Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO videos from Scotland

johncbdg

3 hours ago, johncbdg said:

[snip] it could be anything flying up there [snip]...

^And that's the point. It could be anything that's flying up there.

Thing is (and I certainly don't mean to offend) but posting too many wobbly video's concerning just about any object that you or others capture certainly starts to lose it's appeal after a while. It's what's called 'over kill' where people begin to get tired of it.

It really doesn't matter to me what you post... as it's not affecting my life personally...and I always have a choice as to comment or ignore it if I wish to.

Iv'e always believed tho, that 'quality' over 'quantity' is what really matters the most.

Maybe try and pull back somewhat on the endless array of wobbly blurry stuff, and concentrate more on something of value that's really worth discussing / debating as far as your UFO's in video's are concerned....just sayin!...:-*

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can't help but notice how often the "I'm being bullied" or (in this case) "You're getting angry/upset" cards get pulled out.

I too, am certainly not angry or upset - I just get tired of the seemingly endless number of people who won't listen or learn, and those who seem (almost deliberately..?!) to think that best way to promote their belief is by:
- using the worst quality recording equipment
- not bothering to even improve their techniques (eg wobbly hand-holding, overuse of telephoto, or horrendous digital zoom)
- dismissing explanations with nothing but handwaves
- spamming for hits on Youtube

Given air traffic nowadays, it's dead easy to post low quality ufo videos.  And I think I am speaking for many here when I say We are HEARTILY SICK OF IT.  I cannot remember when I saw one that was worthy of more than a few seconds time....

Anyway, Astra, your post:

1 hour ago, Astra. said:

It's what's called 'over kill' where people begin to get tired of it.

.. made me smile as it gave me the opportunity to post a music video of one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite artists (Colin Hay of Men At Work fame):

It even includes *fabulous* (compared to what is being posted by the OP) footage of a number of UFOs!!

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/4/2018 at 3:56 AM, johncbdg said:

We are looking for a good Drone one like that one in the video one with navigation lights and it moves fast so we can search the other side of the hills without walking to top.lazy it is but much better,and there have been a few good big cat sightings in that area and other areas we have set up trail Cams but a Drone would be a good Cam to have if we come across a big cat then we could take a close look at it without being eaten lol.. 

Make sure you buy one that takes shaky footage like all of the crappy videos you post.

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2018 at 1:18 PM, johncbdg said:

Its not a bird,we know this and we know what that area is like three miles from there we  filmed a drone is this a drone we all can buy i have looked online for this drone if you or any one can name it and let us know where we can buy it,the it would be appreciated

You don't know if it is a bird or not in the original photo. This video has no bearing on the photograph. This video is as crappy as all of the other junk you post.

7 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

I can't help but notice how often the "I'm being bullied" or (in this case) "You're getting angry/upset" cards get pulled out.

I too, am certainly not angry or upset - I just get tired of the seemingly endless number of people who won't listen or learn, and those who seem (almost deliberately..?!) to think that best way to promote their belief is by:
- using the worst quality recording equipment
- not bothering to even improve their techniques (eg wobbly hand-holding, overuse of telephoto, or horrendous digital zoom)
- dismissing explanations with nothing but handwaves
- spamming for hits on Youtube

Given air traffic nowadays, it's dead easy to post low quality ufo videos.  And I think I am speaking for many here when I say We are HEARTILY SICK OF IT.  I cannot remember when I saw one that was worthy of more than a few seconds time....

Anyway, Astra, your post:

.. made me smile as it gave me the opportunity to post a music video of one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite artists (Colin Hay of Men At Work fame):

It even includes *fabulous* (compared to what is being posted by the OP) footage of a number of UFOs!!

Hey thanks for posting and keeping thread going kids,we shall start another soon about more ufos from midlothian Scotland..

14 hours ago, johncbdg said:

Nothing like that we do night watch and try our best to catch the object it could be anything flying up there one of the best was the ufo sunday 6 May 2007 around 8.30pm Dumfries and Galloway area, this ufobject disappeared in to cloud.this could have been what people where reporting it was a going ufo flap in the local news paper etc so we went into the area and watched the skies and got this ufo..

This footage looks like the moon or something through clouds. It definitely looks round, and just obscured by cloud of different density. 

It looks stationary. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Timothy said:

This footage looks like the moon or something through clouds. It definitely looks round, and just obscured by cloud of different density. 

It looks stationary. 

We have had a moon video before. Same shaking going on. 

I think he thinks he can fool us, but i am going to give him the benefit of the doubt for this really bad video work and say he had the shakes. 

6 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

We have had a moon video before. Same shaking going on. 

I think he thinks he can fool us, but i am going to give him the benefit of the doubt for this really bad video work and say he had the shakes. 

It’s hard, especially with no frame of reference. 

52 minutes ago, Timothy said:

It looks stationary. 

I wish I could say the same thing for the camera.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, johncbdg said:

Hey thanks for posting and keeping thread going kids,we shall start another soon about more ufos from midlothian Scotland..

Well if you insist john. But hows about trying to invest in a good stable tripod first.

9 hours ago, Astra. said:

Well if you insist john. But hows about trying to invest in a good stable tripod first.

Well we got them,but i find it much better when out walking just to walk without one i mean we are having a good time and enjoy every min of what we are doing so hand held we find best,but you think that is my footage..

10 hours ago, Timothy said:

It looks stationary. 

Tim do you think its the Moon well that is why you need to get out and about after dark have a good look up there,i just hope you are not going down that road like a few others on this thread my cam is better than yours or i have a bigger one than you no you have not,so lets stay clear of all that rubbish but its not the Moon we know that sorry you can think of some thing else then we will listen and if we ruled it out then we will say we have just as i said its not da moon.

• Confused 1

Just now, Dejarma said:

what piece of footage are you referring to? 

EH i think they where referring to last video posted what do you think.............

52 minutes ago, johncbdg said:

EH i think they where referring to last video posted what do you think.............

Dumfries and Galloway area? the one where you say:

so we went into the area and watched the skies and got this ufo..

<got this ufo> meaning you filmed it?

12 hours ago, Astra. said:

I think I'd argue more for a good camera before the tripod.. and there are 'tripods' everywhere you look... read on!

You're exactly right that holding the camera still is THE big one, probably.  If you can't do that, then most if not all of your footage will not only be of very low resolvability, but it will annoy the hell out of viewers and make you look like an idiot..

What gets me is that, like I said, tripods (or rather things to hold your camera/hand steady) are EVERYWHERE.  Your car's roof or bonnet/hood, a half wound down window frame, a fence post, the wall of a building, a tree, your knee when you sit on the ground... do I really have to continue?  You just need to press the camera (or your hand) against that steady object.  It's dead easy, and I'll bet that within seconds you can find something suitable.

Further to that, if your camera has a viewfinder (and most decent cameras I would recommend for this, do), even just jamming it into your face will help dramatically...

Steadying the camera is really such a simple thing to do - and the fact that john and other similar ufo promoters still do not use these techniques despite being told over and over... well, it's almost like they want their footage to be bad - after all, being able to actually recognise the object is not what they want......

Other than that, I'd also suggest NEVER use digital zoom, and always zoom back to include the background for some of your footage.  Look for a night landscape or Infinity/manual focus setting, as that will help the camera to stay in focus.

Oh, and *keep* filming.  It's VERY suspicious if your footage ends quickly, with the item still in shot (- is that because the airplane turned on it's landing lights and came into land...?)......

As I said, I will soon post a thread on the topic of photographic tips for lousy cameras, and it will include all that and lots more, and offer some recommendations as to better cameras to buy.  And if you are broke, for chrissake just join your nearest astronomy club - it's probably free and you'll get to see what real researchers use.  And also find out why those with high quality equipment almost never report 'UFO's

- they identify them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

I think I'd argue more for a good camera before the tripod.. and there are 'tripods' everywhere you look... read on!

Of course..

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

You're exactly right that holding the camera still is THE big one, probably.  If you can't do that, then most if not all of your footage will not only be of very low resolvability, but it will annoy the hell out of viewers and make you look like an idiot..

What gets me is that, like I said, tripods (or rather things to hold your camera/hand steady) are EVERYWHERE.  Your car's roof or bonnet/hood, a half wound down window frame, a fence post, the wall of a building, a tree, your knee when you sit on the ground... do I really have to continue? 

Nope, but you did anyway :D

Seriously ChrLzs, I couldn't care less if john stuck the camera between his teeth to steady it. 

He'll do whatever he wants to do...so no point in wasting your breath.

You can only lead a horse to water...

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

You just need to press the camera (or your hand) against that steady object.  It's dead easy, and I'll bet that within seconds you can find something suitable.

Further to that, if your camera has a viewfinder (and most decent cameras I would recommend for this, do), even just jamming it into your face will help dramatically...

Steadying the camera is really such a simple thing to do - and the fact that john and other similar ufo promoters still do not use these techniques despite being told over and over... well, it's almost like they want their footage to be bad - after all, being able to actually recognise the object is not what they want......

Other than that, I'd also suggest NEVER use digital zoom, and always zoom back to include the background for some of your footage.  Look for a night landscape or Infinity/manual focus setting, as that will help the camera to stay in focus.

Oh, and *keep* filming.  It's VERY suspicious if your footage ends quickly, with the item still in shot (- is that because the airplane turned on it's landing lights and came into land...?)......

Agree..

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

As I said, I will soon post a thread on the topic of photographic tips for lousy cameras, and it will include all that and lots more, and offer some recommendations as to better cameras to buy.  And if you are broke, for chrissake just join your nearest astronomy club - it's probably free and you'll get to see what real researchers use.  And also find out why those with high quality equipment almost never report 'UFO's

- they identify them.

:tu:

5 hours ago, johncbdg said:

Tim do you think its the Moon well that is why you need to get out and about after dark have a good look up there,i just hope you are not going down that road like a few others on this thread my cam is better than yours or i have a bigger one than you no you have not,so lets stay clear of all that rubbish but its not the Moon we know that sorry you can think of some thing else then we will listen and if we ruled it out then we will say we have just as i said its not da moon.

I actually have a fire pit in the backyard and regularly stargaze. Yep it looks like the moon.

Nothing to do with ‘mine’s bigger than yours’.

https://m.accuweather.com/en/au/melbourne/26216/astronomy-weather/26216 

Looking good for tonight. And you’d be surprised what we can see, even with a bit of light pollution.

• Like 1

{{johncbdg}}Tim do you think its the Moon well that is why you need to get out ...
No, actually, Timothy has proven his abilities over time at this forum.  He knows his stuff.  Having said that, unless we know more about the nature of the footage, in particular whether it was out of focus / overexposed, and what zoom/focal length was in use, then being sure it was the Moon rather than Venus or a face on aircraft or something else altogether would be difficult.

{{johncbdg}}i just hope you are not going down that road like a few others on this thread my cam is better than yours or i have a bigger one than you
?????  So... you don't think having a better camera would be a good thing, and would rather turn this into jealousy?  How old are you?

{{johncbdg}}no you have not
Then tell us about your system, although before you get started, read the rest of this post.

{{johncbdg}}so lets stay clear of all that rubbish but its not the Moon we know that
Really?  Perhaps you are right.. but perhaps you are not.  I think it's now time for you to prove your knowledge - instead of just telling us that you know better.. PROVE IT.

So here's my simple challenge (- if you think any of it is unfair, please point out why):
1. Pick your best footage, preferably footage that *you* have taken (so we can ask questions).  If it's something you already posted, feel free to just post a link.
2. Tell us all about it.
That would include When (date and time) Where (roughly is fine) What (what brand/model camera or cameras* and other optical gear was used) and How, in other words what settings/techniques were used (especially zoom/focal length or digital zoom (yuck) settings).  You also need to let us know if any post-processing was done.

I don't think that is an unreasonable request, and you will of course know all that information if you are serious about this...  And you will get a comprehensive analysis, that you can either take on board, or if you know your stuff, criticise.

Now I think I'm being pretty kind, by asking *you* to nominate what you think is your best unexplainable footage.  (Oh, btw, if you don't want to take up the offer, then I'll pick the footage and do it anyway....) :D 

Anyway, I think it's time that we got to the bottom of at least one of these videos, and see if they are worthwhile.  It would be good if you joined in, john, and surely it will be a great opportunity for you and your team to show us your expertise.

* I said camera or cameraS, as I can't help noticing that some of this appears to be second/third-gen imagery, perhaps filmed off an LCD display or through a viewfinder.  I hope that is *not* the case....

On 5.9.2018 at 9:01 PM, johncbdg said:

blahblah ... one of the best was the ufo sunday 6 May 2007 around 8.30pm Dumfries and Galloway area ... blahblahblah ..

So, at least, more than 11 years of "practice" and still struggling with focus settings? And no idea for what a tripod is for? Hooray!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Oh @ChrLzs, I have some super amateur footage I filmed, I think from one of the blood moons last year. With a tripod. 

Just with a Panasonic 1080p video camera, not expensive. In and out of focus through clouds if I remember correctly. Only 10x optical zoom maybe. 

Anyways, I’ll upload a short clip to YouTube and post. You’ll get to see a real a 1st time amateur clip!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

Oh @ChrLzs, I have some super amateur footage I filmed, I think from one of the blood moons last year. With a tripod. 

Just with a Panasonic 1080p video camera, not expensive. In and out of focus through clouds if I remember correctly. Only 10x optical zoom maybe. 

Anyways, I’ll upload a short clip to YouTube and post. You’ll get to see a real a 1st time amateur clip!

You know Tim i love all this am sure i took some pictures of that blood moon from last year.........my picture was to big to upload i will try again.......but here you go not the blood moon but its the moon but hey for a amateur its crap eh

DSCN6265 (2).JPG

8 hours ago, Timothy said:

I actually have a fire pit in the backyard and regularly stargaze. Yep it looks like the moon.

Nothing to do with ‘mine’s bigger than yours’.

https://m.accuweather.com/en/au/melbourne/26216/astronomy-weather/26216 

Looking good for tonight. And you’d be surprised what we can see, even with a bit of light pollution.

When i can i go out and into the hills south of me where you can not see your hand in front of your face and the skies are amazing just wish i could see the night skies where you come from or where you say you come from the Southern Hemisphere many more stars to see,,,,....................But again its not da moon now here is the tool that will tell you that the moon was not in sight on time and date..............https://stellarium.org/

Edited by johncbdg

12 hours ago, johncbdg said:

You know Tim i love all this am sure i took some pictures of that blood moon from last year.........my picture was to big to upload i will try again.......but here you go not the blood moon but its the moon but hey for a amateur its crap eh

Would be interested to see your pictures. Just  compress them and upload. We’ll still be able to see the quality you achieved, even if it’s just uploaded as a compressed jpeg or something...

And no, I don’t think that photo is crap. I’d be stoked if I had the equipment to take that photo. Where are you even coming from?

12 hours ago, johncbdg said:

When i can i go out and into the hills south of me where you can not see your hand in front of your face and the skies are amazing just wish i could see the night skies where you come from or where you say you come from the Southern Hemisphere many more stars to see,,,,....................But again its not da moon now here is the tool that will tell you that the moon was not in sight on time and date..............https://stellarium.org/

Yes I’m currently in Melbourne, and yes, there are a lot of remote and dark areas even just in Victoria. Lucky to be able to drive a few hours and have some amazing and relatively untouched nature. 

But I’m sorry, I would not trust for a second that the date stamps etc. on the videos you post are accurate. 

8 hours ago, Timothy said:

Would be interested to see your pictures. Just  compress them and upload. We’ll still be able to see the quality you achieved, even if it’s just uploaded as a compressed jpeg or something...

And no, I don’t think that photo is crap. I’d be stoked if I had the equipment to take that photo. Where are you even coming from?

Yes I’m currently in Melbourne, and yes, there are a lot of remote and dark areas even just in Victoria. Lucky to be able to drive a few hours and have some amazing and relatively untouched nature. 

But I’m sorry, I would not trust for a second that the date stamps etc. on the videos you post are accurate. 

Tim i see you follow my path trying to work out if i am faking things on videos i would never do that i research ufos etc and what i am doing right now is researching the ufo sightings and Cattle and animal mutilations this is my first year of three,as for date stamp not being accurate then you are day dreaming as they are correct,but that is what we find some one like you who says its some thing it is not and keep going on about it then we throw up a link that shows they are wrong then they always turn to some thing on the video like you and then to save a red face you now saying date stamp wrong i can only LOL at you do you think we just take videos and say thats a ufo come on Tim,anyways that Moon picture was one of my first i have better how about you upload your own pictures of the Moon...

Edited by johncbdg

• The title was changed to UFO videos from Scotland