Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WWII ended 73 years ago today, 02 Sep 45

Vorg

2 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

The first two were such a success, let's go ahead and kick start a third.

Was there ever any doubt?  Just be patient.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, and then said:

Was there ever any doubt?  Just be patient.

I've a couple shows to go to the end of Sept. Can we pencil it in after that?

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I'm not a "date setter" but the process takes about 7 years so you're probably good to go.  If you want to stay ready, just pay attention to what's happening in the M.E.  When that peace treaty is signed, the clock starts ticking.

40 minutes ago, and then said:

I'm not a "date setter" but the process takes about 7 years so you're probably good to go.  If you want to stay ready, just pay attention to what's happening in the M.E.  When that peace treaty is signed, the clock starts ticking.

I dont care about any of that. 7 billion + people... could use some thinning out.

18 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I dont care about any of that. 7 billion + people... could use some thinning out.

Driving in California, or believing everything on the News, is enough to make anyone think so.  But what if that's by design?

Beware of people who want God's job, and pity them. I hear that death by crucifixion and 3 days in Hell ain't exactly a picnic.

I have heard it argued that the Cold War was WW3, with Korea and Vietnam and the various Afghanistan invasions as battlefronts.

19 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Just imagine all the wonderful movies and video games we would get after WW3. Bring it on. 

46 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Beware of people who want God's job, and pity them. I hear that death by crucifixion and 3 days in Hell ain't exactly a picnic.

Fictional things aren't scary

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, kartikg said:

Just imagine all the wonderful movies and video games we would get after WW3. Bring it on. 

And the potential hundreds of millions that will die. I get ecstatic just thinking about it.

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Fictional things aren't scary

There's that famous Left-wing sense of humor again.

....   :rolleyes:

23 hours ago, kartikg said:

I am nowhere near as confident as you are that the right wing could trounce the left wing in battle. We can't even unite to keep anyone on Facebook. It is true that conservatives have more guns and are probably better street fighters. But conservatives also cave in large numbers even when their most sacred cows are in danger – such as the First Amendment or 'Christian' principles. The two latter issues sit at the core of academic bias and debates on sexuality, respectively. I can attest to the repeating scenario: conservatives talk and talk about what they believe and how bad the left is. Then they give up droves when it comes time to fight.

3 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

There's that famous Left-wing sense of humor again.

....   :rolleyes:

I'm not left wing. I just dont like conservatives. 

Or anybody, really. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I'm not left wing. I just dont like conservatives. 

Or anybody, really. 

That's what a left winger would say. 

On 9/3/2018 at 8:55 PM, Imaginarynumber1 said:

And the potential hundreds of millions that will die. I get ecstatic just thinking about it.

Oh, I get it. You must be an Environmentalist. 

That does seem to be the prevelent opinion over there.

So.... how bad will it get? No one can know. How bad can it get? Now we're on better ground. Let's speculate. 

We live in the darkening foreshadow of a world catastrophe to be remembered for millennia to come. When it comes apart it will happen with no more warning than we have now. Each step down will be a disaster in itself, followed by worse, then worse yet, until many years later civilization becomes a fading memory told to disbelieving children. The wholly unprepared have no more than a single-digit percent chance of long term survival. 

Most have already chosen their fate. Few have chosen wisely. 

Big city dwellers who believe potable water and their daily bread is "a human right', whose lives rely on contracts and connections and persuasion, who take the weather personally, who hold leisure class values even as they're being swindled into penury, who can't prepare a real meal at home and hire an illegal to change a light bulb... they won't survive. 

Those who live far from cities and lines of drift, who have a circle of reliable relatives and friends at a good level of self-sufficency, who have experienced scarcity or even poverty, who are experienced and well situated to hunt and fish and garden, or are already practicing homesteaders, who value self reliance, who know their home ground intimately and have prepared realistically; they may survive.

We can't know how events will unfold. It's likely the first post-apocalyptic months will seem to be, if not be, the most cataclysmic. The incompetent, the deluded, the resolutely unprepared and other self-selected victims will be winnowed in huge numbers. Add to them the chronically ill and elderly, the wholly dependent tribalists of the inner city and their feral broods, and don't forget to include the plain unlucky. 

Old vendettas will be settled (and this will happen Globally the moment the US is no longer involved in keeping the peace), chains of revenge for revenge will begin. City utilities will fail, sewage and garbage and corpses will contribute to unchecked disease . An exposed light at night will be worth your life. Enclaves will attack enclaves no less destitute than themselves. The naturally homicidal, suddenly unconstrained, will prey singly and in groups. Some uniformed enforcers of defunct martial law will go rogue. ALL of them will be very worried about where their next paycheck/base of support will be coming from.

And of course, enforcement agencies of any kind will quickly discover how difficult it is to do anything at all when they are outnumbered 50-1 by a population that has shifted from being indifferent to them to openly hostile. That will actually be the starting point, the last warning before all of the above begin their chain reactions.

Now, if that all sounds like fun to anyone, I suggest you "get help", as they say. :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Oh, I get it. You must be an Environmentalist. 

No. I do believe, however, that the animals of this world have just as much of a right to be here as we do and should be entitled to a biome not destroyed by us.

I just really really don't like people. We  are all, without fail, stupid, petty, and pathetic. 

6 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

No. I do believe, however, that the animals of this world have just as much of a right to be here as we do and should be entitled to a biome not destroyed by us.

I've never seen an animal indulge in self-pity, and I doubt very much that they would want to be beholden to anyone who ... who is trying to justify  their inability to deal with sentient life by having a hero-moment on behalf of a fan-base that can't even form coherent words. 

6 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I just really really don't like people. We  are all, without fail, stupid, petty, and pathetic. 

Okay, I won't crack any jokes about Serial Killer genes or any of the rest of that, but everyone that has ever gone the Mass Murderer route has sounded exactly like you do right before they tried to prove that Darwin was wrong.

And yeah.... projection.

I have no great love for humanity myself, but I take a neutral stance. I ain't God and I do NOT want his job. So, I keep my distance, a distance that will expand by light-years when I shuffle off this mortal coil. I won't soil myself with all this hate.

I also won't discount the possibility that there are a few good people out there, and that more may come along. Hell, if I spot them I might even give them a hand before my time runs out.

Its my way of really sticking it to the Bad Guys. 

49 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

I've never seen an animal indulge in self-pity, and I doubt very much that they would want to be beholden to anyone who ... who is trying to justify  their inability to deal with sentient life by having a hero-moment on behalf of a fan-base that can't even form coherent words. 

Okay, I won't crack any jokes about Serial Killer genes or any of the rest of that, but everyone that has ever gone the Mass Murderer route has sounded exactly like you do right before they tried to prove that Darwin was wrong.

And yeah.... projection.

I have no great love for humanity myself, but I take a neutral stance. I ain't God and I do NOT want his job. So, I keep my distance, a distance that will expand by light-years when I shuffle off this mortal coil. I won't soil myself with all this hate.

I also won't discount the possibility that there are a few good people out there, and that more may come along. Hell, if I spot them I might even give them a hand before my time runs out.

Its my way of really sticking it to the Bad Guys. 

I honestly cannot be bothered to read any of that.