Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

status updates going off the edge

Space Commander Travis

I mean literally in this case, not as a figure of speech. Just lately they seem to have started going off the edge of the page rather than wrapping. It was doing it yesterday, but thyen it rectified itself, but it seems to be doing it again. :blink:

• Like 1

It happens when someone posts a URL - a long string with no spaces that pushes the containing element off the side of the page.

I've implemented a fix - it shouldn't do it now. (you may have to hit CTRL+F5 to refresh your cache)

Fixing that seems to have introduced a bug in the word wrapping of other sidebar elements - so I've reverted the change for now.

I'll need to investigate the issue further - I'll get on to this as soon as I can.

Ok, that should be the issue solved now without causing any problems elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

I mean literally in this case, not as a figure of speech. Just lately they seem to have started going off the edge of the page rather than wrapping. It was doing it yesterday, but thyen it rectified itself, but it seems to be doing it again. :blink:

LOL

• 2 months later...

Had this for twenty mins now and nothing is fixing the problem for me.  Not even a safe-mode spring-clean of my laptop.  It's present on IE and Firefox both.

22 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Had this for twenty mins now and nothing is fixing the problem for me.  Not even a safe-mode spring-clean of my laptop.  It's present on IE and Firefox both.

It's not you - it's a technical glitch with the forum - if it's doing it then someone has posted a link or some other text that is too long.

I believe I've found which status update is responsible and have edited it.

Won't stop this from happening again - but will fix it for now.

• Thanks 1