Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Kavanaugh Hearing

Uncle Sam

Why do people demand proof and links for every statement made here and blindly accept life changing charges with absolutely no proof at all?  Are we to suppose that women never lie?  That all men are leches?  Our entire system of justice is based on being able to prove one's accusations.  It's ironic that we think we can base the selection of judges on accusations that wouldn't stand up in court.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I am disturbed that all it takes is a very old allegation with zero proof to make half the nation decide someone is unfit for office.  I find it suspicious that Feinsten just decided to sit on this information until the last minute, you would think actions that make someone unsuitable for office would be among the first things revealed during a confirmation hearing.  Also I read this accuser's parents lost a large judgement that Kavanaugh's mother presided over, so possibly her whole family has some hatred towards Kavanaug's family.  Also that the alleged victim can remember no names except Kavanaugh's of what was at first four assaulters then two and that she contributes money to the DNC and is an anti-Trump activist.  Considering that there is no proof or old record that we are aware of, that an assault occurred this seems like a big nothing pie, and the so called victim is the one that seems suspicious.

In addition to the above what I find most troubling is that not a scintilla of corroborating evidence has been presented nor has a witness who knew the "victim" at the time who remembers her being distraught and describing the horrors that Kavanaugh unleashed on her way back when.  How many teenage girls wouldn't tell thier best friend about this life changing event?  She has absolutley nothing to offer but a dim memory of the evbent and an ever changing story. yet Robotic Jew believes her completely and immediately sees Kavanaugh, who has never been accused of anything like this, as a rapist and anyone who questions  this woman as evil.  As much as I love making people like RJ angry and upset it is scary how preprogrammed they are to this stuff, the accusation is enough if you are not to the left of Lenin.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Setton said:

Or that she knows what kind of abuse she would be in for not speaking out according to someone else's timetable. 

As we're seeing from the usual delightful characters here. 

Her age at that time, the no metomovement, the word of a female against a male, the status in sociaty of Her and the accused, the power of each family...all those need to be considered before someone accuses the alleged victim of not speaking out at that time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Setton said:

Thanks, I'll take that sainthood whenever you're ready. 

Of course, some of us call that basic decency and not being a ****. Shame it's something special to you. 

Over here, we call anything less, simply being human--and you're the one throwing the word "special" around. The woman I loved for thirty years before she died was gang-raped when she was fifteen. So, I have some small experience in dealing with a woman who, at times, displayed symptoms of PTSD. This farcical, thinly disguised attempt at character assassination doesn't impress me, at all and is quite disgusting. 

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Big Jim said:

Why do people demand proof and links for every statement made here and blindly accept life changing charges with absolutely no proof at all?  Are we to suppose that women never lie?  That all men are leches?  Our entire system of justice is based on being able to prove one's accusations.  It's ironic that we think we can base the selection of judges on accusations that wouldn't stand up in court.

In this new world of far left beliefs, all you need to ruin the life anf a man, who by all accounts is a good and decent person, is send a letter to democrat senator. No proof necessary, no details necessary, you don't even have to swear to the allegations, just a letter to old DiFi and your guilty.   Do you know this monster Kavanaugh kicked his mother in the stomach multiple times before he was born?  It's true, he is an abuser from way back to before birth

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

It seems to me that the time to have presented Ford’s letter would have been after Kavanaugh was confirmed and seated and right before the next session.  That would give the Progs more time to get more women in line to “come out” to force Kavanaugh to resign and that would create more delay.  But they didn’t because the original claim, doesn’t hold water.  This is clearly a last ditch effort of throwing dirt and seeing what you could get to stick.

• Like 2

Thread cleaned

Four pages of politically-oriented insults and derogatory personal remarks.

Keep it civil please folks.

• Thanks 2

I'm not saying don't believe women who come out years later with accusations of rape or other forms of violence perpetrated against them.  Get them all the help they need for goodness sake and if they have evidence or witnesses see that justice is done.  But to think that someone's life should be ruined due to an unsubstantiated accusation is wrong.  Especially someone who by all indications has led an exemplary life.  There just isn't any indication by examining Kavanaugh's life that this accusation should be believed.  Is there even one other complaint about his morals or behavior which can give any credence to these accusations?  I doubt that anyone that would rape a girl at a party would then go on to lead as unblemished a life as this guy appears to have. 

• Thanks 1

I'm still stuck on this; if they knew about this in July, then why didn't the Dems make this part of the Hearings?

Why the last-minute routine, again? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

I'm still stuck on this; if they knew about this in July, then why didn't the Dems make this part of the Hearings?

Because if they had there would have been time for an investigation prior to the confirmation hearings and it would likely have been cleared up and it wouldn't have the derailing effect that it is now having.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Because if they had there would have been time for an investigation prior to the confirmation hearings and it would likely have been cleared up and it wouldn't have the derailing effect that it is now having.

it should be delayed. For at least 2 years.

2 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Over here, we call anything less, simply being human--and you're the one throwing the word "special" around. The woman I loved for thirty years before she died was gang-raped when she was fifteen. So, I have some small experience in dealing with a woman who, at times, displayed symptoms of PTSD. This farcical, thinly disguised attempt at character assassination doesn't impress me, at all and is quite disgusting. 

Then I would have thought you of all people would at least consider a potential victim's claim, rather than dismiss it out if hand simply because you don't like her politics. 

I'm disappointed in you. But no longer surprised. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

What struck me as odd was that Grassley had a letter dated from Sept. 14 from 65 women from the Girl's school in question: https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-09-14 65 Women who know Kavanaugh from High School - Kavanaugh Nomination.pdf

Given the time it takes to gather and prepare such things, it makes me think that all the Senators were aware of this issue before the hearings even started.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

it should be delayed. For at least 2 years.

And if another Supreme Justice happens to drop off the perch 8 the meanwhile? They’re not springchickens, they’re ancient mayflies. The Supreme Court is already lacking one member, what’s the minimum number belfrevit becomes useless?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

I am disturbed that all it takes is a very old allegation with zero proof to make half the nation decide someone is unfit for office.  I find it suspicious that Feinsten just decided to sit on this information until the last minute, you would think actions that make someone unsuitable for office would be among the first things revealed during a confirmation hearing.  Also I read this accuser's parents lost a large judgement that Kavanaugh's mother presided over, so possibly her whole family has some hatred towards Kavanaug's family.  Also that the alleged victim can remember no names except Kavanaugh's of what was at first four assaulters then two and that she contributes money to the DNC and is an anti-Trump activist.  Considering that there is no proof or old record that we are aware of, that an assault occurred this seems like a big nothing pie, and the so called victim is the one that seems suspicious.

That conspiracy theory has already been debunked, The judge actually ruled in favour of the accuser's family.

7 minutes ago, aztek said:

turns out it is not that simple,  here is court papers,  see for yourself.

https://www.operationrescue.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Case-Information-Blasey-Forclosure.pdf

Did they really think we wouldn't find out?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

What struck me as odd was that Grassley had a letter dated from Sept. 14 from 65 women from the Girl's school in question: https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-09-14 65 Women who know Kavanaugh from High School - Kavanaugh Nomination.pdf

Given the time it takes to gather and prepare such things, it makes me think that all the Senators were aware of this issue before the hearings even started.

They may have been aware, or maybe they are becoming accustomed enough to these last minute smear tactics that they prepare ahead of time.  Kind of like taking a can of Off! with you when you go into a swamp.   Another related point that I'm curious about is how Feinstein's letter surfaced so quickly.  Kavenaugh was nominated July 9th.  The letter was received by Rep. Anna Eshoo and forwarded to Feinstein in July.  Whenever I've written to the government, whether to a Congressman or an agency, whether at my initiation or their request, it has taken 90 days to get a form letter response.  How did this letter, in a room full of mailbags each containing hundreds of letters, rise through the channels so quickly?  If it had come in with the general mail it probably wouldn't have even been opened in July.

looks like she granted plaintiffs motion, the plaintiff was UMLIC-EIGHT CORP A NORTH CAROLINA CORP .

so that makes her ruling against defendant, who were ford's parents

safe to say we just debunked false debunking

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, aztek said:

turns out it is not that simple,  here is court papers,  see for yourself.

https://www.operationrescue.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Case-Information-Blasey-Forclosure.pdf

So the accusers house was going to be foreclosed by Judge Michael Mason on 8/13/1996 and the Judge Kavanaugh overturned it on 2/4/1997?

Kitten is right.  She saved their house.....

Even found a Fox article saying the same thing: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/18/brett-kavanaughs-mother-is-judge-who-dismissed-foreclosure-action-against-accuser-fords-parents.html

Edited by Gromdor
added link
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

So the accusers house was going to be foreclosed by Judge Michael Mason on 8/13/1996 and the Judge Kavanaugh overturned it on 2/4/1997?

Kitten is right.  She saved their house.....

whether she saved it or not, is not what is disputed, she technically did rule against defendant. actually she did not save anything, she granted voluntary motion  to dismiss by plaintiff.

to be honest i also do not think it had anything to do with sex accusations, either way.

42087809_2224726007745302_31505746773200

Edited by aztek
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

So, no proof then? Just baseless made up conspiracy theories? Shouldn't expect anything else I guess...

Proof of a future prediction? No. I can’t even conceive how that would be possible.

It is based on factual recent history though. 

1 minute ago, aztek said:

whether she saved it or not, is not what is disputed, she technically did rule against defendant.

42087809_2224726007745302_31505746773200

Not seeing where she would hold a grudge then.

• The title was changed to [Merged] Kavanaugh Hearing
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was unlocked and unlocked