Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alcohol-induced blackouts leading to alcoholism

Althalus

Partial memory blackouts after drinking binges could contribute to future alcoholism, say researchers, because drinkers may fill in the blanks with rosy memories.

Experiments involving moderate alcohol intake showed that drinkers who had previously suffered partial memory loss had poorer memories than drinkers who had not. Questionnaires also revealed that the memory loss drinkers also had more optimistic attitudes about the effect alcohol had upon them.

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: Yahoo News

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• Bizarro

• emmy

• TheOracle

Top Posters In This Topic

what an idiotic study. they pay people for this kind of thing?

i can tell you that ive never suffered from 'rosy memories' when i had an alcohol induced blackout session... rather ive awoken in puddles of my own vomit on the bathroom floor and thought, "OMG, what a loser i am".

also, i shouldnt even go into the 'sexually attractive' delusions because i think ive already told the story of falling into the floor face first while i was trying to mack on a chick drunk. absolute humiliation.

alcohol induced blackouts? that's why ive learned NOT to drink.

Questionnaires also revealed that the memory loss drinkers also had more optimistic attitudes about the effect alcohol had upon them.

Don't know about the optimistic attitude thing. More like wishfull thinking

wink.gifbiggrin.gif