Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Kavanaugh Hearing

Uncle Sam

2 hours ago, Astra. said:

Well admittedly, I was no angel around that age either...and I'm still not :D..

Any kid that is ain’t doing it right. Well outside of raping other kids of course. 

• Like 1

It's all pure politics. The Left doesn't need evidence or proof--they feel politics trumps due process.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/20/opinion/kavanaugh-blasey-allegation-disqualify.html?rref=collection/sectioncollection/opinion

• Like 1

8 hours ago, and then said:

Rubbish!  If this man had made a habit of behaving in an immoral, sleazy manner toward women he never would have reached the heights he has in his career.  You really should read Dennis Prager's thoughts on this situation.  Essentially he argues that no culture or society on the planet work from the premise that a single act of stupidity in an adults childhood should be given enough weight to destroy them if the rest of their life has been productive, moral and beneficial to society.  There have NEVER been other accusations against this man.  NONE.  How would you like it if the worst thing you ever did as a youth was used to judge your entire life?

Well that's a lot to unpack.  My original comment was about his privileged upbringing, that it doesn't guarantee character one way or another.  I will read Dennis Prager. Thanks for the reference.

Last point first, no a person should not be judged an entire lifetime for youthful mistakes.   Generally mistakes need to be admitted and learned from in order to receive benefit from the experience.  In the case of harming another person, the right thing to do would be to apologize to that person. I'm not saying it needs to be open confession, it can be a personal experience.  In general, I think forgiveness depends on some remorse and contrition.  I don't think denial and defiance is the road.  So, in the case of most young people, that is the way of it.

Mr. Kavenaugh is yet to fall into this category.  We have not learned if he did anything at all. So it is a little premature to judge any of that.

As far as your extrapolation about his behavior,  I can't tell.  I think it is false to assume because he is there he must be innocent.   Think about Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, and Bill Clinton to name a few off the top of my head.  Being in a position of power is not a testament to character, or a condemnation of it.  So, because Bill Clinton was President, does that mean he wasn't an adulterer and womanizer? I don't think so.

Bottom line is this for me: I haven't become aware of the woman's story.  If it is factual, I doubt it will make much difference in the confirmation.   If it is true, he would have been a more honorable man if he had admitted the mistake and asked forgiveness.  That is what I would want my son to do, and I would stand by him. That would have made him an even better Supreme Court Justice.   I care less about conservative and liberal than honesty these days.  It is a rare commodity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another aspect to this is how Men & Women are driven apart by this #meToo campaign. Divide and Conquer, writ large.

Men are hesitating to go out to social functions with women, mentor them, or work with women at all due to the absolute power of False Accusations these days. This is from a month ago, before anyone had heard of Ford .... except for Senator Fineswine;

Is free association between men and women a thing of the past? Will a more Islamic social norm be the rule from now on?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AnchorSteam said:

Another aspect to this is how Men & Women are driven apart by this #meToo campaign. Divide and Conquer, writ large.

Men are hesitating to go out to social functions with women, mentor them, or work with women at all due to the absolute power of False Accusations these days. This is from a month ago, before anyone had heard of Ford .... except for Senator Fineswine;

Is free association between men and women a thing of the past? Will a more Islamic social norm be the rule from now on?

Only if you're too much of an idiot to understand concepts like consent. 

Apparently a lot here would be better avoiding women. Lucky women. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I had another.. fleeting.. idea... the Supreme Scramble. It involved a pit with several savage dogs, and a greasy pole in the center. 

Meh..... the animal rights people would grumble though. 

Yeah who knows what those poor dogs would catch from those swamp creatures :lol:

• Like 1

Just my 2 cents worth to add to the speculation about changing lifetime appointments for SC justices.  I would suggest that the term be the duration of the next two Presidential terms after the one who made the appointment is out of office.  That would make them anywhere from 9 years to 24 years and would tie them directly to the mood of the country.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

:lol: Such drivel.  Man people are broken

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Setton said:

Only if you're too much of an idiot to understand concepts like consent. 

Here's a couple for  idiots to work on getting a grip on;

- Innocent until proven guilty

- an unsubstantiated claim from a biased source does NOT equal guilt.

- Your political bias is not a good reason to overthrow the basis of our Justice system, and all three of Ford's Lawyers demands are very anti-Constitutional. 

IMHO, this whole thing is so fake it can only be a Nationalized example of Trolling, a deliberate attempt by the Far-Left to incite as much rage and hatred as possible among everyone in the US.

This story is now dead to me.

Do as you will, the verdict of history is not kind to fringe kooks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

IMHO, this whole thing is so fake it can only be a Nationalized example of Trolling, a deliberate attempt by the Far-Left to incite as much rage and hatred as possible among everyone in the US.

it certainly is looking that way.... when Ford was marching in a pink brain hat and chanting 
Science not Silence - what was Kavanaugh's job then ? and why was SHE silent for nearly
40 years?... 

I don't like it one little bit when women weaponize themselves and demean themselves for
political gain... it's a betrayal to genuine victims of abuse...

this whole Kavanaugh smear and the timing of it screams FAKE....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@bee  I suspect that it would take very little investigating to uncover some seriously unflattering facts about this woman's background and causes.  Sauce for the goose and all that...

eta:  and for those who will vilify me as a hater, when did the rule become that only one side can make salacious unsubstantiated accusations?  The only way this kind of garbage will stop is by evening the playing field and forcing these folks to understand that they are just as vulnerable to character assassination as those who they are attacking.  This will not be the case when a legitimate claim can be made WITH EVIDENCE.

Edited by and then
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, and then said:

eta:  and for those who will vilify me as a hater, when did the rule become that only one side can make salacious unsubstantiated accusations?  The only way this kind of garbage will stop is by evening the playing field and forcing these folks to understand that they are just as vulnerable to character assassination as those who they are attacking. 

So if only the victims would just shut up and take it we wouldnt have to attack their character ?

17 minutes ago, and then said:

This will not be the case when a legitimate claim can be made WITH EVIDENCE.

This is some sweetness right here. You do recognize that in a case like this even if she had gone to the cops that night there was no evidence right?

So from the moral guidance of and then : its fair game to attack any victim of sexual assault as long as the accused didnt leave DNA behind.......gotcha

Edited by Farmer77
  • Thanks 4

23 minutes ago, and then said:

I suspect that it would take very little investigating to uncover some seriously unflattering facts about this woman's background and causes.  Sauce for the goose and all that...

indeed... and that's why the Senate Committee should take a look at her deleted Facebook account 
(and any other social media accounts) ... discuss them in PRIVATE.... to decide whether this is a false accusation
or not...

sadly Kavanaugh's reputation and ability to do the job as SCOTUS has been dented even if he is cleared
of all accusations... for ever more democrats will bring it all up and use it against him..

I think another motive of the Democrats and their Backers in all this is to punish anyone closely connected
to the Trump Administration... a Mafia like warning that if you are close to the President or work for the
President you are Fair Game and they will go after you and get you on something if they can..

Like.... work for Trump at your peril.... warning

And they are so corrupt, mean and ruthless this could scare a lot of people off who could otherwise help Trump
and America...

Just now, bee said:

indeed... and that's why the Senate Committee should take a look at her deleted Facebook account 
(and any other social media accounts) ... discuss them in PRIVATE.... to decide whether this is a false accusation
or not...

I don't know how easy it would be to do this.... would the Social Media Companies give them without
a legal battle.... dunno

1 hour ago, bee said:

I don't know how easy it would be to do this.... would the Social Media Companies give them without
a legal battle.... dunno

There's no way they'd give it up without a warrant. She would probably become a very rich woman if they did

Looks like we have another swing and a miss:

The Washington Post reports Saturday that Christine Blasey Ford told them that Leland Keyser was at that high school party.

A GOP Judiciary Committee investigator contacted Keyser last Tuesday, saying Keyser had been "identified" as attending that party and wanted to talk to her. Committee spokesman Taylor Foy said Keyser's name "came up" in its investigation.

But in an email late Saturday, Keyser attorney Howard Walsh told the committee she "does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection" of ever attending a gathering with Kavanaugh.

That response seemed a setback to Ford supporters' efforts to corroborate her claim.

link

7 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

This is some sweetness right here. You do recognize that in a case like this even if she had gone to the cops that night there was no evidence right?

Perhaps not physical evidence, but all the questions of time and place and circumstances would have been known.  There would have been witnesses and everyone's memory would have been fresh.  There might also possibly been evidence of a struggle, such as scratches or bruises.  Timing does make a difference.  Would anyone wait 40 years to report that their car was stolen?

• Thanks 1

A tweet from the president that criticized Christine Blasey Ford for not going to the police in her teenshas inspired a second wave of Twitter revelations from some of the vanguards of the #MeToo movement. Alyssa Milano, who first brought focus to the #MeToo hashtag, kicked things off again by tweeting how she stayed silent about a sexual assault in her teens for decades. “I was sexually assaulted twice. Once when I was a teenager. I never filed a police report and it took me 30 years to tell me parents,” she wrote. “If any survivor of sexual assault would like to add to this please do so in the replies.” She followed up with the hashtag #WhyIDidntReport, and soon found herself joined by many fellow survivors.

Vulture

Worth the read for the members on here who are in dire need of enlightenment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/22/2018 at 10:26 AM, Hammerclaw said:

It's all pure politics. The Left doesn't need evidence or proof--they feel politics trumps due process.

As does the Right.   Look around the mud hole.  Its hard to tell which pigs are lefties and which are righties.  

13 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

As does the Right.   Look around the mud hole.  Its hard to tell which pigs are lefties and which are righties.  

Pigs are just animals--they can't help the way they are. People have no such excuse--and I've no use for liars, how ever they vote.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Pigs are just animals--they can't help the way they are. People have no such excuse--and I've no use for liars, how ever they vote.

That's good to hear, finding many honest people?  I think Diogenes used a lantern. 

Just now, Tatetopa said:

That's good to hear, finding many honest people?  I think Diogenes used a lantern. 

Hard to tell. Most decent folk keep their honesty to themselves.

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to [Merged] Kavanaugh Hearing
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was unlocked and unlocked