Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did you heard abou rotary club or lions club?

Relam

Just now, Timothy said:

@Relam, why don’t you join them? Then you can report to us on what you find. Probably won’t be what you think in OP.

so much easier to complain and whine. doing something takes effort, and time, and certain trait of character,

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Timothy said:

@Relam, why don’t you join them? Then you can report to us on what you find. Probably won’t be what you think in OP.

I’ve never heard anything weird about them. They do a lot of good in Australia. Lions club has been selling these mints probably since before I was born: http://lionsclubs.org.au/activities/products/mints/ , what do you think their purpose is? If not for fundraising?

Seriously, join them and do some good.

I won't, someone must keep balance between good and evil, there is too much goodies :D

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, aztek said:

helping poor does not mean they will become rich.

But to make them comfortable but they are still not comfortable

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Relam said:

Yeah but again people on high positions like professors or directors are catch on that because its ego fulfilling

Being generous is a dopamine hit. My boss and I joke how high we get helping the local downtrodden out. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, aztek said:

and you will always see them no matter what. helping poor does not mean they will become rich.

And there are riches other than money or gold.

• Like 2

Ugh...really?

If you wanna know what they do, just join. 

Don't just sit around and assume the worst. 

Most of this is about guys getting away from the wives and kids for a while. 

I'm sure that's a good thing for everyone involved. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Piney said:

The Lions aren't elite. Anyone can join. 

Yeah, the Lions raise money for the blind and eye care for the under-privileged. I know they helped many dirt poor folks in the Southern US to get basic glasses and needed care. What money they raised went to that and sending used glasses to other countries as well in some cases.

Check them, join them, see for yourself and help. Then, you will know.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GlitterRose said:

Ugh...really?

If you wanna know what they do, just join. 

Don't just sit around and assume the worst. 

Most of this is about guys getting away from the wives and kids for a while. 

I'm sure that's a good thing for everyone involved. 

exactly this.

boring meetings held at good places to eat and get away for a while, and chat with other people who are usually pretty ordinary and friendly and happy to help the community in their specific way. Not exciting, but, social and it can do some good. 

• Like 1

Just now, Relam said:

But to make them comfortable but they are still not comfortable

what do you do so they are comfortable, besides criticizing those that actually do something?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2018 at 10:00 AM, Relam said:

Did you heard about Rotary club or Lions club?

They say that they serve world to bring peace but there are theories that they are masonic cult. Lots of high ranked people are in this club from all around the world.

Id like to discuss about this if someone have more knowledge about it write down.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotary_International

Well gosh, for once it isn't the Freemasons?

But so long as you are going to CT on Rotary and Lions... don't forget the Eagles, Moose, Elk, Owls, Orioles, Reindeer, Jaycees, Kiwanis, American Legion, Oddfellows, Knights of Columbus, Foresters, and Shriner's while you are at it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rashore said:

Well gosh, for once it isn't the Freemasons?

But so long as you are going to CT on Rotary and Lions... don't forget the Eagles, Moose, Elk, Owls, Orioles, Reindeer, Jaycees, Kiwanis, American Legion, Oddfellows, Knights of Columbus, Foresters, and Shriner's while you are at it.

ah, yes, well, I was in Kiwanis and American Legion and am not illuminati or a Mason or ET world dominator or whatever it is we are all supposed to be, and was not some rich powerful dude either. Just the local cop of that Kiwanis group in their community outreach (and mine to connect with business owners and their concerns), and the Legion due to my military service and having friends in that chapter. When I was reassigned I joyously left that Kiwanis chapter, breakfast was not worth hearing the banalities otherwise for me. I bore too easy. Send me to a bar fight but do not drone on and on about tourism and spring breaking kids and potholes please.

Ate breakfast with Kiwanis (boring as the hells otherwise, as I never have cared about networking) and would get drunk sometimes with the Legion crowd and talk war stories. I was especially concerned about the elderly Vets who were alone and so would sit with them some nights and listen. I was still active duty then.

That is the deep inner secret of those groups. The Shriners do a tremendous lot of good through their hospitals. Several of my friends had Dads in the Masons and they didn't sacrifice any of us or do anything like that either. One took us to the beach and was great with a grill out, and another one was always happy to help us learn to fix our cars if we had trouble and brought it by when he was off work.

Nefarious sorts, one and all, for sure.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Relam said:

Yeah but again people on high positions like professors or directors are catch on that because its ego fulfilling

You grossly, grossly overestimate the high position and power of collegiate instructors.

Also, the Lions Club traditionally earns money for the blind by selling brooms. Are you seriously suggesting that paltry income is really being used for nefarious reasons? Brooms? There's a reason people use the term "conspiridiot" when referring to people whose critical thinking skills are subpar.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

13 hours ago, aztek said:

what do you do so they are comfortable, besides criticizing those that actually do something?

Not often I agree with Aztek, but this appears to be dead on...

I'm not far from retiring, and I care about those who might be less fortunate (I guess there are a few somewhere.. :D ).  I have skills in lots of areas that could be useful, and I'd love to volunteer my time, and even some of what's left of my money..

And that's what Rotary and Lions clubs consist of - people like me.  Non-poiitical, non-commercial, organisations of nice folks who want to help others and have the time.

Frankly, I consider it a selfish thing, from the point of view that when I help someone and see their gratitude, I feel absolutely great.  There's no better feeling.. (oh ok, maybe one or two..).

Relam, get off your butt and go talk to these folks.  Join up.  Become useful.  And do tell us all about it, if you find out otherwise, mmmkay?

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3

Here's a thought.

When you want to know about a group...google it and read the wiki page or their own website. 

That's how you find out basic stuff. 

Just now, ChrLzs said:

Not often I agree with Aztek, but this appears to be dead on...

I'm not far from retiring, and I care about those who might be less fortunate (I guess there are a few somewhere..:D).  I have skills in lots of areas that could be useful, and I'd love to volunteer my time, and even some of what's left of my money..

And that's what Roray and Lions clubs consist of - people like me.  Non-poiitical, non-commercial, orgnaisations of nice folks who want to help others and have the time.

Frankly, I consider it a selfish thing, from the point of view that when I help someone and see their gratitude, I feel absolutely great.  There's no better feeling.. (oh ok, maybe one or two..).

Relam, get off your butt and go talk to these folks.  Join up.  Become useful.  And do tell us all about it, if you find out otherwise, mmmkay?

Ha! I know.

I was thinking to myself...

do I actually need to like something here? 

On 8/22/2018 at 2:23 PM, Relam said:

They have so much money and what they do is helping but i still see poor people

What makes you think they all have "so much money?"

There are plenty of ordinary working class people who are in these groups and do charity work. 

On 8/22/2018 at 1:07 PM, aztek said:

never heard about lions club, but we have knights of Columbus chapters all over Brooklyn

Lions Club are the glasses people.

They collect used eye glasses to give to people who can't afford them. 

On 24. 08. 2018. at 4:35 AM, GlitterRose said:

What makes you think they all have "so much money?"

There are plenty of ordinary working class people who are in these groups and do charity work. 

There is a theory is that one man in that club is free mason others are normal people who don't know that or don't believe. Who knows maybe they are.. What makes you so sure that all free masons are good?

On 8/25/2018 at 11:25 PM, Relam said:

There is a theory is that one man in that club is free mason others are normal people who don't know that or don't believe. Who knows maybe they are.. What makes you so sure that all free masons are good?

NOBODY made that ridiculous claim, and now you are just posting strawmen.  Go away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2018 at 11:32 AM, Rlyeh said:

We really need a facepalm emote.

There are some theories that Catholics eat babies.

No..But they say in China there is this dish called Dead Baby Soup.

I mean, there probably is some overlap in membership. It isn't like they have that on the bylaws. 

Freemasons aren't exactly secret either, they have a pretty lax membership requirement. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

I mean, there probably is some overlap in membership. It isn't like they have that on the bylaws. 

Freemasons aren't exactly secret either, they have a pretty lax membership requirement. 

Someone once asked /me/ to be a Freemason. I said no.

But still, they asked. Me. That's a pretty low bar, even if I am one of those super-influential professors Relam was on about.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jaylemurph said:

Someone once asked /me/ to be a Freemason. I said no.

But still, they asked. Me. That's a pretty low bar, even if I am one of those super-influential professors Relam was on about.

--Jaylemurph

Oddly, that's actually against the rules. They are supposed to wait for you to ask. 

But the conspiracy crowd have really made that a pain. 

• Like 1

@Relam, done any more research? Any damning evidence to provide us? 

Or, did you sign up, and you’re now busy doing good for people who need it?

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2018 at 5:37 AM, Timothy said:

I’ve never heard anything weird about them. They do a lot of good in Australia. Lions club has been selling these mints probably since before I was born: http://lionsclubs.org.au/activities/products/mints/ , what do you think their purpose is? If not for fundraising?

Seriously, join them and do some good.

I love their spearmint ones.. always buy heaps of them when I got to the doctors :)

• Thanks 1