Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cave girl was half Neanderthal half Denisovan

Still Waters

Once upon a time, two early humans of different ancestry met at a cave in Russia.

Some 50,000 years later, scientists have confirmed that they had a daughter together.

DNA extracted from bone fragments found in the cave show the girl was the offspring of a Neanderthal mother and a Denisovan father.

The discovery, reported in Nature, gives a rare insight into the lives of our closest ancient human relatives.

Neanderthals and Denisovans were humans like us, but belonged to different species.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-45271644

Born 90,000 years ago, the child is the first direct evidence of interbreeding among Neanderthals and their cousins the Denisovans.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2018/08/news-denisovan-neanderthal-hominin-hybrid-ancient-human/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think Neanderthals were the last human species that was really Tolerant. Modern humans have shown over and over, even if we say we are being tolerant, we are not. We hate and attack, even when we preach otherwise.

This is really interesting. I was reading about it, and they think that the Denisovans probably were very widespread in Asia when modern humans started moving out of Africa and into Asia.

I also thought it was interesting that I read that most people have 1% to 3% of neanderthal DNA, but not everyone has the same genes. Experts think as much as 20-25% of the total DNA genome may be still existing in the worlds modern human population.

• Like 2

Bet that was an ugly baby. 

• Haha 2

They try to make it sound like it was a romantic night.    Chances are that it was rape.   My guess is that at that time, most pregnancies were the result of rape.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Denisovans could be the last link in pyramid building and the stonehenge area 

On 27/08/2018 at 3:45 PM, Myles said:

They try to make it sound like it was a romantic night.    Chances are that it was rape.   My guess is that at that time, most pregnancies were the result of rape.  

I agree...the bloke was probably clubbed into submission....those Neanderthal women were ugly Mothers....

• Haha 3