Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
seanjo

Does Trump Incite Violence?

182 posts in this topic

skliss
On 9/7/2018 at 7:45 PM, Farmer77 said:

The most powerful man in the world waited days to comment because in his own words "he wanted to wait for the facts". Two things there. First even his most ardent supporters have to confess that is out of character for Trump.

Second and more important though he had the facts wrong. Ive posted links to multiple websites which were up days and weeks before the Charlottesville rally explaining exactly who each and every organizer and planned speaker was. Do you honestly believe the most powerful man in the world didnt have access to that information?

I get that, however , without the ability or willingness to identify it yourself you will always be lumped in with them because you are giving tacit approval.....'you' being Trump supporters in general, not necessarily you specifically.

1) Do you think the most powerful man in the world doesn't have a gazillion other things going on at the same time? 

2) I think that's just be BS used to get away with flinging around the racist label. Why bother to get pesky things like facts.  I don't think everyone on the left if a ntifa so why is everyone on the right a racist? And that's where they lose...if we know we aren't, we have to assume that the other people called racists arent as well. The whole narrative falls apart for the thinking voter.

Farmer77
4 hours ago, skliss said:

1) Do you think the most powerful man in the world doesn't have a gazillion other things going on at the same time? 

So which is it did Trump lie when he said he waited days to comment so he could "get all the facts" or did he have too much going on to get all the facts?

"I wanted to make sure, unlike most politicians, that what I said was correct,"

I think that not prioritizing providing a moral anchor for the country after racist mobs marched on a city and killed a woman really highlights the thought process in the WH

4 hours ago, skliss said:

2) I think that's just be BS used to get away with flinging around the racist label. Why bother to get pesky things like facts.  I don't think everyone on the left if a ntifa so why is everyone on the right a racist? And that's where they lose...if we know we aren't, we have to assume that the other people called racists arent as well. The whole narrative falls apart for the thinking voter.

I dont think everyone on the right is a racist. Wholly ignoring the facts surrounding events like Charlottesville just so you can justify continuing to support a man who called racists very fine people however kinda casts you in a racisty light.

Edited by Farmer77

Farmer77
16 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

I've not read anything about this case, but if it's true then maybe Hillary should have focused on things like this instead of looking for Fake Trump Russia stories.

Nah she was screwed from the start, perhaps the most unlikable candidate in history.  If her opponent hadnt been Trump I think she would have lost the popular vote in addition to the electoral college.

RoofGardener
7 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

So which is it did Trump lie when he said he waited days to comment so he could "get all the facts" or did he have too much going on to get all the facts?

I think that not prioritizing providing a moral anchor for the country after racist mobs marched on a city and killed a woman really highlights the thought process in the WH

I dont think everyone on the right is a racist. Wholly ignoring the facts surrounding events like Charlottesville just so you can justify continuing to support a man who called racists very fine people however kinda casts you in a racisty light.

Repeating it over and over again doesn't make it true, Farmer77 :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

skliss
On 9/10/2018 at 1:03 AM, Farmer77 said:

Except that you 've been told a thousand times that he wasn't talking about the racists that were there to keep the statue but the regular folk who wanted to preserve history....and not about antifa types... because he wasn't specific and said "both sides" so the argument could be made he meant them as well....but the people who felt the statues were hurting themselves or others by existing. I'm sure that there were nice, fine people in the crowd who were there for reasons other than racism or violent protest which is why your clinging to a narrative that doesn't take in everything going on that day makes you look disingenuous and frankly very deliberately so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

AnchorSteam

Farmer77
14 hours ago, skliss said:

Except that you 've been told a thousand times that he wasn't talking about the racists that were there to keep the statue but the regular folk who wanted to preserve history....and not about antifa types... because he wasn't specific and said "both sides" so the argument could be made he meant them as well....but the people who felt the statues were hurting themselves or others by existing. I'm sure that there were nice, fine people in the crowd who were there for reasons other than racism or violent protest which is why your clinging to a narrative that doesn't take in everything going on that day makes you look disingenuous and frankly very deliberately so.

This is the perfect answer to your question which got us into this conversation. You , and Trump, choose to believe that very fine people can march with racists at a racist event which was organized by racists for the sole purpose of spreading racism. You're clinging to a false narrative about a statue to justify your continued support of a man who said racists were very fine people.

Thats cool , you do you, just dont whine about being identified as a racist, or at least understand why it is happening.