Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
seanjo

Does Trump Incite Violence?

182 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

GlitterRose
1 minute ago, godnodog said:

Unless they hear it from the mouth of the "wolf"

Which is exactly why they should know it. 

If they watched any news, whatsoever...even Fox/Faux. 

Any coverage of him at all...they would have heard him saying this stuff. 

Everyone absolutely knows that he does this.

They just smirk and say something like...what violence inciting...what corruption? 

We don't see nuffing!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
19 hours ago, and then said:

The deeper issue the Left should be worried about isn't what flaky thing he'll say next.  They need to be concerned that so MANY agree with what he says ;) 

What things does he say that so many people agree with?

That we need secure borders?  That we need to decide who comes in and why and not have porous borders?  That we need to prevent China and others who don'rt respect copyrights and patents from stealing our ideas? That our infrastructure sucks and needs to be rebuilt?  That journalism is not held to a high standard of truth and the lines have blurred from facts to opinion and infotainment?   That there are a lot of out of work people that want to work and still don't have family wage jobs?  That the opioid problem is a crisis?

I think those things might find agreement among 70%-80% of all people left and right.  Under the right approach we could all work together on those issues.  Freedom, justice, support of the Constitution still gets 70%-80%  I would guess.

That North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat?  That we have eradicated ISIS? That we want to get out of Afghanistan?   Most people would like to believe those things, but currently they don't seem to be true.

The sticking point for a lot of people on the left, progressives, liberals, whatever is what people "think " they hear; the implication echoed by Laura Ingraham and  others that America is less great because the White Northern European influence in our culture is not universal..  That other religions and no religion is gaining ground on Christianity. That even middle American communities are a mix of origins and colors and are somehow less for that.  That the white race is superior to all other races and should have the most rights and be in charge.  That men are superior to women.  How many Trump supporters agree with that?

Those are the areas where we will continue to disagree.  Those are  some basic moral beliefs that go beyond politics and generally people are not willing to compromise in those areas.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
7 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

What things does he say that so many people agree with?

That we need secure borders?  That we need to decide who comes in and why and not have porous borders?  That we need to prevent China and others who don'rt respect copyrights and patents from stealing our ideas? That our infrastructure sucks and needs to be rebuilt?  That journalism is not held to a high standard of truth and the lines have blurred from facts to opinion and infotainment?   That there are a lot of out of work people that want to work and still don't have family wage jobs?  That the opioid problem is a crisis?

I think those things might find agreement among 70%-80% of all people left and right.  Under the right approach we could all work together on those issues.  Freedom, justice, support of the Constitution still gets 70%-80%  I would guess.

That North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat?  That we have eradicated ISIS? That we want to get out of Afghanistan?   Most people would like to believe those things, but currently they don't seem to be true.

The sticking point for a lot of people on the left, progressives, liberals, whatever is what people "think " they hear; the implication echoed by Laura Ingraham and  others that America is less great because the White Northern European influence in our culture is not universal..  That other religions and no religion is gaining ground on Christianity. That even middle American communities are a mix of origins and colors and are somehow less for that.  That the white race is superior to all other races and should have the most rights and be in charge.  That men are superior to women.  How many Trump supporters agree with that?

Those are the areas where we will continue to disagree.  Those are  some basic moral beliefs that go beyond politics and generally people are not willing to compromise in those areas.

 

All those issues existed prior to the paroxysms of hatred that came when Trump was elected.  EVERY ONE OF THEM.  The last sentence of your diatribe stands for all points on the political spectrum.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

Problems existed before Trump and they'll exist after him.

What we didn't have before was a POTUS calling the press the enemy of the people, and calling for people in general that he doesn't like to be locked up or roughed up. 

We also didn't have a POTUS embracing the fringe...Nazis, white nationalists, conspiracy nutters including Alex Jones, etc. 

We also didn't have a POTUS using the Enquirer as his own personal propaganda outlet...the headlines of which are seen at every checkstand in America...whether someone buys it or not. 

Edited by GlitterRose
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

The sticking point for a lot of people on the left, progressives, liberals, whatever is what people "think " they hear; the implication echoed by Laura Ingraham and  others that America is less great because the White Northern European influence in our culture is not universal..  That other religions and no religion is gaining ground on Christianity. That even middle American communities are a mix of origins and colors and are somehow less for that.  That the white race is superior to all other races and should have the most rights and be in charge.  That men are superior to women.  How many Trump supporters agree with that?

And here's the sticking point for me...I don't know anyone on the right that thinks any of those things, they are merely labels and projections put on the right by the left in order to try and stop the people running away from the far left agenda. But you spout it as if it's fact....I see many on here who talk as if these conjectures are done deal, everyone knows it, no take backs...it's repugnant to me that these kinds of talking points have made such an in road into thoughts by a pushing media and insidious politicians who know they are lying....except for the truly brainwashed like Maxine waters.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
2 hours ago, skliss said:

And here's the sticking point for me...I don't know anyone on the right that thinks any of those things, they are merely labels and projections put on the right by the left in order to try and stop the people running away from the far left agenda. But you spout it as if it's fact....I see many on here who talk as if these conjectures are done deal, everyone knows it, no take backs...it's repugnant to me that these kinds of talking points have made such an in road into thoughts by a pushing media and insidious politicians who know they are lying....except for the truly brainwashed like Maxine waters.

 

...as well as those on both sides of spectrum.

They may be equally deranged.

I'm enough of rational lefty to suggest that your current POTUS does incite division/violence (take your pick).

Edit: He was 'hired' to stir things up, I just hope that the great American experiment can survive it.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
8 hours ago, and then said:

All those issues existed prior to the paroxysms of hatred that came when Trump was elected.  EVERY ONE OF THEM.  The last sentence of your diatribe stands for all points on the political spectrum.

Wow, I didn't even know I could write a diatribe.    Nobody is claiming that president Trump originated any of this.  Only that he has chosen a course that divides the country rather than unites it.

As for the last point, you are right.  None of it is only right or left but we keep on that path the right does this the left does this.  We all do it. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa

 

4 hours ago, skliss said:

And here's the sticking point for me...I don't know anyone on the right that thinks any of those things,

Laura Ingraham, Richard Spencer,  Rep. Steve King, Roy Moore, Corey Stewart, Jason Kessler for starters.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle
3 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

They may be equally deranged.

There is no doubt that...:lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
17 hours ago, GlitterRose said:

Anyone claiming they don't know he has done this must be living under a rock.

 

 

Or live in another Country that doesn't get the coverage the US does.

 

It seems he has "incited" violence, but as a Conservative, I still believe the actual actions are the responsibility of the person committing the violence.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

nope, that's an excuse those that create that violence use. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
11 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

 

Laura Ingraham, Richard Spencer,  Rep. Steve King, Roy Moore, Corey Stewart, Jason Kessler for starters.

I don't recognize any name but Laura ingrams....never saw her show but as a pundit Ia few times. I've never seen her say anything like those things...again it's forced interpretations by those with an agenda. And I don't know her personally...I'm talking about real, live, people who live on every street in America...they don't think the things you placed on them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnchorSteam
8 hours ago, skliss said:

I don't recognize any name but Laura ingrams....never saw her show but as a pundit Ia few times. I've never seen her say anything like those things...again it's forced interpretations by those with an agenda. And I don't know her personally...I'm talking about real, live, people who live on every street in America...they don't think the things you placed on them.

Same here, word for word.

You bring up things that powerful national figures that have been elected to high office that said vile things about the POEPLE who are on the right, and a whole.... and to find an equivalent the Left has to dig up pundits or (much more commonly) basement-dwelling Trolls who almost never see the light of day.

They say a sense of proportion is the first thing to go when common sense dies.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
12 hours ago, seanjo said:

Or live in another Country that doesn't get the coverage the US does.

 

It seems he has "incited" violence, but as a Conservative, I still believe the actual actions are the responsibility of the person committing the violence.

So you'd think, but personal responsibility is almost seen as quaint these days.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
8 hours ago, skliss said:

I don't recognize any name but Laura ingrams....never saw her show but as a pundit Ia few times. I've never seen her say anything like those things...again it's forced interpretations by those with an agenda. And I don't know her personally...I'm talking about real, live, people who live on every street in America...they don't think the things you placed on them.

Well tha'ts good.

 

On 8/26/2018 at 12:54 PM, Tatetopa said:

The sticking point for a lot of people on the left, progressives, liberals, whatever is what people "think " they hear; the implication echoed by Laura Ingraham and  others that America is less great because the White Northern European influence in our culture is not universal..  That other religions and no religion is gaining ground on Christianity. That even middle American communities are a mix of origins and colors and are somehow less for that.  That the white race is superior to all other races and should have the most rights and be in charge.  That men are superior to women.  How many Trump supporters agree with that?

I bolded it this time.  My original statement was that I think 70-80% of the people in the US would agree with  secure borders, reigning in opinions and infotainment in the press and support the Constitution and freedom and justice for all.  If the President is interested in getting support of another 20-30% of the people he could if he sticks to his message.

The second part of that is what people on the left "think" they hear.  I bolded think.   This time, I bolded the last part" How many Trump supporters agree with that?"   I truly don't know. 5% -10% , maybe not very many,  If that is true, then we can move forward with justice and equality for all American citizens and support and defense of the Constitution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
14 minutes ago, and then said:

So you'd think, but personal responsibility is almost seen as quaint these days.  

Personal responsibility should still be the highest aim of an adult and something we teach our children from an early age..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin

Trump does not incite violence, rather he has this odd way of stirring issue-specific contention in effort to achieve a goal.

And, of course, he seriously enjoys belittling others whom don't agree.

Can get a little bizarre (ok, alot), for sure, but I guess that's his style in both business and politics.

And maybe it's what we need.

I don't know, I hate politics anyway.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arbenol
5 hours ago, and then said:

So you'd think, but personal responsibility is almost seen as quaint these days.  

I agree with you.

You, on the other hand, apparently do not.

Quote

I'm curious about the reaction of members here.  If it has become acceptable to advocate for the assault of presidential administrative officers (Federal Officials) in public, what will be next?  I mean, even slapping a postal letter carrier intentionally is a FELONY, as I recall.  To those who will say, "she isn't saying for them to physically attack anyone" I will say, would you hold her responsible if someone who hears her public statements causes a riot or violence where someone is hurt or killed?  The LAW does, in most places...  Is THIS a road we REALLY wish to begin down?

So, if an 'evil commie' does it, they are responsible for inciting violence.

If Trump does it, it's all about personal responsibility. Righto!!!

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

why does he only incite violence on the left side???  maybe it is not him but the left side is the problem

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
13 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Well tha'ts good.

 

I bolded it this time.  My original statement was that I think 70-80% of the people in the US would agree with  secure borders, reigning in opinions and infotainment in the press and support the Constitution and freedom and justice for all.  If the President is interested in getting support of another 20-30% of the people he could if he sticks to his message.

The second part of that is what people on the left "think" they hear.  I bolded think.   This time, I bolded the last part" How many Trump supporters agree with that?"   I truly don't know. 5% -10% , maybe not very many,  If that is true, then we can move forward with justice and equality for all American citizens and support and defense of the Constitution.

And that was my point.....people here and all over are being told what we think and act as if, because I think deep down they dont, they believe its true. I don't know anyone who believes any of the things spouted on the news and on here. I've never met any "white supremacists " in my life and I doubt many have but that phrase has become the watchword of the press and the left. 

If they would quit opposing anything and everything suggested by this administration, merely because...ya know...Trump....we could get all of that done and more. It's so weird to watch so many positive things being opposed. I think fully 50% would agree to cut off their right hand if it would somehow get Trump out of office. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin

The only issue I have with Trump is his brazen call for "100% loyalty to me"

Those are his words, not mine.

That is egregiously narcissistic.

In Trump's mind it is impossible for himself to fail or make a mistake, at ANYTHING, anything at all.

All mistakes he makes are the causation of other's. Period.

When he fails it's because YOU failed, because it is not possible for him to be wrong.

He is his own God... in his mind.

 

 

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin

That being said, I have voted for many years now, and I am an "independent" as I hate with a passion partisan politics.

I've voted both democrat and republican.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why not

My wife made me watch a video from the bug eyed guy on CNN (Como, I think is his name) defending the fascist group ANTIFA's use of violence when they confront ....... basically anyone. I could not believe what I was hearing from a so-called news source.  I don't give a s..t who you are, violence is NEVER the way to try and get YOUR point across to anyone on these issues. Yet here we have a so-called news outlet not only defending it, but Bug Eyes seemed to be encouraging it. Amazing.

CNN also refers to these idiots as "anti-hate groups".  They hate anyone who thinks differently is what they hate. 

I love the video of the Anti-hate group yelling the N word at the black ICE officer at one of their "peaceful gatherings". But they can't be racist right, they are liberals. Another smokescreen.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles
1 hour ago, pallidin said:

That being said, I have voted for many years now, and I am an "independent" as I hate with a passion partisan politics.

 

I'm with you there.

Other than Hillary being someone I couldn't vote for, that is why I voted for Trump.   I figured he gave us the better chance at bringing the parties together.   Not sure it has worked out yet, but partisan politics haven't gotten worse.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS
On 8/26/2018 at 3:48 PM, GlitterRose said:

Yeah, I had to speak up about that, too.

I know it's titfortat because Trump incites violence and does other awful things, but people shouldn't become what they hate.

 

Becoming? Violent language, imagery and insinuation is the basic structure of left wing politics. In short, it's common, rampant and nothing new.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.