Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO videos from Scotland

johncbdg

2 minutes ago, johncbdg said:

Not sure what this object was 

That is one of the worst clips you’ve posted.

• Like 1

Crazy start to Skywatch helicopter and Big objects going over.this helicopter came over the Skywatch site scary as hell but they said they where looking for a missing man who never returned home scary start but some good objects caught

Just as an aside, isn't it interesting how John's approach is to complain about copyright misuse, rather than address the problems I pointed out.  Even though the screen capture contained no insults or incorrect information and was clearly (to anyone BUT john) for educational use.  Fair use.

John knows that forum owners, quite understandably, will quickly remove anything that is complained about, to avoid the waste of time fighting interjurisdictional issues.

Now I have a Youtube channel as well (not one that is used for anything commercial or hit/ego-chasing), and I'm always delighted when someone posts a screengrab for discussion.  That's what GENUINE researchers do.  That's what GENUINE investigators do.

That's not what John does.  Draw your own conclusions.......

Shortly, I'll be coming back to this thread:

to elaborate on all the things that are wrong with these clips in proper detail.  I'll be providing still images and YT videos, and I'd like to make this very clear - if ANYONE, inc. John, wishes to post, here or anywhere, any screenshot or image, including any reasonable annotations / criticisms, they are 100% welcome to do so, and no childish (and unenforceable) 'copyright' complaints will be made.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, johncbdg said:

Here is some thing about downloading my own videos from youtube when i am not signed in i can not i could rip them out only so show us how you get a legal youtube video downloaded without permission from the copyright owner

Well, I use Internet Download Manager. Cheap, easy to use, good browser integration.

Can download any YouTube video (and most other streaming media) at any quality it’s been uploaded with two clicks of the mouse.

There would be many other programs out there which do the same thing.

3 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Well, I use Internet Download Manager. Cheap, easy to use, good browser integration.

Can download any YouTube video (and most other streaming media) at any quality it’s been uploaded with two clicks of the mouse.

There would be many other programs out there which do the same thing.

Yes i can download any video i want to use and that is great news now we all can use them ....

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Just as an aside, isn't it interesting how John's approach is to complain about copyright misuse, rather than address the problems I pointed out.  Even though the screen capture contained no insults or incorrect information and was clearly (to anyone BUT john) for educational use.  Fair use.

John knows that forum owners, quite understandably, will quickly remove anything that is complained about, to avoid the waste of time fighting interjurisdictional issues.

Now I have a Youtube channel as well (not one that is used for anything commercial or hit/ego-chasing), and I'm always delighted when someone posts a screengrab for discussion.  That's what GENUINE researchers do.  That's what GENUINE investigators do.

That's not what John does.  Draw your own conclusions.......

Shortly, I'll be coming back to this thread:

to elaborate on all the things that are wrong with these clips in proper detail.  I'll be providing still images and YT videos, and I'd like to make this very clear - if ANYONE, inc. John, wishes to post, here or anywhere, any screenshot or image, including any reasonable annotations / criticisms, they are 100% welcome to do so, and no childish (and unenforceable) 'copyright' complaints will be made.

Keep up the good work we got even more videos in fact hundreds to get through..

Just now, johncbdg said:

Keep up the good work we got even more videos in fact hundreds to get through..

Well don’t waste your time here, get them up there mate! (Just pls don’t link them all individually here)

19 & 20 Aug 2012 Objects Heading north & south Midlothian Scotland.night vision

Nightvision Footage from skywatch nights 

5 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Well don’t waste your time here, get them up there mate! (Just pls don’t link them all individually here)

It is good that we all can use any ones videos now we can use footage from anywhere in the  world and no one can stop you i like that am just going start downloading today.......thanks for pointing that out....

Just now, johncbdg said:

It is good that we all can use any ones videos now we can use footage from anywhere in the  world and no one can stop you i like that am just going start downloading today.......thanks for pointing that out....

You can’t just rip and repost someone’s videos. That’s a copyright infringement, unless it’s been posted under Creative Commons and not just the default YouTube copyright.

You really need to read up on fair use John. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Timothy said:

You can’t just rip and repost someone’s videos. That’s a copyright infringement, unless it’s been posted under Creative Commons and not just the default YouTube copyright.

You really need to read up on fair use John. 

I do understand just never new they changed it,now that we can now use any part of video and pictures under Creative Commons then all videos you use all link back to source so it all adds to even more hits on there videos.......

31 minutes ago, johncbdg said:

I do understand just never new they changed it,now that we can now use any part of video and pictures under Creative Commons then all videos you use all link back to source so it all adds to even more hits on there videos.......

It doesn’t make crappy videos any better though. Which is your main problem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 15/11/2018 at 9:15 AM, Timothy said:

It doesn’t make crappy videos any better though. Which is your main problem. 

Do not worry about that Tim you are now sounding like a child repeat repeat repeat,but keep them replys coming keep it on front page...

On 11/3/2018 at 10:20 AM, johncbdg said:

World wide it is book sales as many search for some thing different but who wants ruled all over again with demons...

And half of those books are not worth reading....Given the current state of Ufology overall it does not enjoy the status in once did. People have become disillusioned with it. People tend to ignore things that do not fit into their preconceived ideas. People look to the authority for answers thus leaving themselves wide open for manipulation....

Oh sure Kenneth Arnold's sighting in 1947 laid the ground work...Roswell brought us crashed weather balloons and claims of a military cover up....And we continue to get calls for disclosure mostly from conspiracy theorists who believe they have facts contrary to what we are being told.

The modern UFO era has destroyed itself...As many in the field are unable to separate fact from fiction..Modern TV shows such as MUFONs Hangar One...Many do not know that there was no Hangar One.....Then there is the Ancient Aliens TV program based on a lot of what ifs and is it possible theories which are not evidence of anything. The UFO phenomena is a cultural flop! Predicated on hoaxes, scams the publics need to feed their insatiable appetite for the unknown.

Oh sure book sales are great but a lot of the information in those books are just rehashed theories that keep getting batted back and forth like a tennis ball. Which brings me to videos like the ones your purporting here...you like many others have fallen into that preconceived idea trap believing what you have filmed is actual aliens from another planet or something....

High strangeness creates all sorts of problems...Here's an article that I think sums up the entire state of the UFO phenomena...It first appeared in the book UFOs: Reframing The Debate in 2017. It's written here by Lorin Cutts:

http://highstrangenessshow.com/almost-everything-you-think-you-know-about-flying-saucers-is-wrong/

Edited by Alien Origins
Add something.

10 hours ago, Alien Origins said:

And half of those books are not worth reading....Given the current state of Ufology overall it does not enjoy the status in once did. People have become disillusioned with it. People tend to ignore things that do not fit into their preconceived ideas. People look to the authority for answers thus leaving themselves wide open for manipulation....

Oh sure Kenneth Arnold's sighting in 1947 laid the ground work...Roswell brought us crashed weather balloons and claims of a military cover up....And we continue to get calls for disclosure mostly from conspiracy theorists who believe they have facts contrary to what we are being told.

The modern UFO era has destroyed itself...As many in the field are unable to separate fact from fiction..Modern TV shows such as MUFONs Hangar One...Many do not know that there was no Hangar One.....Then there is the Ancient Aliens TV program based on a lot of what ifs and is it possible theories which are not evidence of anything. The UFO phenomena is a cultural flop! Predicated on hoaxes, scams the publics need to feed their insatiable appetite for the unknown.

Oh sure book sales are great but a lot of the information in those books are just rehashed theories that keep getting batted back and forth like a tennis ball. Which brings me to videos like the ones your purporting here...you like many others have fallen into that preconceived idea trap believing what you have filmed is actual aliens from another planet or something....

High strangeness creates all sorts of problems...Here's an article that I think sums up the entire state of the UFO phenomena...It first appeared in the book UFOs: Reframing The Debate in 2017. It's written here by Lorin Cutts:

http://highstrangenessshow.com/almost-everything-you-think-you-know-about-flying-saucers-is-wrong/

Just as an aside, Alien, what did you think of the Tic Tac UFO video that the US Navy released? Was that a "hoax"?

They had a vid by the USAF be released earlier, too. Another hoax?

41 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Just as an aside, Alien, what did you think of the Tic Tac UFO video that the US Navy released? Was that a "hoax"?

They had a vid by the USAF be released earlier, too. Another hoax?

Do not know if I ever saw that one? You got a link or something? Willing to look at it.

EoT, I suspect you missed the discussions here on these topics.  Those videos were, in both cases, shown to contain normal footage of what normal aircraft look like.

Plus the videos were misrepresented, one of them had nothing to do with the sighting being reported on.

Plus, the major claims (which were not evidenced by either video or radar) came from a pilot with a known reputation for reporting ufo's.

Plus, many errors were contained in the reports offered by deLonge's supposed expert - he was shown to have little understanding of the FLIR equipment in use.  In particular, his complete misunderstanding of how the cameras tracked objects, both in terms of rotation/gymballing, and also the displayed zoom ratio (which was most certainly not the 'actual' zoom) were laughable.  

In summary, the claims were not properly evidenced, and the videos in fact largely contradicted the content of the claims.  Fast maneuvers were shown to be changes in turret camera rotation and other camera tracking effects, and the appearance of the objects was in complete accord with normal civil or military aircraft.  At least one of the videos has now been taken down by deLonge and his 'To The Stars' scammers.

Even the daily Express and the Daily Star tabloids have now dumped on them - just do a search on the following string:

"shock truth UFO picture Nimitz To The Stars Academy"

If you are interested in the technical side and want to look at some analysis of the videos content, start here:

https://www.metabunk.org/nyt-gimbal-video-of-u-s-navy-jet-encounter-with-unknown-object.t9333/#post-216364

And for one of the threads at UM, start here:

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 14/11/2018 at 9:46 PM, johncbdg said:

Shall i just take this up with youtube now

On 18/11/2018 at 2:27 PM, johncbdg said:

Do not worry about that Tim you are now sounding like a child repeat repeat repeat,but keep them replys coming keep it on front page...

For anyone you’re trying to convince that I’m sounding like a child; please read the posts on the previous page (12) of this thread (Or the whole thread, if you have time).

Yes, I may sound like a child at times, but that’s on the back of your seemingly complete incompetence regarding multiple subjects, which you are projecting on this public discussion forum. 

John; I tried to educate you on the way YouTube copyright and fair use works, and you responded by threatening to ‘take it up’ with YouTube (how did that go?).

Following that, you said that you would rip and repost others footage, after I educated you on YouTube Creative Commons (not the best retort).

You suggested I sign up for a £120 / year subscription for something in the UK which has no benefit or use for me (via PM).

Also; you PM’d me that you’ve contacted the owner (owner of what?) and had left a message to see how he wanted to proceed. That was Thursday. How does he want to proceed?

Finally: Lets remember that I have not ever posted any of your (If it is yours? You took offense about us saying it’s your footage earlier in the piece, other threads too) footage anywhere. So what are you trying to achieve? And let’s also remember that anyone can rip footage from YouTube and repost it, as long as they abide by fair use. 

This is an important discussion, and I’m glad that you’re now more aware of how this stuff works than you were. 

• Thanks 1

Here is a not got a clue as to what it is but it looks good///

Some thing moved in the clouds then two faces looking out..

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, johncbdg said:

Here is a not got a clue as to what it is but it looks good///

Some thing moved in the clouds then two faces looking out..

Looks like a white arrow on a red rectangle inside a black rectangle.

jmccr8

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Looks like a white arrow on a red rectangle inside a black rectangle.

jmccr8

Am not sure what is going on there but i must say it looks weird the moon was white bright and when he did a scan of the clouds in front of the moon he said he could see some thing move then going over the footage he could see the devil face and child face looking out........

On 11/18/2018 at 5:15 PM, Alien Origins said:

Do not know if I ever saw that one? You got a link or something? Willing to look at it.

Here's CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/12/politics/unidentified-aircraft-navy/index.html

Washington (CNN)A new purported military video of an unidentified aircraft has been made public, following the Pentagon's acknowledgment last year that it had shelved an initiative devoted to identifying unknown objects in aerospace.

-----------------------------------------

Here's Fox News with the tic tac vid:  https://www.foxnews.com/science/supersonic-tic-tac-ufo-stalked-us-aircraft-carrier-for-days-pentagon-report-reveals

'Supersonic Tic Tac' UFO stalked US aircraft carrier for days, Pentagon report reveals

I wasn't posting here at the time, either, Alien, but I can just imagine the scrambling that took place in these boards by the negatories LOL!  "HALP!!!"

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2018 at 5:17 PM, ChrLzs said:

EoT, I suspect you missed the discussions here on these topics.  Those videos were, in both cases, shown to contain normal footage of what normal aircraft look like.

Plus the videos were misrepresented, one of them had nothing to do with the sighting being reported on.

Plus, the major claims (which were not evidenced by either video or radar) came from a pilot with a known reputation for reporting ufo's.

Plus, many errors were contained in the reports offered by deLonge's supposed expert - he was shown to have little understanding of the FLIR equipment in use.  In particular, his complete misunderstanding of how the cameras tracked objects, both in terms of rotation/gymballing, and also the displayed zoom ratio (which was most certainly not the 'actual' zoom) were laughable.  

In summary, the claims were not properly evidenced, and the videos in fact largely contradicted the content of the claims.  Fast maneuvers were shown to be changes in turret camera rotation and other camera tracking effects, and the appearance of the objects was in complete accord with normal civil or military aircraft.  At least one of the videos has now been taken down by deLonge and his 'To The Stars' scammers.

Even the daily Express and the Daily Star tabloids have now dumped on them - just do a search on the following string:

"shock truth UFO picture Nimitz To The Stars Academy"

If you are interested in the technical side and want to look at some analysis of the videos content, start here:

https://www.metabunk.org/nyt-gimbal-video-of-u-s-navy-jet-encounter-with-unknown-object.t9333/#post-216364

And for one of the threads at UM, start here:

I don't want to get into this with you and here's why:

I listened to the USAF pilot who filmed the first one and who relayed his story - apparently with military approval, to the audience as he did to his family ten years earlier. I am *surely* going to rely more on the man who took the vid than I will anything you have to say, inre, "What the pilot REALLY saw".

Also, I listened to a naval officer of one of the MANY ships that witnessed and filmed the tic-tac UFO (on Coast to Coast). Among the many things he said and the many call-in question he answered, he said, and I quote, "At one point, the sky rained tic tac UFOs", so it was FAR from one unit.

And again, I am most assuredly going to listen the eyewitness who had government blessings to speak, before I listen to a bunch of crying negativist SPIN.

YOU WEREN'T THERE. The eyewitnesses WERE, hundreds of them.