Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lorandite

ares_GOW

32 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Black Athena? A senior scholar recommended this sad afrocentric twaddle? As far as I've read, your take on Dionysus has been expressed by other scholars.

Not seriously; he was saying my work was inferior to the twaddle and I could read it to improve.

EDIT: But my take was awesome in a way previous treatments had not been awesome. Somebody here (I don't remember whom any more) asked to read that paper, and I sent it on. I don't  recall them hating it.

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ares_GOW said:

You know that greeks called them self Danaoí and the translation of that is something like outsiders that they were actually somewhere from africa they were darker skin color than the macedonians they were not at all the same 

Why would thr Greeks call themselves “outsiders”? In Most, if not all, cultures the collective noun they have for themselves can be summed up as “us, right here, as opposed to you over there”. 

Homer refers to the expeditionary force at Troy as Achaeans (Ἀχαιοί), Argives (Ἀργεῖοι), or Danaans (Δαναοὶ), never as Greeks.

Homer uses his three terms interchangeably as to meaning: they are altogether equivalent in what they signify, which is the army from mainland Greece--including but not limited to Achaea and Argos--and neighboring islands including Crete. But Homer does not--and could not--use the three terms interchangeably as to meter, because they are not metrically equivalent.

Consequently, Homer--and the bards who preceded him during generations of oral composition,--chose among the words for Achaeans, Argives and Danaans depending on which term was metrically appropriate for the location where it was to be used.

From Homer.

Another name for what we call Greeks. It certainly doesn't mean "outsiders," though some of the Macedonians might have used it that way, considering the area was occupied by several different tribes of people.

Harte

• Like 2

On 8/23/2018 at 4:38 AM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

No one is allowed into his Alshar mine because that’s were we buried the Stargate. THEY. where THEY buried the Stargate. I have witnesses that will testify I was elsewhere when it was buried.

Hats.. time and time again I have told you not to give away the overlords secrets.. yet here you are once again.. blabbing your mouth off.. seriously.. you need to go in for reprogramming.. the Lizard Queen of our Mother Country is so going to tear you a new one.. 

Final Warning.. do it again.. and you will be sectioned.. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

Final Warning.. do it again.. and you will be sectioned.. 

Is that like drawn and quartered? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Piney said:

Is that like drawn and quartered? 

Very similar, except in this case your little bits  are stuck under a microscope for freshmen in high school to study in biology.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 8/24/2018 at 12:30 AM, jaylemurph said:

Not seriously; he was saying my work was inferior to the twaddle and I could read it to improve.

EDIT: But my take was awesome in a way previous treatments had not been awesome. Somebody here (I don't remember whom any more) asked to read that paper, and I sent it on. I don't  recall them hating it.

--Jaylemurph

That was me.