Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have my PS4 been hacked?

'Walt' E. Kurtz

To make a long story short, This week i received threats from one of my gaming friends which i took seriously. He was threatening me to shut down my internet connection and i then decided to block him which i had planned to do soon anyway one of the reasons is that he had told me that he was a hacker and modder and laughed about stealing peoples ps4 accounts plus the threats. Fast forward to yesterday and my game started to crash on me on several strange occasions for instance like everytime when i tried to get the mg40 from the mystery box, I have also received weird invitations from players that are not on my friend list when i set the game for not to be able to receive game invitations from other people than in my friends list and the game has also been slower.  I haven't yet reported him to the authorities or sony playstation What do you guys think i should do? , Am i hacked?

Edited by Avalanche

hypothetically it is possible to ddos someone and slow connection down. I highly doubt though on ps4 someone would be able to, considering that the PS4 doesn't have an script enabler or an IP Tracker. Now if the Playstation is Jail breaked that is another story. If you really do feel like someone is ddos you and doing whatever just factory reset it the playstation 4. Usually factory reseting the PS4 works. 

• Like 2

@Avalanche, from what you’ve written, I don’t think you’ve been hacked.

They could have just tried to spam you with requests from random accounts too.

Is there anything to suggest they’ve actually gained access to your account? What you’ve written so far suggests, no.

I don't think you've been hacked but you could block him and at the very least change your PSN password for security. 

• Like 1

I'm kinda paranoid with this sorta thing with phones and computers, had a few issues. I'd back up my saved data and reset my PS4 just to be safe, then watch who you accept invites from. Maybe change my IP address as well.

Probably overkill :D

• Like 1

I did invest in a good vpn service  on my comp. What makes me paranoid is that i also got A threat on facebook. All these threats just because i played ww2 zombies with another mate of mine. This guy is clearly psychotic. Will factory reset my ps4. And I did block the clown.

Many thanks Avalanche the paranoid android.

Edited by Avalanche
  • Like 1