Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Industrial abandoned Russia Far East

russian pavel

These photos I made in 2018 at the abandoned old factories of the Russian Far East. This is a very ecological photo. The man left his plants, Russia died technically, and today, on the site of its industrial grandeur, the giant grass rustles and the poisonous lakes glisten. I give here a lot of pictures. This is the first photo.  To be continued. Why did I put this topic in archeology and history? Because this is the topic of modern industrial archeology. Unknown Russia Abandoned in 2018.

IMAG0004.JPG

Edited by pavel popelskii
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The third photo of the series. You see clean ponds in the taiga. No. This is not the taiga. These are the destroyed toxic reservoirs of a destroyed paper mill. Strong Soviet industry in Russia today has died. Why? Oligarchy and corruption. Russian children ... bathe in these toxic ponds. To be continued.

IMAG0015.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Fourth photo. Meadow, meadow, beautiful meadow, and above this meadow power line. No, my dear lovely friends. This is not meadow. It is an artificial very poisonous abandoned collector. Its length is two kilometers. Network of narrow channels with toxic water. Our idiots come here in jeeps ... to fish. The birds sing here, the chipmunks are running around. Russian mentality. :D

IMAG0001.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pavel popelskii said:

The third photo of the series. You see clean ponds in the taiga. No. This is not the taiga. These are the destroyed toxic reservoirs of a destroyed paper mill. Strong Soviet industry in Russia today has died. Why? Oligarchy and corruption. Russian children ... bathe in these toxic ponds. To be continued.

IMAG0015.JPG

That's very sad, pavel.

No, it's not sad. This is ultra-original. I forgot to add. Russian children bathe in long toxic canals. In these channels leads a huge sewage pipe. And the children have a fashion to bathe next to the sewer pipe. And this is not India or Bangladesh. This is the main cosmic country of the planet. Unfortunately, this former and real main space country has taken a course for oligarchic totalitarian capitalism. Incredible irony.

• Thanks 1

Meh. 

Large amounts of old lace factories in Nottingham have been turned into Apartments. 

I'm sorry that there is polution. But things change. We don't have many Blacksmiths available in the UK to shoe horses, either. 

This is called renovation. It is very good. England remakes abandoned industrial facilities in high-tech. But not in the Far East of Russia.

• Like 1

hmm.... that is sad, Pavel. However, perhaps it is just down to economics ? When you have SO much open space to build in, why bother to recycle buildings ? 

30 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

hmm.... that is sad, Pavel. However, perhaps it is just down to economics ? When you have SO much open space to build in, why bother to recycle buildings ? 

The question is, why no one bothers to at least attempt cleaning/controlling the pollution. It's not about empty buildings, it's about the all kinds of poison the local population is exposed to. It's kind of obvious from pavel's posts. 

Just now, Helen of Annoy said:

The question is, why no one bothers to at least attempt cleaning/controlling the pollution. It's not about empty buildings, it's about the all kinds of poison the local population is exposed to. It's kind of obvious from pavel's posts. 

Where's the profit in cleaning up ? Russia is VERY "hard" capitalist these days. Mind you.. it always was. Rampant irresponsible industrial pollution was a feature of the old Soviet state. Why bother to subscribe to safety protocols ? If workers die then, heck, there are always plenty more. 

I don't think typical oligarch reasoning is something an ordinary but sane and not too stupid person (in either of our countries) should accept.   

Downplaying the danger of pollution is extremely stupid choice, simply because not even the oligarchs are immune to the poison that does find its way in everyone's water, plate and air. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
forgot to quote RoofGardener. sorry.