Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. Senator John McCain dies at age 81

Daughter of the Nine Moons

May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

• Like 6

That's one less vote for conviction/removal if the Dems win the House.  I'm glad his suffering is over.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Jeez.... the brain-cancer was that advanced, and he was still in one of the top descision-making posts in the country?!

unbelievable 

I said it before and I will say it again; TERM LIMITS!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

R.I.P. kind sir. You will be missed.  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, and then said:

That's one less vote for conviction/removal if the Dems win the House.  

Unless the governor appoints his wife.

• Like 1

Ok I'll be the only one here to tell the truth. The guy was a warmongering dirt bag who was in bed with all kinds of terrorist. He had the blood of many innocents on his hands. The world is a better place now that he is no longer in it. I normally don't like to speak bad about the dead, but there is no way I can pretend for one second that he was some kind of hero. The man was evil to his core.

ETA And I've thought this long before Trump ever came around.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Ok I'll be the only one here to tell the truth. The guy was a warmongering dirt bag who was in bed with all kinds of terrorist. He had the blood of many innocents on his hands. The world is a better place now that he is no longer in it. I normally don't like to speak bad about the dead, but there is no way I can pretend for one second that he was some kind of hero. The man was evil to his core.

Wow, that's harsh. Was he really all that bad ? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Astra. said:

The guy was the main cheerleader for every war, and every potential war they could dream up. He defended Syria's "moderate rebels" even after evidence came forward that they were beheading children.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Honestly, yeah. Don't get me wrong I have no doubt the man was a patriot who loved his country but he was a true war monger. If it were up to him we would have started a war with the...well hell with everyone by now. I was going to say the Russians which is true but it most definitely doesn't end there. 

This is from 2013 so its somewhat incomplete : Map: All the Countries John McCain Has Wanted to Attack

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

See, now this is legitimate criticism, not just related to his views on Trump.

And it's all true.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

The guy was the main cheerleader for every war, and every potential war they could dream up. He defended Syria's "moderate rebels" even after evidence came forward that they were beheading children.

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Honestly, yeah. Don't get me wrong I have no doubt the man was a patriot who loved his country but he was a true war monger. If it were up to him we would have started a war with the...well hell with everyone by now. I was going to say the Russians which is true but it most definitely doesn't end there. 

This is from 2013 so its somewhat incomplete : Map: All the Countries John McCain Has Wanted to Attack

Oh, ok...well thank you both for your insight. My perspective of the man was that he was outspoken and stood by his convictions mostly, and he was once a prisoner of war. I'm afraid I did not delve too closely into his full political background. However, when I find the proper time I will.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Astra. said:

Oh, ok...well thank you both for your insight. My perspective of the man was that he was outspoken and stood by his convictions mostly, and he was once a prisoner of war. I'm afraid I did not delve too closely into his full political background. However, when I find the proper time I will.  

Well.... its a little late, now. 

Your perspective is accurate, and just as valid as any of the rest. But these little paragraphs of ours only go so far.

Yes, he was a POW, and tortured by the Communists severely. IMHO, it left him a little unhinged. Most importantly, I think he should have retired after his bid for presidency failed in '08.  What bugs me is how these old folks cling to power.... why? Aside from the endorphin rush that the exercise of power gives them, their quality of life can't be helped by hanging on to the job like a Pope. 

I just don't get it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whether you liked him or hated him I do respect the fact that he spent his life in service. IMO he firmly believed he was doing the best for others and this country even if I don't agree with him. He will be missed by his family, they seem especially close knit. RIP John McCain.

• Like 6

His reconciliation towards Vietnam tells you everything about who and what sort of man this was.

I wouldn’t have been ashamed to call him, Mr. President, but his natural charisma never transferred well across the television, and he was perhaps, a little too nice to his foes.

He had more honor than a thousand Donald Trump clones.

Well done, good and faithful servant of “The People.”

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 5

My condolences to his family and friends.

He was a great American and history will remember him kindly. He will be sorely missed.

Rest in peace!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Would you please tell us what branch of the military you served in...

Bad timing for the Midterm elections, because a lot of people will remember Donald Trump saying that John McCain was only a war hero because he survived, and feel guilty if they for even a moment bought that lie.

What seemed like perhaps a Forest Gump white lie at the moment, may become a forest fire in November that will help burn the Trump White House down.

This isn’t Nixon, this isn’t a gate of water, but a gate of Hell.

Edited by Raptor Witness