Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. Senator John McCain dies at age 81

Daughter of the Nine Moons

3 hours ago, hacktorp said:

History will show that John McCain was NOT a patriot, nor did he put "America first".

McCain was a traitor who suffered Traitor's Justice.  Mark my words,

Do you really think McCain was tried in a secret tribunal and put to death? 

So if there is anything to the Qanon conspiracy and DECLAS actually happens we are supposed to find out a lot about McCain's treasonous ways along with many others. I'm not vouching for it, that's just what it is.

It looks like Trump’s diversion worked perfectly. 

Welcome to the cult.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Do you really think McCain was tried in a secret tribunal and put to death? 

So if there is anything to the Qanon conspiracy and DECLAS actually happens we are supposed to find out a lot about McCain's treasonous ways along with many others. I'm not vouching for it, that's just what it is.

Active US military brass finally had enough of McCain.  Both he and Obama (and others) were wholly-owned deep state assets.  Obama had taken personal control over when and where US forces could attack ISIS and lo and behold...ISIS grew by leaps and bounds and became "unstoppable".  McCain arranged logistics and materiel delivery.

Declassification of this and other (FISA) information has been fought tooth and nail by US and foreign deep-state-ers.  They have been successful in delaying...but it will all come out.

Obama (and many others) will go down.

4 hours ago, skliss said:

I heard speculation this morning that the reason he did it was to judge the reactions of fellow Republicans. Are they behind him or ready to denounce him when an opportunity presents itself. Just a theory.

...so divide the republicans into Macain and Trump camps. No reflection on you but you hat type of moron attacks his own party?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

i can't possibly think of any reason why someone would pigeon hole their political views into a dogmatic left or right, as some do here. maybe you can tell me? nor can i be convinced that 'Mr Magoo' Trump is worthy of being blindly followed and praised let alone a standard bearer for the Right. 

I can't possibly think of any reason why I should even respond to this.  I've slept since then.

11 hours ago, Razumov said:

Trump's base hated McCain.

Everyone who is clueless as to why Trump dumps on McCain is someone who has zero understanding of Republicans.

And.... you do.... understand? Republicans and Trump?

I find it interesting when people quote left side memes like they are facts, and post like they were there in the room when things happened.

I believe I did outline why Trump hated McCain in another post... on this page.

As to the "base" they are too busy working, living, loving... to be worried about parsing Trump's word salad he puts out every day. They care what the RESULTS are. And for conservatives, the results look good right now.

7 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

...so divide the republicans into Macain and Trump camps. No reflection on you but you hat type of moron attacks his own party?

Uhh... that happened in early 2016. The Trump camp won resoundingly, and McCain ended up with only a handful of congressional followers. The NeverTrump republicans almost disappeared.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

LOL, well if bumbling through his first 2 years of office and dividing your country is the measure of success then Trump is just that. you see you are whats wrong with America and i don't mean right wing supporters but rather those that follow any political party blindly with nothing more than a white cane and an uncompromising attitude.

Meh... if you actually followed these political threads you'd see I don't follow blindly. And I am not uncompromising. So, I disagree with your assessment. If anything it tells me you are led by your bias, and are painting everyone you disagree with, with the same brush.

I do agree people who follow blindly are usually being stupid. They believe what they are told, rather then seeing the data and reaching a conclusion. In my case, I see the data, but still agree that Trump, as a conservative, has way been a net positive. Even factoring in his stupid episodes, like this one with McCain. 

the messenger is just as important as the message. and if Trump is the messenger then one has to ask what exactly the message he's sending to the people of your country and the world? 

You are correct, which is why we have Trump and not Clinton in office. If the Dems had run a reasonable contender, Trump would have had no chance to win. 

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

Trump, as a conservative, has way been a net positive.

You keep referring to him as a conservative, which is kind of mind boggling.  He is neither fiscally, or socially conservative.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

You keep referring to him as a conservative, which is kind of mind boggling.  He is neither fiscally, or socially conservative.  

Which is why I used a lower case "c". He has done things in the name of being a conservative, even if the man himself was not 10 years ago, and still does not practice what he is preaching.

So, "as a conservative" meant, if we consider him conservative for discussion purposes. :tu:

12 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

A) it wasn't my assessment, I was recounting a possible reason put forth by an expert in politics. B ) if I'm understanding it correctly by his assessment, he's not "attacking his party", he's figuring out those in his party who might still be on the never Trump train by their response to what he said.

Whether this is accurate or not is up in the air, it's just one possible reason for what he did and said.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skliss said:

A) it wasn't my assessment, I was recounting a possible reason put forth by an expert in politics. B ) if I'm understanding it correctly by his assessment, he's not "attacking his party", he's figuring out those in his party who might still be on the never Trump train by their response to what he said.

Whether this is accurate or not is up in the air, it's just one possible reason for what he did and said.

You know initially I thought the theory was nuts but the more I think about it the more im seeing some legitimacy to it. Either it could be an unofficial roll call for the admin to gauge how they should treat PR after the Mueller report comes out, or , it could be he has something big planned and needs to gauge potential support. If its the latter though it would seem like it would have to be something pretty major and controversial to go this route.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

You know initially I thought the theory was nuts but the more I think about it the more im seeing some legitimacy to it. Either it could be an unofficial roll call for the admin to gauge how they should treat PR after the Mueller report comes out, or , it could be he has something big planned and needs to gauge potential support. If its the latter though it would seem like it would have to be something pretty major and controversial to go this route.

Can't take credit for it, but I thought it was interesting enough to pass on.

• Like 2

So let me get this straight.  Trump is basically peeing on the grave of a fellow dead republican just to see if he still has enough people that will unquestioningly be loyal to him for something else he has planned (that is presumably just as morally bad)?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DieChecker said:

And.... you do.... understand? Republicans and Trump?

Me and everyone else who has listened to talk radio for the last 20 years.

The Republican base has hated McCain since forever.

"Peeing on the grave of" is an illiteration for the purpose of outrage.  He has never made a secret of the fact that he didn't/doesn't like McCain. It would be hypocritical of him to pretend McCain was suddenly a saint because he passed away. In fact the hypocrisy of the left, who wouldn't have peed on McCain if he was on fire, but who now pretend to hero worship him is kinda amusing.

6 minutes ago, skliss said:

"Peeing on the grave of" is an illiteration for the purpose of outrage.  He has never made a secret of the fact that he didn't/doesn't like McCain. It would be hypocritical of him to pretend McCain was suddenly a saint because he passed away. In fact the hypocrisy of the left, who wouldn't have peed on McCain if he was on fire, but who now pretend to hero worship him is kinda amusing.

So the answer to my question is a "Yes"?

12 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

So let me get this straight.  Trump is basically peeing on the grave of a fellow dead republican just to see if he still has enough people that will unquestioningly be loyal to him for something else he has planned (that is presumably just as morally bad)?

No. Trump is playing to his base by dumping on a RINO they all hated.

Just now, Gromdor said:

So the answer to my question is a "Yes"?

I don't know the purpose, it was speculation of a political expert that he MAY have been seeing what the reactions of fellow Republicans would be. Farmer added the part about some ominous doings being enacted in the future.

7 minutes ago, skliss said:

speaking of hero worship wasn't Macain unrelenting of his criticism of Putin? wasn't Macain also working closely with Comley, with the Russian investigation? lets just call this attack on Macain's bones for what it really is, i.e. preparing to limit any damage from Trump's upcoming Russian collusion investigation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

speaking of hero worship wasn't Macain unrelenting of his criticism of Putin? wasn't Macain also working closely with Comley, with the Russian investigation? lets just call this attack on Macain's bones for what it really is, i.e. preparing to limit any damage from Trump's upcoming Russian collusion investigation. 

Not sure what your point is, how on earth would saying something controversial BEFORE what you want to deflect from do any good? And I'm not a McCain expert...I simply...for the 3rd time...added another opinion from another expert to the discussion at hand.

1 hour ago, skliss said:

Not sure what your point is, how on earth would saying something controversial BEFORE what you want to deflect from do any good? And I'm not a McCain expert...I simply...for the 3rd time...added another opinion from another expert to the discussion at hand.

I'm not grilling you on Macain. :) i just wanna talk. all I'm saying is that Trump's bromance with authoritarian leader's like Putin and Co. is overshadowed by his quest for domestic vengeance. first it was the Clintons and now its deceased MaCain. the dude has his priorities all wrong. 

30 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I'm not grilling you on Macain. :) i just wanna talk. all I'm saying is that Trump's bromance with authoritarian leader's like Putin and Co. is overshadowed by his quest for domestic vengeance. first it was the Clintons and now its deceased MaCain. the dude has his priorities all wrong. 

Edited by acidhead

What vengeance is he reaping on Clinton? She's defeated and now an after thought. What vengeance is he reaping on McCain? He's dead...not much you can do there.  Is he irritated at what McCain did? I'm guessing yes, but again, other than complain there isn't a whole lot to be done. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, acidhead said:

well that interesting and i will have a look at it. but i fail to see how that exonerates Trump and his Attacks on MaCain. it would seem that Trump is trying to hijack the republican party and forcing them to choose between a dead man and himself. so why wouldn't those loyal to MaCain give it to Trump? 

• Like 1