Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The cult that is slowly enveloping Northern C

Spamm

So I'm just curious of how many of you out there have heard of Bethel church of redding, CA. If you have any info or interesting inquiries about them I'm happy to hear. 

Welcome to UM Spamm... can you tell us what your CT is supposed to be about please? How is this church supposed to be a cult?

• Like 3

From the looks of it they are very cultish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethel_Church_(Redding,_California)#Bethel_School_of_Supernatural_Ministry

People associated with Bethel, including the pastor, have made many statements about miracles and healing that have taken place at the church, including gold dust appearing in the auditorium [1] and people being brought back from the dead.[12]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oooooo...... tough crowd.

• Like 1

But, as Piney stated, they very much appear to fit into what a reasonable person would consider a "cult", irrespective of the supposed religious foundation.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Just say Christianity and move on.

Apparently not:

"There’s so much nonsense coming out of Redding that I frankly don’t have time to catalogue it all for you.” When I later asked him to elaborate, he said Bethel “constitutes a whole different message from biblical Christianity” that is “totally devoid of any true and consistent proclamation of the gospel.”

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2016/may/cover-story-inside-popular-controversial-bethel-church.html

But they do have a lot of followers and for a church, are doing quite well financially

With an average weekly attendance of 8,684 and a yearly operating budget of over $9 million, the church provides offices and facilities for Bethel’s other ministries.

How much!!!?

Jeeze, all those adverts on tv asking for aid....why do they not just ask this church? 

And here is one of the adverts in the above link

https://www.christianitytoday.org/partner-with-us/

And people fall for all of these scams!!!..that is scary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, pallidin said:

But, as Piney stated, they very much appear to fit into what a reasonable person would consider a "cult", irrespective of the supposed religious foundation.

They just attracted my attention for another reason. I'm digging around on these folks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spamm said:

So I'm just curious of how many of you out there have heard of Bethel church of redding, CA. If you have any info or interesting inquiries about them I'm happy to hear. 

Hi Spamm, welcome to UM. I'm happy to hear your thoughts

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Agreed. I hate nothing more than religious scam artists...

They rape people's monies with their "fluffy" talk. The elderly are especially vulnerable. 

Talk, talk, talk, talk. ZERO results for the persons giving money to them, but a 100% result in those particular church leaders living a lavish lifestyle.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Agreed. I hate nothing more than religious scam artists...

They rape people's monies with their "fluffy" talk. The elderly are especially vulnerable. 

Talk, talk, talk, talk. ZERO results for the persons giving money to them, but a 100% result in those particular church leaders living a lavish lifestyle.

https://bewareofthewolves.blogspot.com/2017/09/global-legacy-all-nations-church.html

• Like 2

JEEZE 

This enables him to share the following messages:

• God is going to pour out blessings onto Bethel Church;
  • The project of museum to the glory of the “Revival Generals” is supported;
  • Bill Johnson has a role of guide;
  • A lot of money needs to be given to Bill Johnson/Bethel Church.

trust Bill

https://bewatchful.org/2016/01/02/spiritualism-or-scam-within-bethel-church-and-the-new-apostolic-reformation/

Here is a bit from the above link, i have cut out the uninteresting parts to cut straight to the point:

Someone in the room raises their voice, but instead of talking to them, Shawn Bolz ignores them and directly talks to Bill Johnson about his father:

Blar blar blar then this:

None of these pieces of information prove that they were revealed to Shawn Bolz. With a quick internet search, one can find out about Bill Johnson’s father and the fact that the family lived in Minnesota. The Swedish roots are not difficult to discover either. And let’s not forget that Shawn Bolz is a close friend of Bill Johnson.

• Like 1

And Piney, my disgust for such types of people is so severe, that full expression would get me in trouble on UM.

All I can express is that I seriously hate religious scam artists and the irrecoverable financial harm they inflict on the one's we love, and everyone.

They...are...b*******...highest level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, pallidin said:

And Piney, my disgust for such types of people is so severe, that full expression would get me in trouble on UM.

:tu:  Me too! 

You don't even want to know what I've done to a couple of local ones......:devil: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

http://www.piratechristian.com/messedupchurch/2018/2/10-reasons-why-bethel-redding-is-a-false-church

I've seen one of the youth pastors before. In a mugshot I think........

We are both finding articles about these scammers and none of our links match. Just shows the warnings are out there, so on that note:

2 hours ago, Spamm said:

Well we have some info above for you.

Why did you want to know, were you considering going along or were you doing some advertising for them?

I do hope you read the links we have shown so far and stay well clear of these scammers.

• Like 3

Spamm? 

Unusual avvi. Wonder if it is? 

Well you are getting nothing positive from us and hope the religious people reading this will see what scammers the cult is.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Hi Spamm, welcome to UM. I'm happy to hear your thoughts

I think Spamm could be....just that. 

• Like 2

And if that weird "church" ever goes "televangelist" I am going to blow even another gasket.

Televangelist's are so scummy that,  >>> watch your words, pallidin <<< I would have no problem doing blah, blah, blah to them.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, pallidin said:

And if that weird "church" ever goes "televangelist" I am going to blow even another gasket.

Televangelist's are so scummy that,  >>> watch your words, pallidin <<< I would have no problem doing blah, blah, blah to them.

It would not surprise me if that is what they are planning.

Maybe they will get someone on here to spam us......oh wait!

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Caspian Hare said:

A church that sells hundred-dollar puppets? Looks weird.

https://brucegerencser.net/2016/02/bethel-redding-dangerous-evangelical-cult/

I think Vintz would give me nightmares.

Have i misunderstood that....$100? Surely that can not be right. :wacko:

Edited by freetoroam

Well, that looks a little creepy. 

And naturally, they got featured on CBN and TBN. 

Pentecostals always seem pretty fringe, but the way they donated money to fund the police and then got this huge project approved...it's just weird.

• 3 weeks later...

A very slow envelopment,  imo,  started in 1954 !

• Thanks 1

Reminds me somewhat of the Brownsville cult that sprang up and spread in the Assembly of God Church a couple decades ago now. 

Nasty stuff and if you never believed in demonic, just sit through one of their revivals and "outpourings" and you will wonder.

That was some of the most freaky ….stuff.... I have ever seen.

Bizarro world and not Christianity, it was all that get rich quick God will bless you with everything you ever wanted garbage.

The servant is NOT greater than the Master. Wonder if any of these names turn up there also. That was bad juju.