Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
seanjo

Does Trump Incite Violence?

182 posts in this topic

seanjo

"That said...it should be noted that Trump, himself, seems to have no issue with inciting violence." 

A quote from a poster.

Has he incited violence? If he has how?

Still Waters

Perhaps you would be better to ask the person who said that. You haven't said who the poster is or from what thread, why not pose your question to them directly?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

seanjo
29 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

Perhaps you would be better to ask the person who said that. You haven't said who the poster is or from what thread, why not pose your question to them directly?

I want examples from everyone, I'm not sure of the rules concerning quoting posters when it comes to status update threads so I thought the best choice was not to name them. And I don't want to hijack the status update thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kittens Are Jerks

The Kentucky rally where protestors were attacked by Trump supporters, one of whom was a white nationalist. A judge ruled that the protestors who were attacked could move forward with their lawsuit against Trump's campaign and two of his supporters, stating that it was plausible Trump incited the violence.

The violent rally Trump can’t move past
What happened inside the Kentucky International Convention Center last spring was similar in ways to confrontations that had broken out at other Donald Trump presidential campaign rallies: A fiery campaign speech, interrupted by protests and heckles. Then scuffles and shouts in the crowd — and Trump repeatedly saying, “Get them out.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/03/the-violent-rally-trump-cant-move-past/

Man accused of attacking rally protester says Trump inspired him
Donald Trump supporter Alvin Bamberger is accused of assaulting a protester at a 2016 campaign rally in Kentucky. But if the 75-year-old veteran lost his cool at the Louisville rally, he did so at the "urging and inspiration" of his President, Bamberger alleges in a lawsuit against Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/15/politics/donald-trump-rally-lawsuit/index.html

And there's this: a viral cartoon with several quotations by the then-presidential candidate, delivered on the campaign trail in 2015 and 2016.

ebOS0qE.jpg?1

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Farmer77
Just now, seanjo said:

A quote from a poster.

I think he absolutely has but its definitely not a direct incitement. 

You can look at his decision to roll back DOJ mandated police reforms in locales with long documented records of constitutional violations first. He of course then went and actually encouraged police to not be too gentle with suspects. 

Really though im not sure you can actually quantify the change in American culture brought on by the rise in nationalism and casual cruelty which has come with Trump. Overt racism has become palpable in areas like mine as Trump's actions and rhetoric have undeniably emboldened them. That toxic combination of racism and casual cruelty has been on display in the social media and internet postings of every single school and church shooter case over the last several years.

You may not be able to tie Trump directly to their actions but as POTUS he certainly is setting the overall societal culture as it relates to what are healthy norms. 

• Like 4

Miss Meeseeks
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, seanjo said:

A quote from a poster.

I believe at the moment there's no correct answer I think this all has started over a Pearl Jam poster for their 2018 concert. 

DC611B5B-F3CD-4561-AE7C-65EFDB046B54-452-00000066F0854E2E.jpeg

Edited by Browng0at
  • Haha 1

Likely Guy

He sure stirs the pot at every available opportunity.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Michelle

I've seen a lot more small liberal protests around town. One Antifa protest even called for people to bring their guns. They just don't seem to get very much of a reaction around here and they've fizzled out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Kittens Are Jerks
2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Overt racism has become palpable in areas like mine as Trump's actions and rhetoric have undeniably emboldened them.

Attacks against Muslim, South Asian, Sikh, Hindu, Arab, and Middle Eastern communities in the US were up a staggering 45 percent in 2017.

https://www.thenation.com/article/trumps-xenophobic-vision-of-america-is-inciting-racist-violence/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

papageorge1
3 hours ago, seanjo said:

A quote from a poster.

No, he doesn't incite 'violence'. That position is the far left taking things too far again in my opinion.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Michelle
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Attacks against Muslim, South Asian, Sikh, Hindu, Arab, and Middle Eastern communities in the US were up a staggering 45 percent in 2017.

https://www.thenation.com/article/trumps-xenophobic-vision-of-america-is-inciting-racist-violence/

They said the same thing when Obama was elected. The racists were coming out of the woodwork!!! Hate groups were forming at an alarming rate!!!

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

and then

The deeper issue the Left should be worried about isn't what flaky thing he'll say next.  They need to be concerned that so MANY agree with what he says ;) 

Or as a former president once said "I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell. Harry S Truman, in Look, Apr. 3, 1956"  :w00t:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

AnchorSteam
Posted (edited)

Fear of your fellow man is the bedrock principle of the Left, it is how they divide and conquer everywhere they rule.

Remember. They hate you

Hillary Clinton - “You could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables: racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic. Some of those folks are irredeemable, but they are not America.”

Obama - “They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”

The quote for last week is from NY State Governor Andrew Cuomo:  "We’re not going to make America great again. It was never that great" The leisure class states their values frankly. Then they double up, "clarify" or backpeddle from there.

Of course, no Leftist will counter those points, not unless they want to join the #walkaway movement.

To defend yourself against a Leftist attack is to be branded as violent and dangerous and all the rest of the slurs that Media Money can buy. And since Trump is attacked all day, every day, to the exclusion of all other considerations, and has the temerity to defend himself then he is "violent" to the Hard-Core fanatical Leftists... but I just repeated myself, didn't it?

Never EVER trouble yourself to even consider anything any Leftist ever says about Trump, let alone give it seriuos thought.

Its not as if they ever listen to any of us, now is it?

Edited by AnchorSteam
  • Like 2

Farmer77
8 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Remember. They hate you

Hillary Clinton - “You could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables: racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic. Some of those folks are irredeemable, but they are not America.”

Obama - “They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”

Or they were just talking about the actual deplorable human beings in your ranks, the Spencers the Phelps etc. 

Its been pretty interesting to watch the right absorb the fringes and grant them legitimacy solely so ya'll can play the victim card. 

8 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Of course, no Leftist will counter those points, not unless they want to join the #walkaway movement.

Hi im countering your alleged "point" 

Myles

I'd say he has incited violence.   I would also say that Hillary did as well.   Today, it seems that there are many on both sides who are doing the same.  

• Like 2

Tatetopa
17 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Fear of your fellow man is the bedrock principle of the Left, it is how they divide and conquer everywhere they rule.

I would say that is an ambidextrous principal it works for the left and the right.   It is always easier to do what you want when people think you are saving them from an outside menace.  What you say about the left is true.   It is also true for the right.  I think it is called energizing the base.  If you think things are going pretty good, you may get complacent about voting.

• Like 1

GlitterRose

Oh lookey...a post about my post.

Yes, he incites violence.

Rather openly and without consequences. 

GlitterRose
31 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'd say he has incited violence.   I would also say that Hillary did as well.   Today, it seems that there are many on both sides who are doing the same.  

Back it up. 

Where are the quotes?

We certainly have the Trump quotes to back it up.

GlitterRose
23 hours ago, Still Waters said:

It's me.

• Like 1

godnodog
On 25/08/2018 at 8:05 PM, seanjo said:

A quote from a poster.

Of course he has, and it can be fact checked. And no will not do it for you or anyone else. But here is a hint:"rallies"

• Like 2

GlitterRose

Regarding a lawsuit...

An ongoing lawsuit

Even though most of Trump's public remarks now come during appearances with world leaders at the White House and less often at rallies across the country, some of his acerbic comments have followed him.

Three protesters who claim they were roughed up by Trump supporters at a March 1, 2016, rally in Louisville, Kentucky, have filed a federal suit against Trump, accusing him of inciting violence.

His lawyers tried to get the case dismissed by saying his comments are protected by the First Amendment's guarantee of freedom of speech and that he did not intend for his words to incite violence.

But federal Judge David Hale rejected that argument in April 2017 and said there was sufficient evidence that the protesters' injuries were a "direct and proximate result" of Trump's comments, according to The Associated Press. Trump was allowed to appeal the case, and the latest step in the proceedings came when a stay was issued in June 2018 pending interlocutory appeals, according to court documents.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/back-trump-comments-perceived-encouraging-violence/story?id=48415766

• Like 1

GlitterRose
Just now, godnodog said:

Of course he has, and it can be fact checked. And no will not do it for you or anyone else. But here is a hint:"rallies"

Anyone claiming they don't know he has done this must be living under a rock.

If people have watched any coverage of him, whatsoever, they would have heard it straight from his mouth. 

• Like 2

GlitterRose
22 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

The Kentucky rally where protestors were attacked by Trump supporters, one of whom was a white nationalist. A judge ruled that the protestors who were attacked could move forward with their lawsuit against Trump's campaign and two of his supporters, stating that it was plausible Trump incited the violence.

The violent rally Trump can’t move past
What happened inside the Kentucky International Convention Center last spring was similar in ways to confrontations that had broken out at other Donald Trump presidential campaign rallies: A fiery campaign speech, interrupted by protests and heckles. Then scuffles and shouts in the crowd — and Trump repeatedly saying, “Get them out.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/03/the-violent-rally-trump-cant-move-past/

Man accused of attacking rally protester says Trump inspired him
Donald Trump supporter Alvin Bamberger is accused of assaulting a protester at a 2016 campaign rally in Kentucky. But if the 75-year-old veteran lost his cool at the Louisville rally, he did so at the "urging and inspiration" of his President, Bamberger alleges in a lawsuit against Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/15/politics/donald-trump-rally-lawsuit/index.html

And there's this: a viral cartoon with several quotations by the then-presidential candidate, delivered on the campaign trail in 2015 and 2016.

ebOS0qE.jpg?1

Snopes regarding the cartoon...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-incitement-violence/

Verdict: True.

• Like 3

godnodog
1 hour ago, GlitterRose said:

Anyone claiming they don't know he has done this must be living under a rock.

If people have watched any coverage of him, whatsoever, they would have heard it straight from his mouth. 

Unless they hear it from the mouth of the "wolf"

GlitterRose
20 hours ago, Browng0at said:

I believe at the moment there's no correct answer I think this all has started over a Pearl Jam poster for their 2018 concert. 

DC611B5B-F3CD-4561-AE7C-65EFDB046B54-452-00000066F0854E2E.jpeg

Yeah, I had to speak up about that, too.

I know it's titfortat because Trump incites violence and does other awful things, but people shouldn't become what they hate.

There's a right and legal way to go about getting a terrible POTUS out of office, and it's not like that. 

• Like 3