Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dinosaur DNA clues unpicked by UK scientists

Still Waters

British scientists say they have pieced together what dinosaur DNA looks like.

Researchers at the University of Kent say their work uncovers the genetic secret behind why dinosaurs came in such a variety of shapes and sizes.

This variation helped the creatures evolve quickly in response to a changing environment - helping them to dominate Earth for 180 million years.

But the researchers behind the DNA work say they have no plans to recreate dinosaurs, Jurassic Park style.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-44711974

• Like 2

Dinosaurs are now scarier beast than before, the look that a chicken do before hunting a frog, chasing each other, tearing it up into pieces before swallowing it. Yeah surely they are dinosaurs.

Now I'm afraid of birds. Thanks. :angry:

Ever see a ticked-off ostrich, uh, dino decendent?

• Like 1

Yep. Just look at this roadrunner I saw and photographed a few years ago right outside my local library. I see them all the time. They are awesome little dinosaurs. My cat is (rightly) afraid of them too.

PS: Damn, your picture size requirements are terrible on this site...I had to shrink this A LOT to allow it to be posted here... 240KB or less?! It's 2018...Even the crappiest cell phone camera makes larger image files than that nowadays.

DSC00032 (2).jpg

• Like 1

Yes, Nice pic.  Did you see Wyle E. Coyote?

I had gotten my Mom a mynah bird for a present.  The bird talked, whistled and said some right things at the wrong time.  My cat and dog had a habit of checking in on the bird.  Well the cat got pecked on the tail since  she liked to rub herself on the cage and the Brittany got pecked on the nose for her trouble.  You may know, but mynah's are sloppy birds.  They like taking baths and make a mess of their cage.  The cages rust-out.  Now what's supposed to happen in giving your mynah a new cage is to put his food and water in the new cage. open the doors to each cage and the bird is supposed to nicely go into his new home.  Well so much for theory.  This bird would not come out of his old cage all day.  I finally had to go in after him.  I wore gloves as I knew I was going to get pecked and scratched.  I didn't want to hold him too tightly as not to hurt him.  All the time he was yelling HELP! Well he wiggled out of my hands and fell on the floor.  For some reason the cat and dog were watching me do this.  As soon as the bird hit the floor the cat and dog sht off in different directions, not wanting anything to do with the bird.

Well this matches very well to some of the existing reality known to many of us, respectively many dinosaur species have never disappeared but evolved into something else. Eg birds today.

I'm wondering actually weather scientist or able to determine our own evolution. Let me guess we are nowhere near the same age as the birds which can of course raise plenty of questions.

Edited by qxcontinuum