Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Carlos Allende

10 Questions for Atheists / Angry Agnostics

262 posts in this topic

docyabut2
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:28 PM, psyche101 said:

Nothing like that doccy. The elements that our bodies are made of were crated in supernova yes, evolution took care of the rest over great time lines. 

A pathogen could wipe us out, we aren't expecting to have to leave the earth over natural demise for a coupe billion years that leaves us quite some wiggle room. 

There is some evidence that a person`s life can go on in the organs.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-558271/Can-really-transplant-human-soul.html

docyabut2
1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

I used to think reincarnation was pretty much hogwash. Then one day I got on one of those sites where they posted 'the creepiest things your kids have ever said to you'. It wasn't the article so much that got my attention. It was the comments to the article, hundreds and hundreds of them giving examples of "creepy" things their kids said. Over and over and over kids would tell their parents about their 'other mom' or where they lived 'before coming here'. I was pretty much blown away and so now I'm beginning to wonder if we really are reincarnated when we die.

As to the billions of people who have already lived or are living now, I read something interesting about that, too. One mother overheard her daughter say something about deciding to come to Earth this time and she thought having hands was the greatest thing ever.

It may be we are one of a number of universes and the souls of us all are scattered all through the stars.

By the way, if you want to read some of the things kids have said, don't look up reincarnation. Just google "creepy things kids say" and start reading.

I to don't want to believe in reincarnation, that we have to go it over and over it again :o I like to believe there`s a heaven where we can stay :lol:

danydandan
44 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-558271/Can-really-transplant-human-soul.html

Seriously? An eight year old article from the dailymail?

docyabut2
8 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Seriously? An eight year old article from the dailymail?

Its a true article of people taking organs:)

danydandan
37 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Its a true article of people taking organs:)

In one celebrated case uncovered by Professor Schwartz's team, an 18-year-old boy who wrote poetry, played music and composed songs was killed in a car crash. A year after he died, his parents came across a tape of a song he had written, entitled, Danny, My Heart Is Yours.

In his haunting lyrics, the boy sang about how he felt destined to die and donate his heart. After his death, his heart was transplanted into an 18-year-old girl - named Danielle.

When the boy's parents met Danielle, they played some of his music and she, despite never having heard the song before, knew the words and was able to complete the lyrics.

Seriously?

But then again, modern biology has a guilty little secret: it has, as yet, no viable theory to explain how we store memories and how we produce consciousness.

Really?

Researchers have been able to trace memory down to the structural and even the molecular level in recent years, showing that memories are stored throughout many brain structures in the connections between neurons, and can even depend on a single molecule for their long-term stability.

https://www.livescience.com/32798-how-are-memories-stored-in-the-brain.html

Memories aren’t stored in just one part of the brain. Different types are stored across different, interconnected brain regions. For explicit memories – which are about events that happened to you (episodic), as well as general facts and information (semantic) – there are three important areas of the brain: the hippocampus, the neocortex and the amygdala. Implicit memories, such as motor memories, rely on the basal ganglia and cerebellum. Short-term working memory relies most heavily on the prefrontal cortex.

https://qbi.uq.edu.au/brain-basics/memory/where-are-memories-stored

How and why we developed consciousness hasn't been established as of yet. But it's clearly a result of our evolution, by that I mean we had to become more aware of our surroundings to better survive, we also had to become more self aware to become more aware of our surroundings. Thus this self awareness developed as a result of of being more aware of our surroundings, is our consciousness. It's all to do with survival of the fittest. In my opinion. How it happened is obviously up for debate, but why I think is self evident.

Edited by danydandan

docyabut2
48 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Seriously?

Really?

https://www.livescience.com/32798-how-are-memories-stored-in-the-brain.html

https://qbi.uq.edu.au/brain-basics/memory/where-are-memories-stored

How and why we developed consciousness hasn't been established as of yet. But it's clearly a result of our evolution, by that I mean we had to become more aware of our surroundings to better survive, we also had to become more self aware to become more aware of our surroundings. Thus this self awareness developed as a result of of being more aware of our surroundings, is our consciousness. It's all to do with survival of the fittest. In my opinion. How it happened is obviously up for debate, but why I think is self evident.

memory cells:)

• Haha 2

danydandan
2 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

memory cells:)

When I walk into a room sometimes I forget why....but in a minute or two I'll remember.

It's because my room memories are stored in my feet and it takes a few minutes for the memories to upload to my brain. Now I get it.

• Haha 1

psyche101
On 10/21/2018 at 6:12 AM, docyabut2 said:

That's not evidence. Schwartz is a parapsychologist, and he is claiming some anecdotes. We have actually filmed a memory being chemically stored which doesn't support his all over the body idea. 

Watch chemicals turn into memories - the first time this has ever been recorded.

docyabut2
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:08 PM, danydandan said:

When I walk into a room sometimes I forget why....but in a minute or two I'll remember.

It's because my room memories are stored in my feet and it takes a few minutes for the memories to upload to my brain. Now I get it.

To me it shows the Atheists only believe in a one life,  but Christians also  believe in only one life that go to heaven,  so I believe in Jesus :)

docyabut2
23 hours ago, psyche101 said:

That's not evidence. Schwartz is a parapsychologist, and he is claiming some anecdotes. We have actually filmed a memory being chemically stored which doesn't support his all over the body idea. 

Watch chemicals turn into memories - the first time this has ever been recorded.

I believe our lives go on in memory cells that go on from our ancestors and to our future future children's ,and our memory  lives go on and on.:)

Edited by docyabut2

psyche101
32 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

To me it shows the Atheists only believe in a one life, 

That's not a secret actually. 

And it makes this one existance more special knowing its all there is. 

32 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

but Christians also  believe in only one life that go to heaven,  so I believe in Jesus :)

You can run with what appeals to you but it doesnt make it true. I want a Ferrari, believing I should have one doesn't get me one. 

• Like 1

andrew.t

1)     War and disease - because I believe you can say they are connected. I imagine a war where no conventional weapons will be used but rather we'll have our drinking water infested. A      checmical/bilogical war.

Global Warming / natural disaster

Religion - religion itself will not end the world but religion beliefs and laws could heavily influence the outcome of a leader's decision

General Mortality

Capitalism

Other

2)     Yes of course I will play along with his requests. Just because I don't believe in that it does not mean I cannot just play the role and help him have a more comfortable death. It is more important to have him leave more peaceful than just my whatever beliefs are. I think I would be doing something good and that is more important right in that moment than my personal views on the matter.

3)     Don't know so many books, but I have recently read The Alchemist which I think could be a decent replacement for the bible. But I think the bible is not bad either.

4)     The days-long dream.

5)     Hmm, a tough one. But I would try not to make it a problem.

6)     I would not try to explain that because I do not know if there is realy is or not God or afterlife.

7)    Puppy dogs, cholcolate andof course the internet. I ike Elvis and Star Wars but not necessarily a big fan.

8)    :blink:

9)    I'm not sure... We are all one, maybe?

10)     I don't think I would do that. 

:rofl:

• Thanks 1