Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists launch hunt for mystery 'dark force'

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Scientists launch hunt for mystery 'dark force'

Dark Force? Perhaps Luke Skywalker can help

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm surprised nobody has made a comment about how the project is called 'Padme' :P Not the most fortuitous name, considering its all about exploring the Dark Force. All jokes aside, this is pretty interesting.

2 hours ago, Carlos Allende said:

I've got just the scientist

weir.jpg

Oh my. 

Let's hope not.

Everybody be clawing out their eyes.

Silly and cryptic names aside, at least science is exploring and looking for explanations. As opposed to just saying "GOD did it" and ceasing all curiosity forever.

Edited by Seti42

7 hours ago, seanjo said:

It's the gravitational influence of thousands of other Universes that surround our Universe.

That is an interesting thought!

I'm going to make a stab at it--give it a go!

We already know that matter and anti-matter do not combine in a 50-50 manner but more like 53-47. That would leave about 6% of matter as leftovers. Weird but true. I'm told the Big Bang (BB) created an equal portion of matter and anti-matter, which by now has probably combined about as much as they will.

If we estimate the power involved in the BB, based on the creation of matter alone--as in the 6% leftover--we get a different figure of power than if we estimate based on 100% of matter and anti-matter, as in about x20 more power. An explosion based on the creation of the matter we can now detect versus being based on 20 times more of matter and anti-matter, would explain the inflation early-on and provide more power for the accelerated expansion now--perhaps without a made up energy called dark energy.

And what is the result of matter and antimatter combining? Is it a further release of energy from the double conversion of the matter and antimatter into Nothing? That would also help explain the inflation early-on and provide more power for the accelerated expansion now--perhaps without a made up energy called dark energy.

Please criticise and pick apart, so we can all learn more about these dilemmas.

--johne

Padme as in their grant?