Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Pyramid-sized asteroid poses no risk to Earth

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

 
seanjo

Pyramid size is small in rocks hitting Earth context. If it even makes it to the surface.

Edited by seanjo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin

What scares me is that it is a solid fact that asteroids of significant size and influence have impacted our Earth in the past.

Yes, it CAN happen again.

This issue is globally life-threatening, so I truly hope that key governments address this issue on a level of "attack-mode", including sophisticated long-range sensor satellites, and at least some form of weaponized response.

This kind of **** is no game.

Get hit by a big asteroid and it's "game over" for 80% of the world.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
2 minutes ago, pallidin said:

What scares me is that it is a solid fact that asteroids of significant size and influence have impacted our Earth in the past.

Yes, it CAN happen again.

This issue is globally life-threatening, so I truly hope that key governments address this issue on a level of "attack-mode", including sophisticated long-range sensor satellites, and at least some form of weaponized response.

This kind of **** is no game.

Get hit by a big asteroid and it's "game over" for 80% of the world.

It can and probably will happen again unless of course, Trumps Space Corp comes into being...But seriously, I believe anything large enough to cause an extinction level event is tracked already, what we need to concentrate on is surprises and how to change their direction quickly.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin

Yes, we MUST be prepared on some level.

What that level is, I don't know.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
9 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Yes, we MUST be prepared on some level.

What that level is, I don't know.

At the very least being able to launch a nuke or two into space to change the direction.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stiff
17 hours ago, seanjo said:

At the very least being able to launch a nuke or two into space to change the direction.

It's OK, we sussed all that out in the 80's :D

 

asteroids.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seti42

It's always the hit you're not expecting that knocks you the **** out. Sometimes literally, sometimes figuratively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.