Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Troops Kill Father & Mother

Hotoke

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stellar

• warden

• Gmac1000

• Fluffybunny

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That has ruined my night

the only thing i can say in defence of the soldiers is if it was a suicide bomber we would be saying the same for those poor soldiers who would be dead no.gif

the only thing i can say in defence of the soldiers is if it was a suicide bomber we would be saying the same for those poor soldiers who would be dead

i thought the same thing. the civilians ignored the stop warnings. the soldiers were being careful

It is ashame that children usually get in the middle of things like this, but I know if I was in a war torn area with my family in the car, I would have stopped immediately at any check point.

I can't blame the soldiers. They were doing their job. Note to self: if soldier needs me to stop at a point. I stop.

It is the drivers fault for losing their life and leaving their children orphaned. When you live in a country where a war is residing, so save your own a$$ and your children you have to obey the ones with the weapons.

It was on the news here, yesterday in fact.

It is a very sad situation. And I feel for the Children. But I also understand the military in deciding to fire. They had tried to get the vehicle to stop by waving their arms and firing several warning shots into the air. The insurgents/terrorist have caused such a paranoia that innocent people are being killed because they are not stopping.

It's only going to get worse I'm afraid. All because one sect of the Sunni Muslims don't want to relinquish the control they had with Saddam.

This is really sad, but if the driver wasn't going to stop at a checkpoint, what else where the soldiers supposed to do?

I read about this yesterday... it's such a terrible thing to happen to these poor kids. sad.gif

We don't know the exact situations, but I really have a hard time swallowing the "they had no other choice" excuse.

Poor children. This is so sad. How could the parent(s) do this to their own children? The statement said there is going to be an investigation, and I was wondering if it has been confirmed if the driver and front passenger were really the parents.

I feel sorry for the soldiers who have to do this also. Obviously they did what they had to do, but one can only imagine the lifetime worth of nightmares that they(and those children) will endure.

It's sad any way you look at it sad.gif

This thing happened in Ireland at a border crossing a few years ago.

some joy ridders would not stop ,the soldiers thought it was the ira or some group like them and opened fire.

I think they killed two or three teenagers,the soldiers faced charges of murder.

But as we are saying in this situation they had plenty warnings from the soldiers and didnt stop ,what else could these soldiers do ,wait to get blown up

Oh well. If I was there, I would've done the same thing. They know they're supposed to stop. You will die before I will, simple as that. Too bad the kids were there to see it.

To bad you say

there are kids now without parents

that is not the fault of the soldiers but i would not say.......TO BAD

It is a horrible situation. I feel bad for everyone involved, especially the children.

To be blunt; with bombers blowing up checkpoints on an all to regular basis, I don't think I could fault the soldiers for doing what they did. It is a very unfortunate situation that could have been avoided.

And no doubt we will be hearing more of these sad stories in the future by the way its going,how sad for all who are there and for those waiting at home for there loved ones no.gif

The statement also said that military officials extended their condolences for this "unfortunate incident" and were investigating.

"unfortunate incident"?!?

You know what?

That is just f---ed up. I hate it when they say something stupid like that. It wasn't "unfortunate" for the US soldiers, was it? They'll probably get some kind of reward. Poor children, though. crying.gif

They'll probably get some kind of reward

No they won't Janiel. Why would you think so?

Elton John put the whole Iraq war in song; although it was written years before, it still comes to mind at times like these:

So sad. So sad. It's a sad, sad, situation...and it's getting more and more absurd.

So sad. So sad. Why can't we talk it over...sorry seems to be the hardest word.

As well Chrissy of Pretenders fame sang:

When you own a big chunk of the bloody third world, the babies just come with the scenery....

War is hell but it is always hardest on the children. We need to remember though that some of these people will strap bombs onto their kids....

....it's just sad...

But it isn't the story that has evoked all of these responses....it is the pictures. Without the pictures it is hard to take it to heart. sad.gif

Well its not unknow, Lt. Cmdr. Scott Lustig of the USS Vincennes, received a commendation medal for his ability to "quickly and precisely complete the firing procedure"- the firing procedure that shot down civilian aircraft Flight 655, killing 290 people. I'd imagine this is the exception no the rule but still.

They'll probably get some kind of reward

No they won't Janiel. Why would you think so?

458048[/snapback]

I dunno, i always hear about someone killing someone and getting something for it. Wether it's a medal or just some beers.

No, it doesn't work that way Janiel.

It is one thing to congratulate each other on avoiding a large attack or keeping an insurgent from setting off a bomb or something similar, but it isn't accepted to celebrate killing another person.

As for getting medals; there are many times where someone will receive a medal for doing something brave and risking his life to save others. Ine example a soldier may have risked his life to stop/shoot a bomber before setting off a bomb. In this kind of a case the medal would be given out for the fact that the soldier risked their life to save others; not because they shot someone.

In this type of case where it was just a horrible accident and the soldiers acted in what they felt at the time was self defence, there would be no medal and I can gaurantee that the soldiers involved are not celebrating or happy about it. Nobody want to kill parents in front of their children. Unfortunately horrible accidents like this can happen in war, which is why I am always talking about using war as only the very last option...

Unfortunately horrible accidents like this can happen in war, which is why I am always talking about using war as only the very last option... 

And I agree...war should only be used as a 'last' option. I understand that many who are not in favor of us being in Iraq to begin with use this as part of their argument; that it wasn't necessary and that war should only be the very last option. While this is not a thread arguing the correctness of the war, I just wanted to point out once again that Sadaam Hussein used every trick in the book to keep us guessing....he bluffed until the end and it was his bluffing that lead us to the gates of Bagdad....in the Presidents opinion and in my opinion as well, going into Iraq was the last option. Sadaam Hussein thumbed his nose at every other option available.

That being said, it is just so unfortunate and one has to wonder exactly why those people didn't stop. Was it because they were confused as to who the good guys are vs. who the bad guys are? Did they think US sodiers were insurgents or some other 'enemy'? hmm.gif

Do you think that a suicide bomber would bring his wife and kids to blow himself up? could they not of shot the tires instead of the parents? did they even find a bomb? do you think they really care?

You will tell yourselves anything to help you sleep at night and to justify human error. Not only is this story sad but so are your excuses, you should be ashamed of yourselves no.gif

Do you think that a suicide bomber would bring his wife and kids to blow himself up?

Do you think the soldiers saw who was in the car?

could they not of shot the tires instead of the parents?

Do you think a blown tire would stop a car from blowing up?

You will tell yourselves anything to help you sleep at night and to justify human error. Not only is this story sad but so are your excuses, you should be ashamed of yourselves

YOU should be ashamed of YOURSELF. Its easy being an armchair soldier, playing soldier on the computer... you think you know what the soldiers in Iraq are going through...

Do you think that a suicide bomber would bring his wife and kids to blow himself up?

Do you think the soldiers saw who was in the car?

could they not of shot the tires instead of the parents?

Do you think a blown tire would stop a car from blowing up?

You will tell yourselves anything to help you sleep at night and to justify human error. Not only is this story sad but so are your excuses, you should be ashamed of yourselves

YOU should be ashamed of YOURSELF. Its easy being an armchair soldier, playing soldier on the computer... you think you know what the soldiers in Iraq are going through...

458301[/snapback]

Why don't you join up oh patriotic one and let me know how it is, if you like it I'll come join you, you seem to want to help your country out so bad.

And Ive been in the army and in a real war hence the bitterness,

and you don't have to tell me about sitting at a computer, I read you posts all the time, so you would know all about being an "Armchair soldier?"

And how come you don't have your country listed? don't want anyone to know your a famous, fun-loving American, how big of you

Edited by Gmac1000

Why don't you join up oh patriotic one and let me know how it is, if you like it I'll come join you, you seem to want to help your country out so bad.

I am joining up. Infact, I just finished saying "Yes, I'll join" to the recruiter.

And Ive been in the army and in a real war hence the bitterness,

Really, which war? Which war were you in, and were you under the constant thread of a carbomb being driven into you and exploding?

And how come you don't have your country listed? don't want anyone to know your a famous, fun-loving American, how big of you

Im not american, and so what if I dont have my county listed? I didnt even notice I didnt write it down, but I've freely said that I'm canadian.