Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bees swarm NY Times Square hot dog cart

Still Waters

Productivity came to a halt across New York City offices on Tuesday afternoon, as hordes of people eagerly followed the removal of 20,000 bees from a hotdog stand.

The bees had swarmed the hotdog stand, a block south of Times Square, around 1pm.

Thousands watched a Reuters livestream – the stand is located outside the news agency’s New York headquarters – and followed on Twitter as a police officer was called in to remove the bees. With a vacuum cleaner.

A section of the street at the corner of 42nd Street and 7th Avenue was closed as the delicate procedure took place.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/28/bees-new-york-hot-dog-stand-times-square-video

• Like 2

That's a lot of bees! I didn't realize there were a lot of beehives around Times Square. I've seen bees swarm around soda but not hot dogs. It's just good no one was stung. That could have gotten bad quick. Stings are painful and a lot of them aren't a good thing whether your allergic or not.

• Like 2

Just now, susieice said:

That's a lot of bees! I didn't realize there were a lot of beehives around Times Square.

there aren't normally, few bees around street vendors is normal, but that many is very unusual,

• Thanks 1