Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jet with sick passengers 'quarantined' in NY

Still Waters

An Emirates superjumbo in New York has been met by ambulances, police and disease control experts after passengers became unwell.

Dozens of vehicles surrounded the aircraft at JFK airport, with people on board reportedly coughing and feverish.

Experts from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention were also on the scene.

The plane - a double-decker Airbus A380 - arrived in New York from Dubai this morning.

An airline statement said: "Emirates can confirm that about 10 passengers on #EK203 from Dubai to New York were taken ill.

https://news.sky.com/story/emirates-jet-quarantined-at-jfk-airport-with-100-people-reportedly-sick-11490923

• Sad 1

and 9 refused medical attention.

They should not have been allowed off the plane. 

It does not say if they were Americans or 'tourists', but if they were 'tourists' ans refused, they should have been sent straight back to where they came from.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Give pandemics a chance! Peace&love, sista!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

I'm pretty sure this is how the first episode of Fringe started....

I was thinking "The Strain".

That plane landed at JFK too at the beginning of the book/show.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, aztek said:

how far did it spread in the show?

In the Strain?  It was a vampire making parasite.  Took over the world.  They launched nukes and caused a nuclear winter so they could be out all day, rounded up the surviving humans into blood farms, etc.   Ended when the protagonist detonates another nuke on the head vampire.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

In the Strain?  It was a vampire making parasite.  Took over the world.  They launched nukes and caused a nuclear winter so they could be out all day, rounded up the surviving humans into blood farms, etc.   Ended when the protagonist detonates another nuke on the head vampire.

lovely, one more reason to keep guns.

Just now, aztek said:

lovely, one more reason to keep guns.

Guns did sod all against the vampires. 

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Guns did sod all against the vampires. 

they worked great in Phantasm  lol

i bet no one tried to load shotshels with wooden stakes, bullets do not kill vamps. wooden stakes do

Edited by aztek
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, aztek said:

they worked great in Phantasm  lol

i bet no one tried to load shotshels with wooden stakes, bullets do not kill vamps. wooden stakes do

Depends on the mythology they’re using - some myths hold that all the stake through the hesrt does is effectively comatise them. You then need to decaptiate them.

There was Vanilla Ice on the plane.

"The rapper chronicled the events on Twitter, writing, “I just landed from Dubai and now there is [sic] like tons of ambulances and fire trucks and police all over the place.” The accompanying video shows him peering out of an airplane window.

He added that he was not on the affected floor of the double-decker plane. “Apparently there is [sic] over 100 people sick on the bottom floor, so happy I’m up top.”"

https://www.thewrap.com/vanilla-ice-was-on-board-that-quarantined-emirates-flight-from-dubai/

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eldorado said:

"The rapper chronicled the events on Twitter, writing, “I just landed from Dubai and now there is [sic] like tons of ambulances and fire trucks and police all over the place.” The accompanying video shows him peering out of an airplane window.

He added that he was not on the affected floor of the double-decker plane. “Apparently there is [sic] over 100 people sick on the bottom floor, so happy I’m up top.”"

https://www.thewrap.com/vanilla-ice-was-on-board-that-quarantined-emirates-flight-from-dubai/

Well that explains it.  He must have been practicing his singing and the people on the lower deck heard it.

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

This was one of my favorite stories to read this year.

The twitter responses were gold.

• Like 1

Does this mean we can finally have our Zombie Apocalypse now?

Hurry up, before Disney makes another Star Wars movie!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Apparently another assassination attempt on a beloved celebrity with knowledge of the Deep State conspiracy! This time though....they MISSED. Beware the ire of Vanilla Ice!

• Haha 1