Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Raptor Witness

Finally, the truth comes out ... the deadliest natural disaster in over a hundred years sails into the history books.

2,975 lives lost in a territory of the United States, which is a popular tourist destination. Unlike hurricane Katrina, most of Maria’s victims did not drown.

——-___——-_________-_—-__——-

Puerto Rico's new official Hurricane Maria death toll is 46 times higher than the government's previous count - CNN 8-28-2018

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/28/health/puerto-rico-gw-report-excess-deaths/index.html

I had hoped I would be wrong about it, but I knew it would be a much higher number than they were trying to let on. 

The death toll couldn't possibly be so far off by accident.  Unless there are names, I think this is about more Federal dollars.

• Thanks 1

In the San Francisco earthquake of 1906, the casualties equaled about 3,000.

The Galveston hurricane of 1900 had at least 8,000 casualties.

The federal response was best summed up by this video ...

Edited by Raptor Witness

There is a pattern here ....where the poorest citizens are neglected after these disasters.

Edited by Raptor Witness

America’s elite families won’t be spared by the growing chorus of record breaking disasters. 

They too will call the Earth by a new name, “Terra NonFirma,” or “the unstable one.”

On 8/28/2018 at 11:18 PM, and then said:

The death toll couldn't possibly be so far off by accident.  Unless there are names, I think this is about more Federal dollars.

Well, you see the use it is being put to- It's all Trumps fault because he didn't give them enough free stuff.

Can you imagine what they try to pull in October?

We should probably start a betting pool as soon as we can.

8 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Well, you see the use it is being put to- It's all Trumps fault because he didn't give them enough free stuff.

Can you imagine what they try to pull in October?

We should probably start a betting pool as soon as we can.

Kind of like how the Americans in Benghazi died because Clinton/Obama didn't give them free stuff- like support or evacuation. 

I was going to wait till they had a more accurate list of names, but it was pretty obvious that far more died than initially claimed. Sixty four dead? Over three million people and no electricity for a year?  The issues with unrefrigerated food and clean water alone would kill more than that.  I am frankly surprised that we didn't have any major disease outbreaks like cholera.  But hey, the budget and all that.  American lives have a price tag and those 3000 didn't make the cut.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Kind of like how the Americans in Benghazi died because Clinton/Obama didn't give them free stuff- like support or evacuation. 

Riiiiight:rolleyes:

Because sending people into a combat zone because of Politics and then blowing them for for Political reasons is exactly the same thing as a Hurricane.

5 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I was going to wait till they had a more accurate list of names, but it was pretty obvious that far more died than initially claimed. Sixty four dead? Over three million people and no electricity for a year?  The issues with unrefrigerated food and clean water alone would kill more than that.  I am frankly surprised that we didn't have any major disease outbreaks like cholera.  But hey, the budget and all that.  American lives have a price tag and those 3000 didn't make the cut.

All three million had no electricity for a year?

Okay, so you are going to count everyone that died of anything for a year and blame it all on Trump because he's a meanie, like anything else was ever in the cards. :sleepy:

So, exactly how much $$$ was sent?

Exactly how much are you saying should have been spent?

Better yet, why the hell is the US still clinging to a worthless Territory and not granting them indepenedance like we did with Cuba 100 years ago? The people who live there don't even like us at all. 

Eventually, the nations which are lending U.S. their reserves, will be forced to spend these on their own disaster relief.

Our waste byproducts are like a catalyst, more than a tipping point, forcing an equilibrium shift far to the right of where we are now. That’s why recent changes are much faster than anything imagined by most scientists. It’s a landslide, resulting in new winners and losers.

5 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Eventually, the nations which are lending U.S. their reserves, will be forced to spend these on their own disaster relief.

He shoots, he scores! 

Good one, but if any country that has given it's gold reserves to the Federal Reserve bank for safe keeping gets it all back, I'll eat my own shorts. 

And. one classic deserves another -