Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Still Waters

Zebra crossings replaced with 'cow walks'

Still Waters

Spanish city A Coruña has unveiled its first “cow walk” in the city centre as a symbol of its milk supplying prowess

The Spanish region Galicia, located in the northwest of the country, is renowned for its dairy farms and abundance of cows.

Galicia produces the most milk in all of Spain and maintains its position as the 10th in the European rankings as more than 8,400 families are dedicated to dairy farming.

Given their importance in the region the cows have become a symbol for Galicia, one many dairy farmers are proud to have as an icon.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/what-a-moove-spanish-city-replaces-zebra-crossings-with-cow-walks-a3924331.html

• Like 2

Astra.

What a pleasant article. I think that's a great idea using 'cow walks'...instead of the normal zebra crossings.

It seems a very fitting way to go since the region is so well known and renowned for it's cows and dairy.  

• Like 2

~Onyx~

There is a racial issue here....somewhere...but I'm torn. I mean, seriously, when was the last time both back AND white could make a claim of racial bias AT THE SAME TIME!!!??

Astra.
On 02/09/2018 at 7:34 AM, ~Onyx~ said:

There is a racial issue here....somewhere...but I'm torn. I mean, seriously, when was the last time both back AND white could make a claim of racial bias AT THE SAME TIME!!!??

Err, maybe I missed something. But what on earth are you on about ?...you'll have to be more specific with what you are trying to say. 

~Onyx~
23 hours ago, Astra. said:

Err, maybe I missed something. But what on earth are you on about ?...you'll have to be more specific with what you are trying to say. 

Zebras have both back and white stripes, and they are getting they're crossing signs removed, hence the quip of them possibly claiming it could be racially motivated(because they are simultaneously black and white). Apologies, next time i'll be sure to be more specific when it comes to cows and zebras and crossings and such.