Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I had “nightmare” what does this mean?

Drayven

First off, I’m not making any of this up. Second, I’m not a wuss and I’m not afraid of scary movies. This just randomly happened.

I have dreamed of the character Freddy Krueger multiple times before. And he always is chasing me. Until last night he reached out and used his finger knifes on me and I woke up but fell back asleep into the same part... I kept dreaming. I was gettin stuck and at one time he even grabbed my foot. 

I woke up this morning with black on four of my toes. Kinda like oil. And it doesn't wanna come off. I wanna know what these dreams mean, and quite frankly, how it’s possible that happened. I get scratches can mean you’ve scratched yourself, but how did this happen?

3 minutes ago, Drayven said:

First off, I’m not making any of this up. Second, I’m not a wuss and I’m not afraid of scary movies. This just randomly happened.

I have dreamed of the character Freddy Krueger multiple times before. And he always is chasing me. Until last night he reached out and used his finger knifes on me and I woke up but fell back asleep into the same part... I kept dreaming. I was gettin stuck and at one time he even grabbed my foot. 

I woke up this morning with black on four of my toes. Kinda like oil. And it doesn't wanna come off. I wanna know what these dreams mean, and quite frankly, how it’s possible that happened. I get scratches can mean you’ve scratched yourself, but how did this happen?

Wrong section of the forum but here I go.

First off Freddy might represent some kind of subconscious fear. Perhaps of someone or getting stabbed. Maybe assault. As for your toes, do you sleep walk? Did you step in something without realizing it? Perhaps sleep with black socks on? (sometimes the dye comes off due to feet sweating). Do you have sibling that might want to prank you? 

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Wrong section of the forum but here I go.

First off Freddy might represent some kind of subconscious fear. Perhaps of someone or getting stabbed. Maybe assault. As for your toes, do you sleep walk? Did you step in something without realizing it? Perhaps sleep with black socks on? (sometimes the dye comes off due to feet sweating). Do you have sibling that might want to prank you? 

I don’t and never have sleepwalked. Also, I don’t sleep in socks during the summer. I do have siblings however I don’t know how they would know I got grabbed in that place in the dream... :-/ Strange.

I have to agree with Xeno that it is representing something for you. Freddie is not real, but your subconscious has latched onto it as a symbol as much as you say you dream of him. This is best answered by you. Maybe sit quiet, if you do not meditate, and think what is it in your life that underneath it all makes you feel pressured, or chased or hounded or threatened somehow. 

Maybe it is as small as grade point averages in classes or a co-worker who makes you feel like your job is threatened, or a parent you feel you cannot please somehow, or something else. It is a symbol of something which makes you feel the way you do in the dreams and this is your sub-conscious venting it and toying with it to maybe bring ideas to handle it better for you.

Your foot? Who knows? Maybe you brushed something before you got into bed and didn't realize it. Identify your "Freddie" and the dream will probably stop. That is how my dream beasties turn out.

JMO. Good luck.

• Like 1

I think you have got some irritant on your foot before bed,the pain of it caused you to dream and it just happen to be about Freddy.Or it could be an evil entity trying to scare you and left some sort of residue on your foot,I think its the former.

If you have any more weird nightmares and wake up again, don't go right back to sleep.

Get up and move around a bit. 

Get a drink of water or something.

It helps you to not go right back into the nightmare. 

I don't know what happened to your foot, but I know during sleep we can make incorporate things we are feeling into our dreams.

Say someone was painting your toenails for a laugh, and got some nail polish on your feet.

You might incorporate that sensation into a nightmare you're having about Freddy Krueger. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Drayven said:

I’m not afraid of scary movies. This just randomly happened.

I have dreamed of the character Freddy Krueger multiple times before

You may not be scared, but  contents of a scary movies can manifest in your dreams, while you are asleep you are not in control on how you can deal with scary things like you can do while awake.

This was just a nightmare because you watched a scary movie.

The fact you are questioning your nightmare without realising that it is because of what you are inputting into your mind during your waking hours, shows you are not aware of the effect  watching these kind of movies can have on your subconsious mind.

• Like 1