Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
johncbdg

UFO videos from Scotland

390 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

johncbdg
4 hours ago, Astra. said:

Well it would be interesting to know what type of birds do actually inhabit the region where the OP took the image(s). I guess all we really have at this stage is speculation as to what the image may possibly be. All I can say (from my own perspective) is that I simply can't see a bird. I could indeed be wrong though. Seems this one might be a true mystery thus far...unless some clever person can work with the image by maybe sharpening the focus better ?

As far as hearing a drone from that distance ?...that depends on how far away it is. The few drones that Iv'e seen in my seaside area have come in different shapes and sizes. The closer they come, naturally one is able to hear it buzzing about...they also make different buzzing noises...depending what type of drone it is. Some are also very, very quiet...even if it's hovering only metres above your head. 

Its not a bird,we know this and we know what that area is like three miles from there we  filmed a drone is this a drone we all can buy i have looked online for this drone if you or any one can name it and let us know where we can buy it,the it would be appreciated

.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johncbdg

Here is one from Pentland hills we got phone calls from people reporting ufos over the Pentland hills.

This is what we caught same night as the ufo sighting reports where coming in filmed from one of our skywatch sites

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johncbdg

More from Pentland hills area sky flashing above Loanhead and Bonnyrigg and surrounding area still never found out what it was.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
2 hours ago, johncbdg said:

Here is one from Pentland hills we got phone calls from people reporting ufos over the Pentland hills.

This is what we caught same night as the ufo sighting reports where coming in filmed from one of our skywatch sites

 

 

what's unidentified here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
4 hours ago, johncbdg said:

 is this a drone we all can buy i have looked online for this drone if you or any one can name it and let us know where we can buy it,the it would be appreciated.

Well since the image is blurry, and if indeed it is a drone (which I sway towards) then finding out exactly what type of drone it is would be a task in itself...as there are so many differing varieties. The image simply isn't clear enough to pin point what type of model it is. 

Frankly, I don't like them and find them invasive...especially when any fool (meaning the public) can get a hold of one.

Why do you want to buy one ?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs

Just for the record, while I could probably help here ... I have absolutely zero interest in taking johncbdg's stuff seriously.  Too many cries of wolf, doesn't listen to suggestions.

And I see that he is now wanting us to identify a drone from what is, according to the replies, the same awful quality footage.  This is of course, just a ruse so he can say "that looks nothing like it", and continue on his well-worn path to dismissing and denying the mundane, and fervently believing he is (incompetently) filming something 'special'.....

 

BTW, I own two drones - they are great fun and I don't abuse the privilege..  There's even an RC model club about 15 km away from me, so I get to see their stuff sometimes.

Having said that, if I lived anywhere near John and found out what he was doing here at UM, I'd probably fly it around a lot more...

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
36 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

BTW, I own two drones - they are great fun and I don't abuse the privilege..  There's even an RC model club about 15 km away from me, so I get to see their stuff sometimes.

I certainly don't have a problem with drones if people use them correctly in wide open spaces. It's the fools that do abuse them..like hovering them over peoples backyards...or hover them over the beach where I live so as to ogle over bikini clad women etc...

By the time that you find out or see who the culprit(s) are (they usually hide with their silly remote controls)...they have taken off like the cowards that they are. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
13 minutes ago, Astra. said:

I certainly don't have a problem with drones if people use them correctly in wide open spaces. It's the fools that do abuse them..like hovering them over peoples backyards...or hover them over the beach where I live so as to ogle over bikini clad women etc...

By the time that you find out or see who the culprit(s) are (they usually hide with their silly remote controls)...they have taken off like the cowards that they are. 

Neither of mine have cameras, so I probably shouldn't call them drones as such.. :)  Thus, hovering over gorgeous women would make little sense..  I just fly them for fun.. (and not to fool people into screaming "Aliens!!!", either..)

 

Added:

For the record, I plan to start a new thread showing how best to use mobile phone (ie crappy) cameras to their best advantage, and also to compare the footage with that taken from a rather ordinary and quite affordable 'real' camera...

Edited by ChrLzs
added stuff
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
5 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Neither of mine have cameras, so I probably shouldn't call them drones as such.. :)  Thus, hovering over gorgeous women would make little sense..  I just fly them for fun.. (and not to fool people into screaming "Aliens!!!", either..)

Yes, well I was talking about the ones with cameras. And it's good that you enjoy your hobby. If I'm correct I think the OP (in this particular thread anyway) believes this was a drone...and not aliens.

5 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

For the record, I plan to start a new thread showing how best to use mobile phone (ie crappy) cameras to their best advantage, and also to compare the footage with that taken from a rather ordinary and quite affordable 'real' camera..

Sounds good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johncbdg
9 hours ago, Astra. said:

Well since the image is blurry, and if indeed it is a drone (which I sway towards) then finding out exactly what type of drone it is would be a task in itself...as there are so many differing varieties. The image simply isn't clear enough to pin point what type of model it is. 

Frankly, I don't like them and find them invasive...especially when any fool (meaning the public) can get a hold of one.

Why do you want to buy one ?

We are looking for a good Drone one like that one in the video one with navigation lights and it moves fast so we can search the other side of the hills without walking to top.lazy it is but much better,and there have been a few good big cat sightings in that area and other areas we have set up trail Cams but a Drone would be a good Cam to have if we come across a big cat then we could take a close look at it without being eaten lol.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johncbdg
6 hours ago, Astra. said:

Yes, well I was talking about the ones with cameras. And it's good that you enjoy your hobby. If I'm correct I think the OP (in this particular thread anyway) believes this was a drone...and not aliens.

Sounds good. 

It is a hobby that we all love doing and its not about my Cams better than yours anyone can take pictures and video of a ghost or a object etc with there own Cam and what we find is that the picture or video that some one has taken even with a cheap Cam they all said it was the very same thing they where looking at,i have never said they where Aliens, but i am 100% UFOs are real..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
1 hour ago, johncbdg said:

We are looking for a good Drone one like that one in the video one with navigation lights and it moves fast so we can search the other side of the hills without walking to top.lazy it is but much better,and there have been a few good big cat sightings in that area and other areas we have set up trail Cams but a Drone would be a good Cam to have if we come across a big cat then we could take a close look at it without being eaten lol.. 

Well ok...good luck with what you are searching for as far as drones go.

49 minutes ago, johncbdg said:

It is a hobby that we all love doing and its not about my Cams better than yours anyone can take pictures and video of a ghost or a object etc with there own Cam and what we find is that the picture or video that some one has taken even with a cheap Cam they all said it was the very same thing they where looking at

Yes well, I'm not a believer in ghosts. Most ghostly images people take are either a hoax or they've taken a picture with a somewhat mundane explanation in which many refuse to accept. They would rather jump to the conclusion that it must be something spooky, creepy, ghostly....without trying to use some basic logic instead.

49 minutes ago, johncbdg said:

i have never said they where Aliens, but i am 100% UFOs are real..........

Of course UFO's are real...people see 'Unidentified Flying Objects' most everyday from around the world. But that's all they are as being 'unidentified'.

Iv'e seen some odd things myself in the sky that I couldn't explain...it doesn't mean though that these few occurrences were ET's.

I'm not saying that a more advanced species of life (beyond our earth) doesn't exist. But at this time, we just don't have enough or indeed any solid evidence to prove that they do.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan
3 hours ago, johncbdg said:

We are looking for a good Drone one like that one in the video one with navigation lights and it moves fast so we can search the other side of the hills without walking to top.lazy it is but much better,and there have been a few good big cat sightings in that area and other areas we have set up trail Cams but a Drone would be a good Cam to have if we come across a big cat then we could take a close look at it without being eaten lol.. 

How would you search the other side of a hill with a drone when you have to be in line of sight of the drone at all times?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johncbdg
1 hour ago, Astra. said:

Well ok...good luck with what you are searching for as far as drones go.

Yes well, I'm not a believer in ghosts. Most ghostly images people take are either a hoax or they've taken a picture with a somewhat mundane explanation in which many refuse to accept. They would rather jump to the conclusion that it must be something spooky, creepy, ghostly....without trying to use some basic logic instead.

Of course UFO's are real...people see 'Unidentified Flying Objects' most everyday from around the world. But that's all they are as being 'unidentified'.

Iv'e seen some odd things myself in the sky that I couldn't explain...it doesn't mean though that these few occurrences were ET's.

I'm not saying that a more advanced species of life (beyond our earth) doesn't exist. But at this time, we just don't have enough or indeed any solid evidence to prove that they do.

I agree with what you are saying but some people think we are a group of ufo nutters or we believe in ghosts come from beyond the grave and we can take pictures of them and that stands for orbs and crop circles etc.

What we do is show people the real ufos that they are seeing we go and search the area to see if we can catch the ufo that people are reporting and i would say 75% of the time we catch there ufo for them but that is all it is as most of the time we do not know what it was or where it came from,going back to Cams phone cams etc i have seen footage taken by news cams that are no better than any footage from anyone else and like you i think we would have to very naive to think we where the only advanced beings on one small blue dot...is there any evidence that a alien race has visited earth well that is up to what a person thinks the evidence looks like many say they have been here i search for only that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johncbdg
1 minute ago, Essan said:

How would you search the other side of a hill with a drone when you have to be in line of sight of the drone at all times?  

It would have to be a good drone some thing in the range 2k or more,but if you got to the top of the hill and still sight i think you would see down other no problem............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
22 hours ago, johncbdg said:

Its not a bird,we know this and we know what that area is like three miles from there we  filmed a drone is this a drone we all can buy i have looked online for this drone if you or any one can name it and let us know where we can buy it,the it would be appreciated

.  

 

At a guess... that's a DJI Inspire 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
10 hours ago, johncbdg said:

I agree with what you are saying but some people think we are a group of ufo nutters...

Really ?...nah!... who would think that ? :D..

10 hours ago, johncbdg said:

What we do is show people the real ufos that they are seeing we go and search the area to see if we can catch the ufo that people are reporting...

When you say catch the UFO...I take it that you mean with a camera ?...:lol:

Truly, in all honesty I have this image of a group of teens who sneak out at night when their parents are sleeping and who run around the hills taking snap shots of anything that moves in the night sky. 

Bit like being...

4569294_4603.jpg

LOL..

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johncbdg
On 04/09/2018 at 4:33 PM, Golden Duck said:

At a guess... that's a DJI Inspire 

I will take a look.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johncbdg
On 04/09/2018 at 1:02 AM, ChrLzs said:

Just for the record, while I could probably help here ... I have absolutely zero interest in taking johncbdg's stuff seriously.  Too many cries of wolf, doesn't listen to suggestions.

And I see that he is now wanting us to identify a drone from what is, according to the replies, the same awful quality footage.  This is of course, just a ruse so he can say "that looks nothing like it", and continue on his well-worn path to dismissing and denying the mundane, and fervently believing he is (incompetently) filming something 'special'.....

 

BTW, I own two drones - they are great fun and I don't abuse the privilege..  There's even an RC model club about 15 km away from me, so I get to see their stuff sometimes.

Having said that, if I lived anywhere near John and found out what he was doing here at UM, I'd probably fly it around a lot more...

But that would be good as we could always zoom in on the drones and get a very clear view and if we where above say on a hill looking down we more than likely see you flying your drone we like high ground when out filming and with the Coolpix P900 there is not many places you can hide from that Cam.

but your more than welcome to come fly your drones i wonder would that be a case of you watching us with your prank and we film you at it................? 

https://www.dpreview.com/articles/7120915392/nikon-introduces-coolpix-p900-with-whopping-83x-optical-zoom-range

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johncbdg
20 hours ago, Astra. said:

Really ?...nah!... who would think that ? :D..

When you say catch the UFO...I take it that you mean with a camera ?...:lol:

Truly, in all honesty I have this image of a group of teens who sneak out at night when their parents are sleeping and who run around the hills taking snap shots of anything that moves in the night sky. 

Bit like being...

4569294_4603.jpg

LOL..

 

 

 

 

Nothing like that we do night watch and try our best to catch the object it could be anything flying up there one of the best was the ufo sunday 6 May 2007 around 8.30pm Dumfries and Galloway area, this ufobject disappeared in to cloud.this could have been what people where reporting it was a going ufo flap in the local news paper etc so we went into the area and watched the skies and got this ufo..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
On 04/09/2018 at 2:03 AM, ChrLzs said:

For the record, I plan to start a new thread showing how best to use mobile phone (ie crappy) cameras to their best advantage, and also to compare the footage with that taken from a rather ordinary and quite affordable 'real' camera...

Johncbdg will ignore it, like he ignores the explanations given to his ridiculous footage.

Shame really as he has no idea how to use his camera without shaking it and zooming in and out and blurring the image and there are the rapid swinging of movements from side to side too...its all quite frustrating watching.....but i do not get frustrated as i have past caring about his footage.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johncbdg
8 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Johncbdg will ignore it, like he ignores the explanations given to his ridiculous footage.

Shame really as he has no idea how to use his camera without shaking it and zooming in and out and blurring the image and there are the rapid swinging of movements from side to side too...its all quite frustrating watching.....but i do not get frustrated as i have past caring about his footage.

 

 The footage is as it was taken,but not me not by me but hey i do not get frustrated i have plenty of  footage and i have every thing i need in life and am more than happy with my lot.

I had a talk with Saru and it was ok for me posting videos on this site,there will always be some never happy with what is posted but they do not need to put replies to video if they do not like sorry that the videos upset you.

Edited by johncbdg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
17 minutes ago, johncbdg said:

 The footage is as it was taken,but not me not by me but hey i do not get frustrated i have plenty of  footage and i have every thing i need in life and am more than happy with my lot.

I had a talk with Saru and it was ok for me posting videos on this site,there will always be some never happy with what is posted but they do not need to put replies to video if they do not like sorry that the videos upset you.

It does not upset me...certainly not. Some have actually made me laugh.

I really do suggest you take some lessons in photography, it obviously interests you, but you are videoing things which can be explained, but by presenting them in such an amateur way is not doing you any credit.

There is actually an app which you can put your pictures on and get paid for them if people are interested. Why not try that out, if you sell nothing you will know you will need to evaluate what you are snapping and how you are taking them and with what.

A friend of mine and my husband have made money out of it, but they have a proper camera and photograph things of interest,  they has never posted a UFO  pic because...as my husband would says, "eveything I see is explainable" 

They are experienced photographers and over the years recognises a bird, a drone, a plane etc and understand how light and reflections can distort an image....to the naked eye, let alone what happens when you video or photograph it. I have learnt a lot from them and from my own sky watching over the years.

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johncbdg
38 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

It does not upset me...certainly not. Some have actually made me laugh.

I really do suggest you take some lessons in photography, it obviously interests you, but you are videoing things which can be explained, but by presenting them in such an amateur way is not doing you any credit.

There is actually an app which you can put your pictures on and get paid for them if people are interested. Why not try that out, if you sell nothing you will know you will need to evaluate what you are snapping and how you are taking them and with what.

A friend of mine and my husband have made money out of it, but they have a proper camera and photograph things of interest,  they has never posted a UFO  pic because...as my husband would says, "eveything I see is explainable" 

They are experienced photographers and over the years recognises a bird, a drone, a plane etc and understand how light and reflections can distort an image....to the naked eye, let alone what happens when you video or photograph it. I have learnt a lot from them and from my own sky watching over the years.

 

WOW  I love all this but they are not all my videos that i post,and good for your friend and your husband for making money with there proper camera i bet there will never be a dull moment when they are around good on them,i see you listen to your husbands every word as he said every thing I see is explainable and them being experienced photographers well what can the rest of us say they must be right and every one else is wrong well that about sums it up for me,i am with every one who goes out and films the the night skies and takes pictures of objects that they see in it, you know the ones who get off there ass and go do a skywatch its much better than in house watching TV then bed sleep then same again and again and so on and on,not for me i like out and about after all life is what you make it and if you enjoy doing some thing then do it we all can not be experienced photographers or those experienced photographers would make less or no money if your happy with what you have in life then you got everything you will ever need and i am more than happy with what i got love i like living for today living every day as i like it and enjoying ever min of it that is living and i am experienced in that...............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
16 minutes ago, johncbdg said:

if you enjoy doing some thing then do it we all can not be experienced photographers or those experienced photographers would make less or no money

No...if you can get the right pics you can make money too.

They take pictures of nature...they are experienced in the sense that they know what equipment to use and how to use it, it is really a hobby and love for photography, not a full time job.

If you like taking photos, you too could aim at getting yourself a decent camera and take pictures of things of genuine interest. blurry pictures or videos are not of any genuine interest.

16 minutes ago, johncbdg said:

well what can the rest of us say they must be right and every one else is wrong

It is not about being right, it is about recognising what you see. 

When you put up a video or picture and are asking for an explanation, you are not being ' wrong',  you are just not recognising what you see.

You were given explanations for your footage,  what is wrong is when the person asking does not accept the reasonable replies from people who can recognise what is out there because the answer was not confirming an alien craft from another planet.

Edited by freetoroam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.