Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO videos from Scotland

johncbdg

10 minutes ago, Timothy said:

@johncbdg, I know you touched on the copyright stuff in a reply to me as well. In reality, YouTube it pretty flexible. We can take your footage and use parts of it reasonably without issue. No legal ramifications. 

Read up on it if you weren’t aware. 

Not when its change its tuff as that eh

Since I, along with billions of people, dont believe in aliens/et so this object is not alien based.

Whatever it was, it can be explained logically, by people who knows. I think it a bird, because I can see the beak on the left, wings on top, the body, and legs dangling with a prey clutched in this talons.

3 minutes ago, MissJatti said:

Since I, along with billions of people, dont believe in aliens/et so this object is not alien based.

Whatever it was, it can be explained logically, by people who knows. I think it a bird, because I can see the beak on the left, wings on top, the body, and legs dangling with a prey clutched in this talons.

Well you never know it could be so many things to many people but no one can say for sure so it is classed as it should be a ufo

4 minutes ago, johncbdg said:

Not when its change its tuff as that eh

I don’t understand what that means? 

I didn’t post stabilized versions of your previous footage because you got defensive. So I left it. But I and others are still freely able to. And the couple of objects we were discussing did move on a consistent track when I had a quick look, no turns...

Just now, johncbdg said:

Well you never know it could be so many things to many people but no one can say for sure so it is classed as it should be a ufo

But you always have to sensationalize the most mundane footage. That’s the problem. You’re getting me going again John. :lol:

Just now, Timothy said:

I don’t understand what that means? 

I didn’t post stabilized versions of your previous footage because you got defensive. So I left it. But I and others are still freely able to. And the couple of objects we were discussing did move on a consistent track when I had a quick look, no turns...

the picture has change title and used on read link?

1 minute ago, johncbdg said:

the picture has change title and used on read link?

Sorry, I really do not understand??

Even derivative work based on a copyrighted piece is infringement unless permission is obtained from the copyright owner and i going on the same line as you can not download a youtube video and say your did that as fair uses you still have to ask for permission to take a copy of youtube video or we would end up every ripping videos 

Just now, johncbdg said:

Even derivative work based on a copyrighted piece is infringement unless permission is obtained from the copyright owner and i going on the same line as you can not download a youtube video and say your did that as fair uses you still have to ask for permission to take a copy of youtube video or part of or picture? or we would end up every ripping videos 

@johncbdg, I’m not trying to come across as threatening or anything at all. I just want you to understand how it works. 

From the link you posted in your reply to me: ‘Derivative works can fall under fair use, making them legal without obtaining permission, if the derivative work is different enough from the original that it changes the meaning of the piece.’

That’s one part of it. Fair use has been demonstrated robustly, especially on a platform such as YouTube.

Again, not trying to threaten, just trying to educate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Yep, if I was to stabilize one of your videos and post it on YouTube or elsewhere, it would fall under fair use. That’s what I wanted you to understand. 

Part or all video even pictures from it,so for fair use i can go and rip out any youtube video and take cuts and pictures from it without asking  permission from the copyright owner,so any one can rip any youtube video and use it how come if they are used and get reported to youtube they are asked to be taken down and if not reported as copyright infringement,but we will find out when he gets back as i will send all information on to youtube and they should know when and where it was downloaded to.....

4 minutes ago, Timothy said:

@johncbdg, I’m not trying to come across as threatening or anything at all. I just want you to understand how it works. 

From the link you posted in your reply to me: ‘Derivative works can fall under fair use, making them legal without obtaining permission, if the derivative work is different enough from the original that it changes the meaning of the piece.’

That’s one part of it. Fair use has been demonstrated robustly, especially on a platform such as YouTube.

But you can not rip out videos or take them from DVD with out  permission from the copyright owner

Just now, johncbdg said:

But you can not rip out videos or take them from DVD with out  permission from the copyright owner

So tim we all can rip any video from internet or from dvd cd in shops and use them nope only if you get  permission from the copyright owner

8 minutes ago, Timothy said:

but not with out permission from the copyright owner

The videos you post to your YouTube channel are freely accessible and available on that medium. They can be downloaded, manipulated (reasonably), and uploaded by a third party without legal ramifications.

Again, I obviously respect what you’re doing and why you’re doing it.

Just now, Timothy said:

The videos you post to your YouTube channel are freely accessible and available on that medium. They can be downloaded, manipulated (reasonably), and uploaded by a third party without legal ramifications.

Again, I obviously respect what you’re doing and why you’re doing it.

But to use all or part or a picture you must ask for permission from the copyright owner,or can we go and download films and music etc and use the parts we want without permission from the copyright owner no.

but not with out permission from the copyright owner

No permission is required. Zero. 

If you upload something to YouTube, it can freely be downloaded, manipulated, uploaded again. As long as it is reasonably used. Fair use. 

Fair use is all you need to read up on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Timothy said:

No permission is required. Zero. 

If you upload something to YouTube, it can freely be downloaded, manipulated, uploaded again. As long as it is reasonably used. Fair use. 

Fair use is all you need to read up on.

Shall i just take this up with youtube now

Here is some thing about downloading my own videos from youtube when i am not signed in i can not i could rip them out only so show us how you get a legal youtube video downloaded without permission from the copyright owner

Go ahead, but it will not change anything.

Their mechanism is to have copyrighted videos removed, if the said videos are actually in breach of fair use etc. then they are removed. 

I do not understand what you think you will achieve by contacting YouTube, other than to clarify what I’ve been trying to tell you. 

By all means. Raise it with YouTube directly. Maybe they’ll change their ways.

Pretty sure that they won’t come knocking on my door for downloading any of the videos and channel info that you’ve publicly posted. 

Again, not a threat. I plan to visit your country at some stage and would really be sincerely interested in having a chat and joining your group for a star gazing session, if possible.

1 hour ago, johncbdg said:

Pictures taken  of object eastcoast berwick law below right  of object i took pix of the red skies from down the east coast and when going over pictures that object shows up..

Not sure what this object was