Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO videos from Scotland

johncbdg

8 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

A few tips, use tripod, set focus to infinity, use self timer to trigger shot, try using a few different exposure settings so reduce ISO and increase exposure then change. After you have done for the night look at the results and next time use those settings that produce the better images.

2 important things to add here. 1.) its important to give the equipment 30 to 60 minutes outside that it can adjust to the ambient temperature because focus settings may change when adjusted on a "warm" cam that is taken into the cold.

2.) its my experience that the infinity setting isnt the best setup for night sky photography because it will not deliver the sharpest focus possible. Procedure: start with infinity, take test shots, adjust back from infinity but in very very little steps (<1mm), test and adjust and repeat until the results are perfect.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, toast said:

2 important things to add here. 1.) its important to give the equipment 30 to 60 minutes outside that it can adjust to the ambient temperature because focus settings may change when adjusted on a "warm" cam that is taken into the cold.

2.) its my experience that the infinity setting isnt the best setup for night sky photography because it will not deliver the sharpest focus possible. Procedure: start with infinity, take test shots, adjust back from infinity but in very very little steps (<1mm), test and adjust and repeat until the results are perfect.

I think older camera lenses allowed for IR focus which is slightly different to standard colour balance and could account for the different infinity focus settings.

If you want to be 100% sure with focus one of these helps, although a bit OTT for general applications.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahtinov_mask

As you say lenses will change focus a bit as the lens body will shrink or expand with temp change, an increase if 'f' stop might fix this though. Depends on how desperate you are for photons. :D

6 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

I think older camera lenses allowed for IR focus which is slightly different to standard colour balance and could account for the different infinity focus settings.

If you want to be 100% sure with focus one of these helps, although a bit OTT for general applications.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahtinov_mask

As you say lenses will change focus a bit as the lens body will shrink or expand with temp change, an increase if 'f' stop might fix this though. Depends on how desperate you are for photons. :D

I have a Bathinov mask already but its 22cm in diameter so it does not fit on my Canon lenses :lol:

Interesting objects caught on Tape

You can decide for your self on what these objects where ufos but as i said you decide.

Am not sure about some of these objects so i will say they all are UFOs.....

13 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

A few tips, use tripod, set focus to infinity, use self timer to trigger shot, try using a few different exposure settings so reduce ISO and increase exposure then change. After you have done for the night look at the results and next time use those settings that produce the better images.

Orionid meteor shower peaks this weekend so you might catch a few of those.  

Thanks all taken on board last night was a wash out here but we will go again tonight....

• 2 weeks later...
a huge ufobject enters the Sun there is no dought about that,and other unknown ufos Leaving the Sun they even stop then move off.

UFOs Leaving the Sun then Huge ufo Enters the Sun

3 hours ago, johncbdg said:
a huge ufobject enters the Sun there is no dought about that,and other unknown ufos Leaving the Sun they even stop then move off.

** snipped video **

As if this is real. LOL.  I have solar filters for my binoculars and could see this as can anyone with a solar filter. 

Please find something that is not absolutely ridiculous to post.

Really, that sort of stuff is just ludicrous - why would it be posted on a forum for adults?

Could the OP *not* be aware of NASA's Stereo/Soho, or any of the absolute multitude of solar observatories, both Earth and space-based, that exist around the world, in different countries, run by a wide range of gov't and commercial interests, as well as many amateur ones?  Many of these observatories have live or near-to-live feeds and huge accessible data archives, so the fact that this latest junk was utterly fake should have been obvious to anyone who actually cared about the topic..  Anyone with a genuine interest could start here:

http://legacy-www.swpc.noaa.gov/solar_sites.html

This thread has degenerated into a comedy act - on second thoughts, no, actually it started there, and has gone downhill.   

• Like 3

16 hours ago, johncbdg said:

I want to ask you a serious question, I'm not trying to be offensive or facetious, but, just how many mature adults did you suppose you could fool with that?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

John, seriously, this dreck is just making you and your little club look like a bunch of kids.

Quite apart from my comments above about how a REAL investigator (or group thereof) would verify something near the Sun...

Do you really, honestly understand so little about photography that you can't even recognise lens flare? 

It's the very first thing you would have to learn to deal with when shooting into a bright light source....... and well, the Sun, you know, it's kinda the brightest possible light source there is, even after you whack a filter over it...  And of course, when you *do* whack a filter over it and use an almost certainly misaligned camera and spotting scope....... you *will* get horrible lens flares and reflections / refractions.  (Bad choice of filter, by the way..)

How can you possibly know so little about the subject?  May I suggest you take up tiddlywinks?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

John, seriously, this dreck is just making you and your little club look like a bunch of kids.

Quite apart from my comments above about how a REAL investigator (or group thereof) would verify something near the Sun...

Do you really, honestly understand so little about photography that you can't even recognise lens flare? 

It's the very first thing you would have to learn to deal with when shooting into a bright light source....... and well, the Sun, you know, it's kinda the brightest possible light source there is, even after you whack a filter over it...  And of course, when you *do* whack a filter over it and use an almost certainly misaligned camera and spotting scope....... you *will* get horrible lens flares and reflections / refractions.  (Bad choice of filter, by the way..)

How can you possibly know so little about the subject?  May I suggest you take up tiddlywinks?

Honestly i do not know why you care so much what i post up on this thread you come in with off topic replys but  that only takes the thread to the top of the board each time,now do not get to involved with this thread unless you want this thread to be the best hit thread on site let others express there own views as to what it is thet are looking at do not act like a spokesman or woman few a few in your wee gang in here,

Look the video shows as stated ufos going in and around the sun now if you want to talk about that then so be it lets talk i will fill you in on this footage...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, johncbdg said:

Look the video shows as stated ufos going in and around the sun

No.

The only things that are going in here are your abysmal vids.

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, johncbdg said:

Honestly i do not know why you care so much what i post up on this thread you come in with off topic replys but  that only takes the thread to the top of the board each time,now do not get to involved with this thread unless you want this thread to be the best hit thread on site let others express there own views as to what it is thet are looking at do not act like a spokesman or woman few a few in your wee gang in here,

Look the video shows as stated ufos going in and around the sun now if you want to talk about that then so be it lets talk i will fill you in on this footage...

Are you really so childish that you think "to the top of the board" is important? All it does it brings further embarrassment to you and your group.

ChrLzs comments are also spot on target. In this case he is pointing out how asinine the videos have become. They go from horrible videos to horrible commentary. That's a trend that you can correct, but it seems you do not want to.

Keeping this thread on top of the list reminds us all what a joke these videos are. You seem rather proud of becoming a laughingstock. 

You have the ability to change that by learning from others such as ChrLzs. At this stage I wonder if you are up to the task.

Can we have some civility in here please. The title of the thread is clear enough, if you're not interested in viewing the videos then you have the option not to participate in the thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The title of the thread is UFOs in Scotland yet there are no objects other than the Sun in the latest video.

A lens flare is not an object. Without any objects there certainly cannot be flying objects let alone unidentified flying objects.

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

The title of the thread is UFOs in Scotland yet there are no objects other than the Sun in the latest video.

A lens flare is not an object. Without any objects there certainly cannot be flying objects let alone unidentified flying objects.

That's no excuse for the constant derogatory personal remarks we've been seeing in this thread.

All we are asking for is civility.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

Keeping this thread on top of the list reminds us all what a joke these videos are. 

i think this thread is great because it confirms things for me= it reminds me why i've lost interest in this subject

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

i think this thread is great because it confirms things for me= it reminds me why i've lost interest in this subject

You could be right the UFOs are real that is true 100% there are so many nowadays think the aliens get the blame for anything that is flying that we do not understand,but the  interest in the ufo subject is at a all time high as many now believe they are not demons but think they are going bring in some sort of Divine intervention...  

21 hours ago, Dejarma said:

no it's not

World wide it is book sales as many search for some thing different but who wants ruled all over again with demons...

On 02/11/2018 at 7:35 AM, johncbdg said:

Honestly i do not know why you care so much what i post up on this thread

This is a public forum.  It is dedicated to unraveling REAL mysteries.  When something is not a mystery, it needs to be pointed out.  Also, if you are making bad choices with your equipment and also using it badly.. (and even worse, not listening when many people explain the problems & how to improve) .... well, then I think it's a good thing to have that explained in detail.  Even though it seems wasted on you, others are learning and they can also recognise the same problems in the future and help others thenceforth - knowledge is spread.  Again, I think all that is a good thing.  Is there any part of that you do not understand?

you come in with off topic replys

Off topic?  That your 'UFO's are lens flares or similar imaging defects?  It is blatantly obvious not just to me, but to anyone familiar with this level of amateurish photography.

that only takes the thread to the top of the board each time

????  It sounds like you think that is some sort of badge of honour for you, despite the universal negative responses you are getting? 

now do not get to involved with this thread unless you want this thread to be the best hit thread on site let others express there own views as to what it is thet are looking at do not act like a spokesman or woman few a few in your wee gang in here,

So now the folks who disagree are a 'gang'?  That's truly sad.

Look the video shows as stated ufos going in and around the sun now

No, it clearly doesn't.  Can I ask, very politely -  Is there ANYONE here, reading this thread, who thinks this:

*snip*

is a UFO rather than a lens flare or insect or dust mote?

Obviously further explanation of this will be wasted on John, but is there anyone out there who is even slightly leaning to a UFO?  I'm happy to explain the characteristics that reveal it to be nothing more than a lens flare or worse still, a couple of bugs or dust motes.

John *should* have started by explaining all the *other* 'junk' in that imagery that I have arrowed - the big chunks of fuzzy light...  If he had done so, then the obvious questions would get asked about his setup which is demonstrably and obviously flaring VERY badly.  When that happens, revealing a very poor camera/recording setup, then anything, even a small scratch, or a few specks of dust, or a couple of bugs flying near to the recorder's lens would create the 'UFO's.

if you want to talk about that then so be it lets talk i will fill you in on this footage...

Feel free to 'fill in' the readers (it's not just me), and in doing so, please post a FULL equipment list including brands and model numbers (include the filter/s, which I am presuming is  a 1000nm IR type, AND explain (or post a fully annotated image) your equipment setup and how it was secured and masked, in it's entirety.  By all means, give reasons for your choices.

That way I can show all of the things that were wrong...

Edited by Saru
Screen grab removed due to copyright complaint

• 2 weeks later...

Pictures taken  of object eastcoast berwick law below right  of object i took pix of the red skies from down the east coast and when going over pictures that object shows up..

On 06/11/2018 at 12:53 AM, ChrLzs said:

This is a public forum.  It is dedicated to unraveling REAL mysteries.  When something is not a mystery, it needs to be pointed out.  Also, if you are making bad choices with your equipment and also using it badly.. (and even worse, not listening when many people explain the problems & how to improve) .... well, then I think it's a good thing to have that explained in detail.  Even though it seems wasted on you, others are learning and they can also recognise the same problems in the future and help others thenceforth - knowledge is spread.  Again, I think all that is a good thing.  Is there any part of that you do not understand?

Off topic?  That your 'UFO's are lens flares or similar imaging defects?  It is blatantly obvious not just to me, but to anyone familiar with this level of amateurish photography.

????  It sounds like you think that is some sort of badge of honour for you, despite the universal negative responses you are getting? 

So now the folks who disagree are a 'gang'?  That's truly sad.

No, it clearly doesn't.  Can I ask, very politely -  Is there ANYONE here, reading this thread, who thinks this:

is a UFO rather than a lens flare or insect or dust mote?

Obviously further explanation of this will be wasted on John, but is there anyone out there who is even slightly leaning to a UFO?  I'm happy to explain the characteristics that reveal it to be nothing more than a lens flare or worse still, a couple of bugs or dust motes.

John *should* have started by explaining all the *other* 'junk' in that imagery that I have arrowed - the big chunks of fuzzy light...  If he had done so, then the obvious questions would get asked about his setup which is demonstrably and obviously flaring VERY badly.  When that happens, revealing a very poor camera/recording setup, then anything, even a small scratch, or a few specks of dust, or a couple of bugs flying near to the recorder's lens would create the 'UFO's.

Feel free to 'fill in' the readers (it's not just me), and in doing so, please post a FULL equipment list including brands and model numbers (include the filter/s, which I am presuming is  a 1000nm IR type, AND explain (or post a fully annotated image) your equipment setup and how it was secured and masked, in it's entirety.  By all means, give reasons for your choices.

That way I can show all of the things that were wrong...

You are doing a good job,but how arrogant can you get, i never heard you ask me or even send me a e-mail for you  to use or use some parts of this video posted you do know this is copyright infringement 

https://www.reference.com/government-politics/examples-copyright-infringement-3278c9f43d47e3c0

Now where do we go from here?

• Confused 1

@johncbdg, I know you touched on the copyright stuff in a reply to me as well. In reality, YouTube it pretty flexible. We can take your footage and use parts of it reasonably without issue. No legal ramifications. 

Read up on it if you weren’t aware. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1