Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US cuts funding to Palestinian Authority

RoofGardener

It seems that Donald Trump has ordered the state department to cut $200 million in foreign aid to the Palestinian Authority and HAMAS.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-palestinians/trump-cuts-more-than-200-million-in-us-aid-to-palestinians-idUSKCN1L923C

This comes on top of the recent withholding of around $60 million to UNRWA, the UN organisation for the Perpetuation of the Palestinian Refugee Problem..

Excellent ! After 30 years of insulting and humiliating the USA, the PLO will finally realise that if you offend your donors, you won't get any money from them !

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

It seems that Donald Trump has ordered the state department to cut $200 million in foreign aid to the Palestinian Authority and HAMAS.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-palestinians/trump-cuts-more-than-200-million-in-us-aid-to-palestinians-idUSKCN1L923C

This comes on top of the recent withholding of around $60 million to UNRWA, the UN organisation for the Perpetuation of the Palestinian Refugee Problem..

Excellent ! After 30 years of insulting and humiliating the USA, the PLO will finally realise that if you offend your donors, you won't get any money from them !

Gotta keep that base energized and distracted by stirring the most divisive pots possible! 

• Like 1

Excellent!  If you think these rats aren't motivated by $, just watch them jump in line when the rest of the world follows suit.  Once Abbas assumes room temperature, the next "leader" in line for the trough will be amenable to "make peace".  One thing is sure, allowing these murdering animals to continue being paid to do their dirt, isn't working.

LOL ^^^^^^ 

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Gotta keep that base energized and distracted by stirring the most divisive pots possible! 

11 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

LOL ^^^^^^ 

You have to be pretty weak-minded to get that much joy out of self-validating biases.  Meanwhile, Trump continues to win and the Palestinians suck on a couple of hundred million LESS.  :w00t:   It's a beautiful thing...

• Like 1

Just now, and then said:

You have to be pretty weak-minded to get that much joy out of self-validating biases.  Meanwhile, Trump continues to win and the Palestinians suck on a couple of hundred million LESS.  :w00t:   It's a beautiful thing...

Perhaps :lol:

Its become really disturbingly easy to predict though. Some negative headlines come out so Trump says or does something negative about brown people and all is forgiven with his base. 

Truthfully , like Trump I dont really care about the issue in and of itself, its watching him play his faithful like puppets which has become the real show. 

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Its become really disturbingly easy to predict though. Some negative headlines come out so Trump says or does something negative about brown people and all is forgiven with his base. 

Truthfully , like Trump I dont really care about the issue in and of itself, its watching him play his faithful like puppets which has become the real show. 

Enjoy.  It's always easy to predict a thing when you only have one filter with which to view the world:  they call it OBSESSION  :w00t:

Just now, and then said:

Enjoy.  It's always easy to predict a thing when you only have one filter with which to view the world:  they call it OBSESSION  :w00t:

Weird, before Trump his supporters called that kind of vigilance patriotism. 

Funny how things change. 

Not surprising that Donald Trump does that. The USA have traditionally not been that neutral in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. They have been on the Israeli side of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, maybe it can at least partly be explained with that Jewish people have a lot of power in the USA, and Trump and his administation are even more on the Israeli side than previous administrations. The country I live in on the other hand, Sweden, has more been on the Palestinian side, and has even recognized Palestine as a sovereign country. The relationship to Israel is not that good. The friendship with the Palestinians has particularly been big during times when there has been a government headed by the social democratic party. I think that more neutrality in the conflict would be good from all countries, favouring one side over the other only causes conflict.

Edited by fred_mc
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, fred_mc said:

Not surprising that Donald Trump does that. The USA have traditionally not been that neutral in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. They have been on the Israeli side of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, maybe it can at least partly be explained with that Jewish people have a lot of power in the USA, and Trump and his administation are even more on the Israeli side than previous administrations. The country I live in on the other hand, Sweden, has more been on the Palestinian side, and has even recognized Palestine as a sovereign country. The relationship to Israel is not that good. The friendship with the Palestinians has particularly been big during times when there has been a government headed by the social democratic party. I think that more neutrality in the conflict would be good from all countries, favouring one side over the other only causes conflict.

I think I disagree, Fred_mc. The Palestinian Leadership (the PLO) want to kill the jews, and certainly to destroy Israel. The Jews want to maintain Israel, and are not keen to be slaughtered :D 

Set against those irreconcilable differences, one should NOT attempt to sit on the fence. To do so is morally indefensible. 

Either you are for the Jews, or you are for the PLO. 

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

That is a disgraceful thing to say, Farmer77. I'm disappointed that you choose to play the race card in order to sustain your Trump Hatred. Or Trump Obsession. Or Trump... well... voyeurism ??? entertainment ??? This is real life, not the Truman Show !!

Oh wait... shutupshutup.. Nikki Hailey is about to make another speech at the UN. :o 

< opens bag of popcorn and offers it around> :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

That is a disgraceful thing to say, Farmer77. I'm disappointed that you choose to play the race card in order to sustain your Trump Hatred. Or Trump Obsession. Or Trump... well... voyeurism ??? entertainment ???

As with so many others in his world, it's the only life they have and they don't mind surrendering all honesty and dignity for the chance of bringing down a president they didn't want.  They keep acting like tantrum-throwing children and someday they're apt to really get spanked.

• Haha 1

The worst was when he tried to use that poor girl's death.

The family had to come out and say something about it, and it's not like they don't have enough to deal with, already.

Those poor people are grieving the loss of their daughter. 

The POTUS has no shame. 

• Like 2

Umm.. what has that got to do with the Palestinians ? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

POTUS using whatever he can in the world to distract from his legal troubles. 

The other day it was his sudden interest in the "plight" of white farmers in South Africa. 

Today, it's this.

Edited by GlitterRose
  • Like 2

Just now, RoofGardener said:

It was just a recognition of the tactic. 

Attorney general caught lying to congress? Ban muslims.  EPA head caught in all types of scandals? Talk about MS-13 being the greatest threat to America since the ice age. Former lawyer admits to committing crimes at Trumps behest, the only important story is about an illegal immigrant committing a crime. Thats not getting enough coverage (which he lamented in his most recent clown show event) ? Then cut funding to the PLO that'll get the base super excited! 

• Like 1

Obviously, if he can whip up outrage about something else, it's a win for him. 

• Like 1

I can't believe you two. The Presidents actions in suspending aid money to the PLO is consistent with his previous suspension of UNRWA funds, and his decision to move the Embassy into Jerusalem. Or where they ALL 'distraction tactics' ? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I can't believe you two. The Presidents actions in suspending aid money to the PLO is consistent with his previous suspension of UNRWA funds, and his decision to move the Embassy into Jerusalem. Or where they ALL 'distraction tactics' ? 

Well kinda. Why do you think every single topic which Trump "cares" about is an emotional tinderbox for his supporters? Not much rational thought happens when you're operating off of the base emotions of fear and anger.  

Its really ingenious. You take every preconceived bias which the base has and by alternately stirring up dust with rhetoric (Twitter) and the occasional actual action there is never any real discussion about what else he might be doing or the long term health of his actions because , hey, he's dealing with the stuff the guy on talk radio has been screaming at me about for decades now.

As for the UNRWA fund suspension , going after the PLO and the UN is exactly the kind of thing to distract his base after his former chief strategist, a right winger with his own amount of "gravitas" with the base,  called the Trump tower meeting treasonous.     Bannon: 2016 Trump Tower meeting was 'treasonous'   Remember the fire and fury book that quote came from ? Yeah that gem was boiling beneath the surface for weeks before the UNRWA decision and of course came out just days in advance.  

So it may be a classic "wag the dog" type distraction or it could be just more of the same for this administration: picking on emotional topics to keep the base from thinking critically. 

Well kinda. Why do you think every single topic which Trump "cares" about is an emotional tinderbox for his supporters? Not much rational thought happens when you're operating off of the base emotions of fear and anger.  

Its really ingenious. You take every preconceived bias which the base has and by alternately stirring up dust with rhetoric (Twitter) and the occasional actual action there is never any real discussion about what else he might be doing or the long term health of his actions because , hey, he's dealing with the stuff the guy on talk radio has been screaming at me about for decades now.

As for the UNRWA fund suspension , going after the PLO and the UN is exactly the kind of thing to distract his base after his former chief strategist, a right winger with his own amount of "gravitas" with the base,  called the Trump tower meeting treasonous.     Bannon: 2016 Trump Tower meeting was 'treasonous'   Remember the fire and fury book that quote came from ? Yeah that gem was boiling beneath the surface for weeks before the UNRWA decision and of course came out just days in advance.  

So it may be a classic "wag the dog" type distraction or it could be just more of the same for this administration: picking on emotional topics to keep the base from thinking critically. 

OooooKAY... so everything that President Trump does is just a "distraction tactic", with no actual ethical or strategic plan ? 

Fine... just as long as he keeps on doing good things, then you can have as many 'distractions' as you like :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

OooooKAY... so everything that President Trump does is just a "distraction tactic", with no actual ethical or strategic plan ? 

Man theres definitely a strategic plan, its called "watch this hand and nevermind what the other is doing" 

Fine... just as long as he keeps on doing good things, then you can have as many 'distractions' as you like :D 

Ya know thats the ironic thing about Trump. His rhetoric and even some of his actions themselves aren't always wrong....on the surface. Dig past that surface even a little though and the ulterior and ultimately self serving motives become self evident.

Kushner’s financial ties to Israel raise questions over peace broker role

Like I said to andthen, I dont even personally care about the issue itself but when I saw the title of your thread I couldn't help but envision Trump holding the puppet strings forcing the "patriots" to cheer him on while ignoring the absolute moral morass which is the Trump administration. 

It must be difficult for the people who are so easily distracted. :P

• Haha 1

If it's a distraction tactic, it worked - you're all talking aout this and not whatever else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

If it's a distraction tactic, it worked - you're all talking aout this and not whatever else.

Any old tool can hijack a thread.  No one really cares about the hysteria du jour.  The Palestinians are going to starve to death (as soon as they get their obesity under control) because of Trump.  The Palis had a bad day as soon as MBS decided to team with the IDF to take on Iran.  Suddenly, they aren't nearly as important as they once were.  Starve the leadership of their graft and changes will come.

It's a curious thing... the foreign aid to Palestine comes almost entirely from the USA, and European countries. France, for example, gives more than Saudi Arabia. (which - in itself - is by far and away the largest Arab donor). 

The Organisation of Islamic Co-operation bloc of countries frequently cite Palestine as being the most important issue in the Muslim world. But they contribute virtually nothing to UNRWA, or other Palestinian Aid channels.

I approve of Donald Trump's actions; it is time we stopped funding Palestinian terrorism, and in particular the obscenity of the payment of  stipends to Palestinian terrorist prisoners

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

It's a curious thing... the foreign aid to Palestine comes almost entirely from the USA, and European countries. France, for example, gives more than Saudi Arabia. (which - in itself - is by far and away the largest Arab donor). 

The Organisation of Islamic Co-operation bloc of countries frequently cite Palestine as being the most important issue in the Muslim world. But they contribute virtually nothing to UNRWA, or other Palestinian Aid channels.

I approve of Donald Trump's actions; it is time we stopped funding Palestinian terrorism, and in particular the obscenity of the payment of  stipends to Palestinian terrorist prisoners

When a sufficient amount of their funding is removed, they will come to the table.  When you see a "peace plan"  just substitute the word hudnah and you can determine how long the shooting will be dialed down.  The only thing that will ever bring real peace to that land is the total removal of one side or the other in this conflict.  AM YISRAEL CHAI!