Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

MH370 found on Google Maps, claims man

Eldorado

A British tech sleuth believes he has found the wreckage of the missing MH370 plane on Google Maps.

Ian Wilson claims he has spotted the doomed jet, which vanished in 2014 with 239 people on board, lying in a high altitude area of the Cambodian jungle.

Full report: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/09/04/mh370-plane-spotted-in-cambodian-jungle-on-google-maps-man-claims.html

Cambodia dismisses reports of MH370 crashing in its jungle.
https://www.newkerala.com/news/read/42092/cambodia-dismisses-reports-of-mh370-crashing-in-its-jungle.html

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did the guy give coordinates? Or the specifics of the image he found on Google maps?

I couldn’t see anything like that in either article. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Did the guy give coordinates? Or the specifics of the image he found on Google maps?

I couldn’t see anything like that in either article. 

Nope. At least not that I can find.  :(   All he has is a photo and his credentials as a "google maps tech" apparently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eldorado said:

Nope. At least not that I can find.  :(   All he has is a photo and his credentials as a "google maps tech" apparently.

There are plenty of armchair investigators out there.

If he really cared, surely he’d screenshot and save all the image files, and then release the location/time/date etc. to be scrutinized by others. 

Cambodia isn’t the most honest country. 2016-now has been a bit rocky. For all we know, they could have people combing the area for debris.

Annoying!!!

• Like 3

Hmm!..I'm going to take this guys story / and or belief that he's found this plane with a grain of salt at this time.

One of the things that I'm dubious about, is the image of this particular air craft (on the google map) looks very well intact, except for only the gap between the tail and the rear end of the plane which may simply indicate blur. 

Hasn't it already been confirmed that one of the flaperons from the missing plane was found on a beach on Reunion Island.. including other pieces of possible debris which had been found on the African coast line and islands in the Indian Ocean ?..

Since he had mentioned that he is going to the area to locate this aircraft since believing he has found it...well, I hope we get to hear the follow up. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, seanjo said:

I doubt very much it is the wreckage of 370 and it is irresponsible to say so without a proper investigation.

Yes, as Timothy mentioned...there's plenty of 'armchair' investigators around.  

• Like 1

Yeah @Astra.,  French investigators confirmed that the flaperon was indeed from MH370. 

An incomplete serial number was enough to identify that the flaperon was from the aircraft. 

Same type of aircraft, and enough identifying digits to offer confirmation. Also, that no other similar aircraft had reported that they had lost the specific flaperon. Severe turbulence could cause the flaperon to dislodge. But it’s not critical for landing. 

So a budget airline could have suffered damage, although very unlikely that they would not report it. 

IMHO, the hull is at the bottom of the ocean somewhere. And it will be found with time. Whether that’s in our lifetime or the next.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, seanjo said:

boeing-777-200er-asiana-airlines-3d-model-animated-rigged-max-obj-3ds-lwo-lw-lws-hrc-xsi-dxf (1).jpg

Yes,  but why do we not have access to where he found his images.

Not to be crude, but that image could represent a large phallic member being grasped from either side by a small statured person. 

An aircraft? Maybe. MH370? Give us the details and we will have a better idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

That's the beauty of Google and YouTube and all the resit of it., Anyone can call themselves an expert or a "google maps tech" because they stare at their computer for sixteen hours a day. No qualifications necessary in the wonderful democratic world of facebook and Twitter! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, seanjo said:

boeing-777-200er-asiana-airlines-3d-model-animated-rigged-max-obj-3ds-lwo-lw-lws-hrc-xsi-dxf (1).jpg

that's it? Do us a favour. And does he think that no one else, such as any of the investigators, has been able to notice this until he has? 

• Like 1

And has anyone told the idiot that if a plane came down in the freakin' jungle, where there are very few places where a Boeing 777 would be able to put down in one piece, it would be extremely unlikely to still look like a Boeing 777 afterwards? Bloody idiot.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

And has anyone told the idiot that if a plane came down in the freakin' jungle, where there are very few places where a Boeing 777 would be able to put down in one piece, it would be extremely unlikely to still look like a Boeing 777 afterwards? Bloody idiot.

Yes, it's ridiculous. It's far to intact going by the google image in the article.

There was also this bit that makes far more sense --

Images from Google Maps show the outline of a large plane –

which could simply be an aircraft flying below the satellite which photographed it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Reminds me a lot of this video which I cam across just the other day, which claims (or quotes someone who claims) much the same, only this is at the bottom of the ocean: 

(ignore the obviously fake thumbnail.) 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

And has anyone told the idiot that if a plane came down in the freakin' jungle, where there are very few places where a Boeing 777 would be able to put down in one piece, it would be extremely unlikely to still look like a Boeing 777 afterwards?

Maybe it landed at a nearby airstrip, then taxied to a halt in the clearing. :P

• Haha 1

It reminded me a lot of that plane house in Oregon. Maybe someone has done similar in Cambodia, Doubtful though. As mentioned, there's no way a plane could 'land' pretty much intact in that type of terrain so I'd go with the 'pictured whilst flying' option.

sky-1.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tamsen said:

https://www.google.dk/maps/@12.1826951,103.7620052,2005m/data=!3m1!1e3

I found this after a few minutes on Google Maps. Could it be passing - would a crashed plane look like this? I have no idea. Leaving this for the detectives :)

It could well be.

It looks like you have a damn good chance of being promoted to senior manager of "google maps tech" at the rate you found that. Good googling! :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Tamsen said:

https://www.google.dk/maps/@12.1826951,103.7620052,2005m/data=!3m1!1e3

I found this after a few minutes on Google Maps. Could it be passing - would a crashed plane look like this? I have no idea. Leaving this for the detectives :)

Impossible to tell. It could also just be a plane flying over the area.

• Like 1

Show me a picture of plane debris along a five mile stretch of the Nullarbor Plain and I might believe it. This picture is just silly.

A plane house is a plane placed by cranes into a position. This is meant to allegedly be a Cambodian rainforest. So that rules that out. 

By the shape of the aircraft it is relatively intact which means survivors, so if it was near local villages or towns then the survivors would turn up, explain who they are and get help and we would know about it. 

The plane hitting a forest would be fairly obliterated, at least detaching the wings. 

If by some miracle it managed to land like some helicopter gently into a rainforest hundreds of miles from any life in one piece, then there is still the issue that this would be wild and untamed jungle that it is in and we have to remember that nature doesn't preserve human creations like a museum does, and so I feel that it would be covered over by vegetation, moss, vines and other green stuff to camouflage it a bit more than a bright shiny airplane in the middle of a jungle after being there near enough 4 or 5 years? 

Only answer for that image is that it is an airplane flying over the jungle at the time of the image being taken and makes it look closer to the ground than it is. 

But..... just for the sake of adding a conspiracy..... what if that image was taken at the very moment that MH370 went missing, and what we are seeing is it flying over Cambodia en-route to its final destination and so right plane, wrong landing place. Wouldn't that be a complete fluke of scientific probability!? haha

Incidentally.... he isn't revealing where the location of the aircraft in Cambodia is, because apparently there is a $54Million reward to anyone that discovers it, and he is planning to fly over to Cambodia with his brothers, charter a helicopter and go and check out the location for himself to see if it happens to be it. If it is, he hopes it makes him a multi-millionaire. If its not the MH370, he just paid a lot of money for a crappy vacation to a forest full of landmines! And apparently he is a video producer, so he hopes to document the entire adventure so he can get rich off the documentary too.... should it happen to be what he hopes it is! 

Edited by ExoPaul
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1