Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Kavanaugh Hearing

Uncle Sam

33 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

You can't subpoena a president!  It is the law!  The founders understood that situations such as the current craziness would happen and shielded the office from the courts and left the duty of removing the executive to congress (both houses)   Congress and the senate must impeach and remove him from office and THEN  you can serve him a subpoena.  The reason  for this is so the government isn't continuously crippled and shut down by hysterics and crazies with nuisance lawsuits and spurious claims, people who simply can't accept losing an election nor admit their errors. 

You go from zero to 100 in a partisan second.  I never said you could, or you couldn't.  I'm not a judge.  I just said that it was ridiculous that you called EMM's statement ridiculous. Is it so ridiculous that he said Trump was appointing a self serving justice?  I don't think so.  You are really going off the rails lately.  Take a deep breath, it's a forum debate, bro.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Holy crap this is ridiculous even for you.  What do you base this ignorant and pathetic statement on?  What court case can you cite to back up your claim?

Well, at the time it was just heavily speculated. It's now more or less been confirmed by leaked documents and the hearings.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

5 hours ago, Merc14 said:

You can't subpoena a president!  It is the law!  The founders understood that situations such as the current craziness would happen and shielded the office from the courts and left the duty of removing the executive to congress (both houses)   Congress and the senate must impeach and remove him from office and THEN  you can serve him a subpoena.  The reason  for this is so the government isn't continuously crippled and shut down by hysterics and crazies with nuisance lawsuits and spurious claims, people who simply can't accept losing an election nor admit their errors. 

Yeah, you've claimed this before. Then I referred you to 

United States v. Nixon, 418 U.S. 683 (1974), was a landmark United StatesSupreme Court case that resulted in a unanimous decision against President Richard Nixon, ordering him to deliver tape recordings and other subpoenaedmaterials to a federal district court.

Then you disappeared and now you've come back making the same claims as though it didn't happen, which seems to bea real pattern with your claims. And you're even 'shouting' as well. That's always a sign that that person has a real winning argument.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Aren’t all judges appointed by presidents “very likely to be the deciding vote on whether or not the leader can be held responsible for crimes”? 

I guess that might be true, maybe. Not all of them have been appointed while the President is under investigation though (none of them I think), while being on the record as claiming that the President can basically do what he wants. He has even refused to answer whether or not he and the President have discussed the Russia investigation before his nomination. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Merc14 said:

kavanaugh-day-2-democrats.jpg

The doctrine of "Resistance" for its own sake means that self-criticism or even the most basic questions are beyond them now. 

For example; "Why are we doing this" never comes up, with horribly predictable results. 

#WalkAway.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

For example; "Why are we doing this" never comes up, with horribly predictable results. 

Well for me my ears perked up when I realized the government withheld hundreds of thousands of documents regarding Kavanaugh finally releasing 42k of them 15 hours before the hearings began.

• Like 1

California professor, writer of confidential Brett Kavanaugh letter, speaks out about her allegation of sexual assault
Earlier this summer, Christine Blasey Ford wrote a confidential letter to a senior Democratic lawmaker alleging that Supreme Court nominee Brett M. Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her more than three decades ago, when they were high school students in suburban Maryland. Since Wednesday, she has watched as that bare-bones version of her story became public without her name or her consent, drawing a blanket denial from Kavanaugh and roiling a nomination that just days ago seemed all but certain to succeed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/california-professor-writer-of-confidential-brett-kavanaugh-letter-speaks-out-about-her-allegation-of-sexual-assault/2018/09/16/46982194-b846-11e8-94eb-3bd52dfe917b_story.html

from comments in yahoo section.

Martha G. Kavanaugh, the mother of Brett Kavanaugh was a Maryland district judge in 1996. In an amazing coincidence, Martha Kavanaugh was the judge in a foreclosure case in which Christine Blasey-Ford’s parents were the defendants. Now it all becomes clear. Blasey-Ford is going after Brett Kavanaugh, not because of what he did in high school. Instead, Christine Blasey-Ford is going after Brett Kavanaugh out of spite and revenge for a case rulled on by Brett Kavanaugh mother. Martha Kavanaugh, Brett’s mother was Montgomery County Circuit Court judge from 1993 until she retired in 2001. During a 1996 foreclosure case, Martha Kavanaugh ruled against the parents of Christine Blasey-Ford in a foreclosure case. The foreclosure case against Paula K. Blasey and Ralph G. Blasey was opened on August 8, 1996. The case number is 156006V

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alumnae-christine-blasey-ford-apos-143943104.html

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, aztek said:

Yeah that's it its all a conspiracy :lol:

Reminds me very much of this article:

Republicans' new get-out-of-jail-free card

1537142256257.jpg

Dont like the facts? Invent a conspiracy!!! :tu:

• Like 2

too bad for you,, those are all real provable facts, sexual allegations are not realy, and pretty safe to say are bull sht,

so you just proved to be exactly what you calling out others for (wrongfully too)

Edited by aztek
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, aztek said:

too bad for you,, those are all real provable facts, sexual allegations are not realy, and pretty safe to say are bull sht,

so you just proved to be exactly what you calling out others for (wrongfully too)

:lol: Golden .........Grrr Trump good and honest , liberals bad and liar 

classic-caveman.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

like i said typical liberal, no merit, no point, no ideas, just blames, crying and complaining, and now posting irrelevant pictures. 

Edited by aztek
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, aztek said:

like i said typical liberal, no merit, no point, no ideas, just blames, crying and complaining, and now posting irrelevant pictures. 

You , rather predictably at this point, jumped in to defend the man with a conspiracy theory.

Thats not exactly a starting point for the sharing of ideas. Despite that I did share one idea with you, complete with a link to expound on it, the very factual idea that reality no longer matters to Trump supporters (no they dont earn the label conservatives, cuz yeah theyre not) because they believe or claim to believe any conspiracy proffered as long as it might somehow support "their side"

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Now she is claiming attempted rape.  Ridiculous and obviously a democrat last ditch smear attempt as teh woman has been silent fopr 36 years, mdoesn't remeber when or where it happened and can't name Kavanaugh's accomplice.  :rolleyes: Kavanaugh has denied it unequivocally and offered to testify in front of the Senate under oath.  Disgraceful behavior by the democrats, low by even their standards and anyone stupid enough to not see it for what it is isn't worth arguing with.  Let the woman testify under oath as well and this will backfire on the democrats big time.   

• Thanks 1

he should sue her right now, libel and slander, regardless if he gets confirmed or not,. no doubt it is a lie

Edited by aztek
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Now she is claiming attempted rape.  Ridiculous and obviously a democrat last ditch smear attempt as teh woman has been silent fopr 36 years, mdoesn't remeber when or where it happened and can't name Kavanaugh's accomplice.  :rolleyes: Kavanaugh has denied it unequivocally and offered to testify in front of the Senate under oath.  Disgraceful behavior by the democrats, low by even their standards and anyone stupid enough to not see it for what it is isn't worth arguing with.  Let the woman testify under oath as well and this will backfire on the democrats big time.   

Im pretty sure both are true.

Dirty politics by the Dems for hanging onto this for so long AND Kavanaugh totally comes across as a date rape kind of guy.

3 hours ago, aztek said:

OMG.... :rofl:

Okay, we can go into how this woman is a partisan anti-Trump hack who got a 2.9 proficiency rating from her own students  (they refer to her as "dark" and "depressing") or how she is now outnumbered 65-1 by other girls he went to High School with who say otherwise.... or any of a dozen other things that are probably nothing less than what she deserves for  engaging in the politics of personal destruction. 

However... 

One thing matters;  Dy Fy had this information in July

The hearings were in August.  They did nothing with this until now because they have nothing but a crap-fest that would be picked apart in a formal Hearing.... which is why this will never go before a hearing!

This is a delay tactic, it is psy-ops 101, and a desperate attempt to get a couple of RINOs to flip, and exchange their chance for re-election in exchange for a whole sack full of cash.

Trump's next move is obvious; nominate the most fanatical, Bible-thumping Redneck he can find.... and make sure she is from a minority.  :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AnchorSteam said:

Okay, we can go into how this woman is a partisan anti-Trump hack who got a 2.9 proficiency rating from her own students  (they refer to her as "dark" and "depressing")

This has been debunked The Latest Attack on Brett Kavanaugh's Accuser Christine Ford Just Backfired in a Spectacular Way

But there's an even bigger problem: The news report, which was picked up by the extremely influential conservative link aggregator the Drudge Report, wasn't even about the Christine Ford who has accused Kavanaugh of sexual assault. It was about another Christine Ford who also teaches in California.

The website has officially retracted the article, leaving this note: "We apologize for the error, but we've since learned there are two Christine Fords working in clinical psychology in California and we wrote this report about the wrong Christine Ford. We regret not going to greater lengths to ensure this was indeed the same Christine Ford. Please do not share this article with anyone (and if you have, delete it/withdraw it); we are only leaving the page up so you can see this important update. "

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 4

Funny how Ford set this all up in couples therapy in 2012 just to try to tank Kavanaugh's nomination 6 years later....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, aztek said:

Turns out that little conspiracy theory was dead on arrival:

Always eager to allege a vast, decades-long conspiracy, QAnoners pushed a theory that Ford was lashing out at Kavanaugh because his mother (also a judge) appears to have overseen a foreclosure case in the '90s involving Ford’s parents. But the trolls’ own screenshots of court dockets revealed that the elder Kavanaugh had ruled in favor of Ford’s family, killing the conspiracy upon arrival.

Nevertheless, the theory found its way to the pro-Trump blog America First Media (which is being sued for pushing wild conspiracies targeting the family of Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich). America First Media had previously paid for Facebook ads attacking Ford, and published this latest conspiracy about Ford’s family without noting its obvious flaws.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-internet-predictably-turns-into-a-god-awful-fever-swamp-following-the-kavanaugh-bombshell

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Show me an adolescent young boy who never made anything resembling improper advances on a pubescent young girl that were rebuffed and I'll show you a Saint or a Gay. No sexual contact actually occurred, no sexual assault, if the poor, fragile, delicate, traumatized little thing is remembering something that really happened and not some delusional, drug and hormone  induced, wishful fantasy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The letter:

I am writing with information relevant in evaluating the current nominee to the Supreme Court. As a constituent, I expect that you will maintain this as confidential until we have further opportunity to speak. Brett Kavanaugh physically and sexually assaulted me during high school in the early 1980s. He conducted these acts with the assistance of REDACTED.

Both were one to two years older than me and students at a local private school. The assault occurred in a suburban Maryland area home at a gathering that included me and four others. Kavanaugh physically pushed me into a bedroom as I was headed for a bathroom up a short stairwell from the living room. They locked the door and played loud music precluding any successful attempt to yell for help.

Kavanaugh was on top of me while laughing with REDACTED, who periodically jumped onto Kavanaugh. They both laughed as Kavanaugh tried to disrobe me in their highly inebriated state. With Kavanaugh’s hand over my mouth I feared he may inadvertently kill me.

From across the room a very drunken REDACTED said mixed words to Kavanaugh ranging from “go for it” to “stop.”

At one point when REDACTED jumped onto the bed the weight on me was substantial. The pile toppled, and the two scrapped with each other. After a few attempts to get away, I was able to take this opportune moment to get up and run across to a hallway bathroom. I locked the bathroom door behind me. Both loudly stumbled down the stairwell at which point other persons at the house were talking with them. I exited the bathroom, ran outside of the house and went home.

I have not knowingly seen Kavanaugh since the assault. I did see REDACTED once at the REDACTED where he was extremely uncomfortable seeing me.

I have received medical treatment regarding the assault. On July 6 I notified my local government representative to ask them how to proceed with sharing this information . It is upsetting to discuss sexual assault and its repercussions, yet I felt guilty and compelled as a citizen about the idea of not saying anything.

I am available to speak further should you wish to discuss. I am currently REDACTED and will be in REDACTED.

In confidence, REDACTED.

The FBI will find all the other people at the party and find out what happened.

55 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Funny how Ford set this all up in couples therapy in 2012 just to try to tank Kavanaugh's nomination 6 years later....

She named Kavanaugh in 2012?  No, she didn't, she didn't name anyone did she?    Tell us all what in Kavanaugh's past indicates this kind of behavior?  Why didn't she contact the police 36 years ago?  Why has she never come forward in any of his other hearings?   How do you justify believing this woman , who went from being locked in a room to attempted rape in two days?   The whole is disgusting and, frankly, so are you democrats for stooping to this level, you should be ashamed but we all know that is no longer possible is it?

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to [Merged] Kavanaugh Hearing
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was unlocked and unlocked