Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO videos from Scotland

johncbdg

10 hours ago, johncbdg said:

Not sure about all that but they are there for all to see unless no forget

That shows clouds moving across the face of the moon.   People have been seeing facing in clouds for millennia.   It is not a UFO!  

As for closing threads down, maybe that is what you are doing?   Shouldnt this be in the fun and games forum?   Posting every day things on poor video and asking people to guess what they are?

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Timothy said:

@Earl.Of.Trumps

I’m giving you and others the opportunity to present what you consider the best evidence of this stuff. Don’t blame me if it doesn’t meet my level of scrutiny.

I don’t want to bicker about this guys. I’m just asking for evidence and giving my opinion on what’s presented. 

Well, a little warning would have helped, Tim.

I get links from CNN and BBC that show a video released by the United States government of a USS Nimitz pilot, Farvor, in an F18 engaging a UFO and " it doesn’t meet my level of scrutiny. ". Really!?

In that case, Tim, there is NOTHING that will ever meet your level of scrutiny. You didn't know that when you asked me for links....?

Like I said long ago, Tim, I don't like to do "go fetch" for an anti ufo-er. And you're a prime example as to why.

We certainly won't bicker, Tim. But in the future, save your energy and don't ask me to fetch any more links. Have a nice day.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Essan said:

Off topic though it be, on the Nimitz "incident" ....

https://www.csicop.org/si/show/navy_pilots_2004_ufo_a_comedy_of_errors

So, a drone from a submarine?

Thanks, Essan, I love this stuff!! LOL. Joe Nickell of the Skeptical Enquirer.

" As it happened, this was Fravor’s “first military assignment as a pilot for the U.S. Navy’s F-18 Super Hornet.” It obviously rattled him. As he was stung by being made fun of on returning to the Nimitz, he “made detailed written notes of the incident” that he mailed to an aunt, noting, “Keep this because this is important stuff about some real X-Files ****” (“Pilot report” 2017). No one was going to tell him he could have been mistaken about his experience—which, after all, appears to have been a series of misunderstandings and misperceptions. "

And there ya go! Joe Nickell is your new guru :--)

So, the United States government declassifies and PROMOTES a UFO video, and according to Joe, it's all over "misunderstandings and misperceptions". :rofl:   LOLOLOL. The silly government. They should have just listened to Joe LOL

I bestow on this man the "Moonbat of the year award".

3 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Well, a little warning would have helped, Tim.

I get links from CNN and BBC that show a video released by the United States government of a USS Nimitz pilot, Farvor, in an F18 engaging a UFO and " it doesn’t meet my level of scrutiny. ". Really!?

In that case, Tim, there is NOTHING that will ever meet your level of scrutiny. You didn't know that when you asked me for links....?

Like I said long ago, Tim, I don't like to do "go fetch" for an anti ufo-er. And you're a prime example as to why.

We certainly won't bicker, Tim. But in the future, save your energy and don't ask me to fetch any more links. Have a nice day.

You said cockpit video. That’s not cockpit video. I’ve seen and discussed those videos, my issue is not with the videos. See why it’s important to cite what you post, then we wouldn’t have had this issue at all.

I haven’t told you my opinion of the videos, or the US government etc. So I’ll disregard those comments.

My issue is with the conclusions and extrapolations made based on very little evidence. And with the very little other evidence available. And with To The Stars Academy, Tom DeLonge, and other people who were pushing this as something much more than what the presented evidence actually showed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Timothy said:

You said cockpit video. That’s not cockpit video. I’ve seen and discussed those videos, my issue is not with the videos. See why it’s important to cite what you post, then we wouldn’t have had this issue at all.

I haven’t told you my opinion of the videos, or the US government etc. So I’ll disregard those comments.

My issue is with the conclusions and extrapolations made based on very little evidence. And with the very little other evidence available. And with To The Stars Academy, Tom DeLonge, and other people who were pushing this as something much more than what the presented evidence actually showed. 

Jeeezus, what link did I give you!?!? Did I screw up??? The vid I *intended* to give you was clearly a cockpit video and the audio was clearly a pilot communicating with ATC (believed to be the USS Princeton). Google "CNN cockpit Nimitz Fravor UFO". You'll get it.

As far as needing other evidences... Again, If US government released vis and testimony from an F-18 super hornet chase pilot don't make it for you, Tim, I simply think the bar you set for compelling evidence is way beyond anything I can give to you. And if you ask me questions that I can't answer, I would not consider that at all evidence that the whole thing is fake. Look at the BIG picture.

Tim, the only way you can get around it is to say that the US government conspired with pilot Fravor to dupe the people of America and a lot of the tuned in world. You promise not to ask me to believe that and I promise not to ask you for your evidence. Are we cool with that?

5 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

@Timothy  CNN "NEW VIDEO SHOWS NAVY PILOT'S ENCOUNTER WITH UFO"

Tim, if you don't see a cockpit video and the above caption on the CNN screen, have your computer exorcised!

And if you want to inform me it's all fake.. save yourself the pixels. Have a good one! :D

It is not cockpit video. That’s what I’m trying to tell you. 

When you said ‘cockpit video’, I thought that there might be additional video taken from within the cockpit of the encounter which I hadn’t seen.

Eg. NOT the FLIR footage taken by instruments on the aircraft which are able to be viewed real-time by the pilots in the cockpit. 

Do you understand what I’m saying? 

• Like 1

@Timothy  Tim, your playing games. You twice had to tell me what it ISN'T but won't surrender what it IS.   "Trix are for kids"

ta ta, Tim

2 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

@Timothy  Tim, your playing games. You twice had to tell me what it ISN'T but won't surrender what it IS.   "Trix are for kids"

ta ta, Tim

I obviously don’t know what it is, besides being interesting footage in itself. You don’t know either. 

But, just for future reference, or anyone else reading this: There are two videos.

One is the 2004 Nimitz FLIR1 ‘Tic Tac’ video.

The other is the GIMBAL video; which as far as I’m aware, from when I last looked into this in more depth, has not been confirmed to be related to the 2004 Nimitz event.

Is this correct @Earl.Of.Trumps

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Timothy said:

The other is the GIMBAL video; which as far as I’m aware, from when I last looked into this in more depth, has not been confirmed to be related to the 2004 Nimitz event.

In fact the Gimbal video has never been attributed to anyone... while it is probably genuine (and shows nothing out of the ordinary anyway), and is likely a test run or (very poor) training attempt, it does not directly relate to any of the anecdotes.

There's a lot of coverage on that here:

https://www.metabunk.org/nyt-gimbal-video-of-u-s-navy-jet-encounter-with-unknown-object.t9333/

including some very cool demonstrations that show just how little the chimpanzees led by Elizondo under their self-appointed King De Longe, actually know about how FLIR works.  They are clearly completely unfamiliar with the effects this type of camera will show, and the sometimes quite odd-looking movements which are due to the gimballing mount and how it has to move (panning and rotation) to track a moving aircraft from another moving aircraft.  It's quite complex, and quite fascinating  .....  and completely beyond these scammers, whose skill set seems to be restricted to extracting money from other, even more gullible, less technical, folks.

7 hours ago, Timothy said:

Is this correct @Earl.Of.Trumps

I'm tempted to take him off ignore to see his technical take on this... but no thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Latest video folks this object been seen around uk and they all look alike must be a airplane but nope its not

2 hours ago, johncbdg said:

Latest video folks this object been seen around uk and they all look alike must be a airplane but nope its not

why is there no actual footage sound?

@johncbdg  Nice vid.  You really can't see any definition until they slow it down and zoom in. Then the "two lights"  become more obvious.

Sure seems to be a sighting similar to what the two pilots near Ireland saw, what the dashboard cam caught, and what was video'd off the coast of North Carolina.  All similar.  Two big lights either running in perfect unison or both attached to a rigid body.

good show. thanks

45 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

@johncbdg  Nice vid.  You really can't see any definition until they slow it down and zoom in. Then the "two lights"  become more obvious.

Sure seems to be a sighting similar to what the two pilots near Ireland saw, what the dashboard cam caught, and what was video'd off the coast of North Carolina.  All similar.  Two big lights either running in perfect unison or both attached to a rigid body.

good show. thanks

Thanks,that object has been seen and filmed and pictures taken from other parts of the UK and your right they are all similar,when i first looked at pictures of a similar object taken a few miles from where i stay i thought it was a high altitude Airplane then i read a post on facebook and looked at a picture like the one i got sent very same again i thought plane then when i seen this object i thought with the coolpix p900 i was going zoom on it and see a airplane but it just does not show plane i thought the two discs shaped objects when i am zoomed in i thought out of focus but now am not sure if it is and that may well be what the craft looks like,i could be wrong but its the best the coolpix could get when zoomed in .. 

5 hours ago, johncbdg said:

Can you please explain why it is not ‘a airplane’?

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

@johncbdg  Did you video this yourself? get it from facebook friend?

Not from facebook but not just a friend its our video and my video filmed by us and myself.

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2018 at 4:02 AM, DebDandelion said:

Hello there. I watched your vid.

What makes you think that it is not a bird of prey dropping something?

LOL birds look like upside down plates now huh? Are you sure youre not shill or something? 

2 hours ago, sandman0021 said:

LOL birds look like upside down plates now huh? Are you sure youre not shill or something? 

They certainly can.

I'd suggest that before you hurt yourself from laughing so loudly, you go to Google Images, then enter the search term "bird UFO".

Any questions?

Indeed, simply by thinking about what happens when a reasonably fast moving object flies through a camera's field of view, up reasonably close (and thus with a high ANGULAR velocity)... you'll probably work out that it will smear horizontally with motion blur.  Then if you consider the different profiles that a bird may take as it flies (you know, moving wings and such..), then it can easily look plate- or saucer- or cigar- or (etc) like, once 'smeared'....

This is not really rocket science, and your mirth is rather misplaced given what appears to be a lack of knowledge of how cameras work.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, johncbdg said:

We got two people talking about the wrong video so here is the latest

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, johncbdg said:

We got two people talking about the wrong video so here is the latest

Badly out of focus commercial airliner.  Low humidity at flight level hence no contrail.

Very interesting. I can't make out what it is but it defies a conventional shape

On 20/12/2018 at 6:11 AM, ChrLzs said:

They certainly can.

I'd suggest that before you hurt yourself from laughing so loudly, you go to Google Images, then enter the search term "bird UFO".

Any questions?

Indeed, simply by thinking about what happens when a reasonably fast moving object flies through a camera's field of view, up reasonably close (and thus with a high ANGULAR velocity)... you'll probably work out that it will smear horizontally with motion blur.  Then if you consider the different profiles that a bird may take as it flies (you know, moving wings and such..), then it can easily look plate- or saucer- or cigar- or (etc) like, once 'smeared'....

This is not really rocket science, and your mirth is rather misplaced given what appears to be a lack of knowledge of how cameras work.

I loooooooove u....

• Haha 1

On 11/27/2018 at 9:57 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Tim I agree he never says he saw it first hand, but  Day never says he didn't.

COAST TO COAST AM - June 17 2018 - TIC TAC UFO INCIDENTS - Bing video

In there is yet another interview with a Nimitz sailor and he states unequivocally he SAW the UFO. And we know Fravor chased one.

Tim, you're looking for excuses. It's crystal clear this all originated from the US Dept. of Defense. You want to call them BS Artists, there is nothing I can do. The US dept of def. is far less impeachable than blog sites that you people often use to "debunk" the witnesses.

So now you are going to fantasize for them? That's what it sounds like when you write "but  Day never says he didn't."

Fravor was a believer in UFOs that his team joked about because of his over the top UFO belief.  Fravor claims he chased one. Does his copilot agree?

Remember that the videos are not from Fravor's flight. The videos have been edited by TTSA. Thereis no standard header or trailer to the videos stating the origin.

We also know that Day has embellished his stories over time with fiction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1