Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did you heard abou rotary club or lions club?

Relam

12 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

I love their spearmint ones.. always buy heaps of them when I got to the doctors :)

You’re definitely part of the conspiracy then!! :lol:

I haven’t had one for years. Maybe I’ll find some...

On 2018-08-22 at 11:58 AM, StarMountainKid said:

My dad was a member of the Lion's Club for yeas and years. All I know is he went to meetings. I think in those old days these kinds of clubs were more popular than they are now. I think their main purpose was time away from the wife and family and time spent with the guys. A sort of hobby in a way.

Be open honest. What was your dad's financial situation? I dont think I have ever seen a mason or some members of a secret organization that were employed at Starbucks or at Pizza Hut :)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

Be open honest. What was your dad's financial situation? I dont think I have ever seen a mason or some members of a secret organization that were employed at Starbucks or at Pizza Hut :)

My dad was an accountant. He was also on the local school board and I'm not sure what else. He was a player, if you know what that means. A snappy dresser. I never in my life saw him without a suit and a tie or at least a sports coat. He liked to gamble, too. I grew up in the biggest house in the neighborhood. 

What all this means is, I think he lived beyond his means. Thing is, we lived in this really small town in the 1950s when the economy was good. 

I think there were more exclusive clubs in town, the Elks or something. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, StarMountainKid said:

I think there were more exclusive clubs in town, the Elks or something. 

Loyal Order of Water Buffalos?

:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I used to have brownie (little girl scouts) meetings at one when i was little. We would eat cookies and drink juice and sell nuts and cookies and attend girl scout olympics you know all that evil stuff...

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, NicoletteS said:

I used to have brownie (little girl scouts) meetings at one when i was little. We would eat cookies and drink juice and sell nuts and cookies and attend girl scout olympics you know all that evil stuff...

Conniver! :angry:

• Haha 2

There's a Lions Lodge next door to my apartment building. All I know about them is that those old people have way better parties than I do. AND, they always have the noise down by 23:00, which is very considerate of them. Also one time one of them helped me change a tire.

• Like 1

On 12/09/2018 at 8:55 PM, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Loyal Order of Water Buffalos?

:D

We have a RAOB here in Brisbane - Royal Austere Order Of Buffalos.

On 22/08/2018 at 3:00 PM, Relam said:

They say that they serve world to bring peace but there are theories that they are masonic cult.

So what if they are? You're making a logical leap here: that Masons are bad and that Masons are a cult. Neither of which are proven.

• Like 1

Come to think of it, my grandfather on my mother's side was a Mason. My grandmother was a member of the woman's auxiliary, the Eastern Star. That's what she told me once.

By all accounts my grandfather was a very good man. I really know nothing about the Masons.  

i saw two cars with lions logo on license plates, at my works parking lot. turns out i've seen such lic.plates many times before, just did not care to look closer. thought it was one of police unions logos. apparently there are plenty of them in new york

On 2018-08-22 at 5:32 PM, Rlyeh said:

We really need a facepalm emote.

There are some theories that Catholics eat babies.

No they just like children especially the padres. The Masons are not bad its a fraterny and the Lions Club does good helps the poor etc Rotary is more like a club for buisnessmen ha another version of linked in 

Edited by Avalanche

• 2 months later...

On 8/23/2018 at 1:32 PM, jaylemurph said:

You grossly, grossly overestimate the high position and power of collegiate instructors.

Also, the Lions Club traditionally earns money for the blind by selling brooms. Are you seriously suggesting that paltry income is really being used for nefarious reasons? Brooms? There's a reason people use the term "conspiridiot" when referring to people whose critical thinking skills are subpar.

--Jaylemurph

Hi JayLemurph

Sure it all sounds innocent on the surface selling brooms to the blind but then it evolves into brooms for drugs then stepping up the game to brooms for guns and world domination.:whistle::lol:

jmccr8

• Haha 1

Lions? It's a social network club that doubles for a pretext to go out an drink beer- at least here in town.

The father-in-law was a high ranking Mason.  Never directly asked but hinted quite a bit about me joining the Mason's.  I looked into it, but lacked a fundamental requirement:  You have to believe in a "Grand Designer" which I don't.  The lawyers, doctors, business owners and politicians in it does give it's networking perks considerable heft, though.

On 11/21/2018 at 9:45 PM, jmccr8 said:

Hi JayLemurph

Sure it all sounds innocent on the surface selling brooms to the blind but then it evolves into brooms for drugs then stepping up the game to brooms for guns and world domination.:whistle::lol:

jmccr8

My grandfather, Pappylemurph, was a Lion for decades. 

If I got cheated out of my hereditary dominion, there’ll be hell to pay. I’ll turn the Lions into worse that what the pin heads here fear they are!

—Jaylemurph 

• Haha 2