Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO videos from Scotland

johncbdg

The black is an interesting effect in the image. My guess is that it is hair or other piece of material blocking the image. It might have directly on the lens.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stereologist said:

The black is an interesting effect in the image. My guess is that it is hair or other piece of material blocking the image. It might have directly on the lens.

If i said it was some thing then like you it would only be a guess as i do not know what it was, i took pictures before and after this one with nothing on it,now if i take a Astrophotography picture with a Satellite going over  then you would see a straight white line,I can see no hair or anything blocking image my own guess is what ever that was that showed up in one picture only had to be moving very fast as i was set at 120 fps and as you can see the object was not going in a straight line, i do hope there are more pictures taken of the night sky by some one else 120 fps that looks like this one, if any one can find a picture of the night sky and taken at 120 fps could they post it up so we can view it,could this have been asteroid?i am not saying i know what this object was its only a guess

1 minute ago, johncbdg said:

If i said it was some thing then like you it would only be a guess as i do not know what it was, i took pictures before and after this one with nothing on them,now if i take a Astrophotography picture with a Satellite going over  then you would see a straight white line,I can see no hair or anything blocking image my own guess is what ever that was that showed up in one picture only, had to be moving very fast as i was set at 120 fps and as you can see the object was not going in a straight line, i do hope there are more pictures taken of the night sky by some one else at 120 fps that looks like this one, if any one can find a picture of the night sky and it was taken at 120 fps could they post it up so we can view it,could this have been asteroid?i am not saying i know what this object was its only a guess

Edited by johncbdg

5bc84380dea6b_CJohnGillies14Oct2018(3).JPG.b83a88ae15b08c382f805df59a19d1fd.JPG

7 minutes ago, johncbdg said:

Not sure what this object was any one know..............

Edited by johncbdg

3 hours ago, johncbdg said:

If i said it was some thing then like you it would only be a guess as i do not know what it was, i took pictures before and after this one with nothing on it,now if i take a Astrophotography picture with a Satellite going over  then you would see a straight white line,I can see no hair or anything blocking image my own guess is what ever that was that showed up in one picture only had to be moving very fast as i was set at 120 fps and as you can see the object was not going in a straight line, i do hope there are more pictures taken of the night sky by some one else 120 fps that looks like this one, if any one can find a picture of the night sky and taken at 120 fps could they post it up so we can view it,could this have been asteroid?i am not saying i know what this object was its only a guess

The idea that it is something moving fast is unsupported. Bad guess. It is something on the lens. The stars and light in the background are blocked. A moving object would not have blocked the starlight across the image. Therefore it is on the lens. It is stationary relative to the lens.

6 hours ago, johncbdg said:

5bc84380dea6b_CJohnGillies14Oct2018(3).JPG.b83a88ae15b08c382f805df59a19d1fd.JPG

As Stereologist says above the dark line is not caused by a small object moving through the shot. It could only cover part of the image at any one time during capture. This would cause a small local dimming which might not be noticeable in this type of night sky image. It would have to be a solid object blocking out light and in a fixed position relative to the camera view. Where it is (distance) relative to the camera is hard to say except it is apparently in focus, which would suggest it is not on the lens itself.

I think you might be getting confused by shutter speed's and frames per sec as this shot used a 1/25 sec exposure allowing a maximum 25 fps if the data in the 'exif' file is correct.

5bc84380dea6b_CJohnGillies14Oct2018(3)..jpg

• Like 2

This might be a piece of debris that is on the sensor itself. Then there might not be a focus issue. Thanks for bringing that up L.A.T.1961.

7 hours ago, stereologist said:

The idea that it is something moving fast is unsupported. Bad guess. It is something on the lens. The stars and light in the background are blocked. A moving object would not have blocked the starlight across the image. Therefore it is on the lens. It is stationary relative to the lens.

:yes:

I bet there is no other board on this planet where such bad material in discussed in such a huge extent. And I think we have one member here who suffer a tripod allergy and/or tripod phobia.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

As Stereologist says above the dark line is not caused by a small object moving through the shot. It could only cover part of the image at any one time during capture. This would cause a small local dimming which might not be noticeable in this type of night sky image. It would have to be a solid object blocking out light and in a fixed position relative to the camera view. Where it is (distance) relative to the camera is hard to say except it is apparently in focus, which would suggest it is not on the lens itself.

I think you might be getting confused by shutter speed's and frames per sec as this shot used a 1/25 sec exposure allowing a maximum 25 fps if the data in the 'exif' file is correct.

You are correct on the exposure of the picture,it is set at 120 fps on video and it is the ISO Speed that is set at ISO-3200 for pictures..

28 minutes ago, johncbdg said:

You are correct on the exposure of the picture,it is set at 120 fps on video and it is the ISO Speed that is set at ISO-3200 for pictures..

Any chance of seeing the full video then, rather than one frame?   And what made you take the video?  

12 hours ago, Essan said:

Any chance of seeing the full video then, rather than one frame?   And what made you take the video?  

I was taken video at 120 fps but not video of night sky as it is way to dark for me to film anything at 120fps, i filmed a bird in daylight and it moved very slow it was just to see how slow everything was moving i did a few videos as the sun started to set but not of night sky, i then started to take pictures of night sky,and when i first looked at the pictures i thought was looking at orbs lol 

here is a picture

DSCN0277 (9).JPG

Edited by johncbdg

13 hours ago, toast said:

I bet there is no other board on this planet where such bad material in discussed in such a huge extent. And I think we have one member here who suffer a tripod allergy and/or tripod phobia.

According to john Scotland is teaming with UFO's,  i reckon if he got himself a tripot they would be gone in  a flash. (Pun intented). 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

According to john Scotland is teaming with UFO's,  i reckon if he got himself a tripot they would be gone in  a flash. (Pun intented). 

Not according to me i think you been reading the wrong book, where i have no book for you to read but when its ready it will be full of real ufo pictures and real ufo stories from real people and every story and picture will have its own credits and copyright to the person supplying pictures and there own close ufo encounters or abduction any anonymous  need to apply........

There are to many ufo etc books going around nowadays filled with to many anonymous people who tell there stories but want there name kept secret from fear of what?

I just think it is only fair if people want there name in the book with there pictures then a share of the profit must go to them i do not read books of ufo  encounters or abduction if the person or persons they want to remain anonymous you know any one can write a ufo book and say we have changed there names to tom dick and harry as they want to remain anonymous what a joke and i LOL at that.....

So you understand i have not said that maybe some one else has but not me...........

17 hours ago, toast said:

But it was  stated i am going use a tripod if you had read the post then you would have seen that but nope,but also i know i can take much better pictures than those then what?

I was taken video at 120 fps but not video of night sky as it is way to dark for me to film anything at 120fps, i filmed a bird in daylight and it moved very slow it was just to see how slow everything was moving i did a few videos as the sun started to set but not of night sky, i then started to take pictures of night sky,and when i first looked at the pictures i thought was looking at orbs lol 

here is a picture i do hope to take much better pictures if clear skies tonight then i will take many more................

DSCN0277 (9).JPG

Oh boy he is writing a book! 

19 minutes ago, johncbdg said:

where i have no book for you to read but when its ready it will be full of real ufo pictures and real ufo stories from real people

For real? :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Oh boy he is writing a book! 

For real? :rolleyes:

As real as it gets about UFOs but it is not me that is writing a book lol,but it will be all new i just find with ufo books they all head back to the same old stories with claims they fond some thing new in the uk we get the same old ufo story over and over it is becoming boring....

Edited by johncbdg

4 hours ago, johncbdg said:

But it was  stated i am going use a tripod if you had read the post then you would have seen that but nope,but also i know i can take much better pictures than those then what?

You promised to use a tripod weeks ago already. Meanwhile you stated that you will start with Deep Sky photography (lol). What you have posted here is bad, really bad and its annoying as well. With a tripod, a DSLR and little knowledge, nice images can be taken even by bloody starters like you. But no, you continue to produce crap, piles of it. What is yr f*'&ing problem?

Edited by toast
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, johncbdg said:

I just think it is only fair if people want there name in the book with there pictures then a share of the profit must go to them

but it is not me that is writing a book

So someone is producing another book about UFO's and you believe it will be different from all the others.

Who are you playing the puppet for? Is this book going to be full of your pictures with your name attributed to them in the hope you will profit from them?

Do not waste your time, i will give you 5p myself, thats more than your pictures are worth so take it while you got a chance. 

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

So someone is producing another book about UFO's and you believe it will be different from all the others.

Who are you playing the puppet for? Is this book going to be full of your pictures with your name attributed to them in the hope you will profit from them?

Do not waste your time, i will give you 5p myself, thats more than your pictures are worth so take it while you got a chance. 

You see you still talking about some one else me i  believe ufos pictures and videos should be free to view for everyone not just you or me but you do get some clowns post silly messages in hope others will talk to them ufos are free view click the video and see..

On 10/18/2018 at 4:29 PM, L.A.T.1961 said:

Got every thing set just hope for clear skies....

15 minutes ago, johncbdg said:

You see you still talking about some one else me i  believe ufos pictures and videos should be free to view for everyone not just you or me but you do get some clowns post silly messages in hope others will talk to them ufos are free view click the video and see..

What are you on about? They are free to view, .you and me are part of the "everyone" who can view them.

41 minutes ago, johncbdg said:

Got every thing set just hope for clear skies....

A few tips, use tripod, set focus to infinity, use self timer to trigger shot, try using a few different exposure settings so reduce ISO and increase exposure then change. After you have done for the night look at the results and next time use those settings that produce the better images.

Orionid meteor shower peaks this weekend so you might catch a few of those.