Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New technique could see humans live to 150

UM-Bot

I doubt it'll be as cheap as a cup of coffee per day...At least not at first. If this does work, it'll be just another way for the wealthy to dominate the world. Imagine if politicians, CEO's, etc. all lived to be well over 100 and everyone else was still capped at around 80 or younger. Not a future I'd want to be a part of.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

I doubt it'll be as cheap as a cup of coffee per day...At least not at first. If this does work, it'll be just another way for the wealthy to dominate the world. Imagine if politicians, CEO's, etc. all lived to be well over 100 and everyone else was still capped at around 80 or younger. Not a future I'd want to be a part of.

I'd be more inclined to think the politicos would want it to be widely used... And use it as a hook to keep the populace in line... "Stay quietly in line or no more drug"... Refusing to let the populace have access would almost certainly prompt massive revolts, riots and "troubles"...

There's no point in living until you're 150 unless you can stay as fit as you are at 50. But even then, who wants to go on working for another 90/95 years? Mentally I don't think humans could cope with this. The only people who would benefit from, and enjoy this would be the super-rich.

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

There's no point in living until you're 150 unless you can stay as fit as you are at 50. But even then, who wants to go on working for another 90/95 years? Mentally I don't think humans could cope with this. The only people who would benefit from, and enjoy this would be the super-rich.

Meh, human life expectancy has already gone up, drastically...and we seem to be fine with it.

• Like 1

In addition to extending human life, the technique also has the potential to regenerate organs, cure paralysis and even make older people fertile again.

Wow...that would be something. 

It does concern me about overpopulation, but hopefully, there will be other advances.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2018 at 7:05 AM, Seti42 said:

And their are plenty of people in this world who can't afford a cup of coffee. 

• Like 1

Why would anyone want to live to be 150 years old?  There are 10 billion people in the world now...if no one dies...think of the mess we'd be in.  We all have our shot at life...live it the best we can and then exit for the next generations.

This would be awsome lol, 80 would be the new midlife lol

5 minutes ago, cathya said:

Why would anyone want to live to be 150 years old?  There are 10 billion people in the world now...if no one dies...think of the mess we'd be in.  We all have our shot at life...live it the best we can and then exit for the next generations.

Nearly 7.5 billion people.

I can't help but to think people like you should've lived a century or two ago. You'd love it.