Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Kavanaugh Hearing

Uncle Sam

On 9/26/2018 at 10:13 PM, MissMelsWell said:

Yes. True. 

The republicans have done the same. Merrick Garland. 

One good turn deserves another so I really don't care that Fienstein sat on the information. That doesn't make the information any less valid or credible, It just makes it valid ,credible, and used strategically.

They should have picked an actual golden boy for the Supreme Court. Not a drunk who mistreats women. Ironically, if they wanted to avoid all this they should have picked Amy Coney Barrett. I'm guessing she's an actual girl scout.... as deplorable as I find her moral positions, she probably would have made it through the process. But no, Trump wants a "ringer" who will have his back, which is wrong on ALL levels. The Federalists didn't pick Kavanaugh initially for their list because they KNEW he was flawed. Turtle Boy McConnell knew he was deeply flawed too. But dumb-dumb  Donnie insisted on a guy who would have his back. BIG mistake. 

Actually, the whole thing is a ridiculous hail mary to keep Kavanaugh off of the Supreme Court...it has NOTHING to do with Sexual Assault...they simply MUST destroy the man...it is the only way they have of keeping Roe Vs. Wade from being overturned.  Abortion on Demand is EVERYTHING to the Left.  It is their Sacrament...it is their Religion.  And they are panicking...it's a sideshow, a smokescreen.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Wickian said:

Are they really that ignorant that they think what they're been doing has been helping them in the November election?  They've likely gone from a fighting chance at taking back the majority to a snowballs chance in hell.

I've read that polls were recently done, and the percentage of people that have "Kavanaugh news" burn out is increasing rapidly. By Nov people will openly groan if anyone even mentions this circus that's been going on.

10 hours ago, Wickian said:

Now we wait and see what methods the D's use to try and stall it past the next election.  I don't see the probe taking longer than a week given the complete absence of any kind of evidence or corroborating stories.

The way I heard it, Kavanaugh has dozens of witnesses that say the party never happened, including Mrs Ford's best friend at the time. Mrs Ford has no evidence at all other then her own memories. It seems all those who wanted to have been there, at the party, to back her up, have recanted once pressed for details.

• Like 2

Remember the allegations against Michael Jackson and that whole media circus.  Will they release doves into the air when Kavanaugh is found innocent?

16 hours ago, South Alabam said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Democratic Senators try to expand the scope of the investigation. Regardless, if it is a positive outcome for Kavanaugh, I see rejection by the Democrats anyway. Time will tell.

There's usually no point in giving in to Democrat demands. They won't reciprocate, but will just make more demands. Like giving money to a robber. All that is going to do is encourage the aggressive demands.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, South Alabam said:

O.K. They are going to ask Trump for an FBI investigation into the alleged sexual I

If the FBI doesn't find anything significant.... It will be called FIXED by the left. I wonder how "professional" the FBI will be considered then, by the far left. And if they will be defending the FBI with as much fierceness as they did after Comey got fired?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

There's usually no point in giving in to Democrat demands. They won't reciprocate, but will just make more demands. Like giving money to a robber. All that is going to do is encourage the aggressive demands.

The Democrats feel as if the country is theirs by right and it's only a matter of time before those with conservative values die out or are shamed into silence.  You are 100% correct when you say they will never reciprocate common decency towards political opponents.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

If the FBI doesn't find anything significant.... It will be called FIXED by the left. I wonder how "professional" the FBI will be considered then, by the far left. And if they will be defending the FBI with as much fierceness as they did after Comey got fired?

I think it's more likely they'll focus on the short turn around than their professionalism. With Trump demanding it's done in a week he's left a perfect opening to say any investigation is rushed and not taken seriously. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Setton said:

I think it's more likely they'll focus on the short turn around than their professionalism. With Trump demanding it's done in a week he's left a perfect opening to say any investigation is rushed and not taken seriously. 

A week should be plenty of time for this. It's not a criminal investigation needing an airtight case in under a week. The Anita Hill investigation ordered by Bush in the 90s for example took 3 days.

The FBI were looking to interview one of the other accusers as early as Friday night, so they're not wasting any time.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

A week should be plenty of time for this. It's not a criminal investigation needing an airtight case in under a week. The Anita Hill investigation ordered by Bush in the 90s for example took 3 days.

The FBI were looking to interview one of the other accusers as early as Friday night, so they're not wasting any time.

Any FBI investigation is going to be tainted by desire to keep Kavenaugh off of the Court.

Look what the Deep State FBI did to Trump. Why would we expect anything different with Kavanaugh?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, joc said:

Any FBI investigation is going to be tainted by desire to keep Kavenaugh off of the Court.

Look what the Deep State FBI did to Trump. Why would we expect anything different with Kavanaugh?

So basically, whatever your law enforcement concludes, half the country won't accept it. 

God, you've seriously ****ed up your country somewhere along the way. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Setton said:

So basically, whatever your law enforcement concludes, half the country won't accept it. 

God, you've seriously ****ed up your country somewhere along the way. 

The Deep State has done that... it is important to understand, that the left of this era has its roots in Moscow.   Everything that is being played out by the left has its roots in Moscow.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joc said:

The Deep State has done that... it is important to understand, that the left of this era has its roots in Moscow.   Everything that is being played out by the left has its roots in Moscow.

Thank you for clearing all that up for us.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, joc said:

Apropos Moscow... The FSV or whatever the KGB is calling itself this week has just come out and called Ford a CIA agent and part of a CIA plot to destablise the Trump regime. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, joc said:

Yeah, yeah, we get it. Its all the other side's fault. And I'm sure anyone on the far left would say it's all the rights fault. 

THAT'S where the problem is. You've convinced yourselves that everyone who doesn't agree with you is an enemy. 

• Like 2

Yeah...it's nothing like the bitter rivalry over Brexit. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Yeah...it's nothing like the bitter rivalry over Brexit. 

It... really isn't. 

We can still agree with people on some political ideas even if we differ on brexit. Come on over to the UK boards. You'll find me arguing with one person over Brexit but backing them on other issues. We don't divide our country in half on every issue because of it. 

Maybe it's just that you've got more practice hating each other and we'll get there too. I hope not. 

Edited by Setton
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Setton said:

It... really isn't. 

We can still agree with people on some political ideas even if we differ on brexit. 

Maybe it's just that you've got more practice hating each other and we'll get there too. I hope not. 

I read UK news almost every day. I also read the threads here on Brexit. They get so nasty sometimes I wonder how they stay open.

I don't hate anyone. We have a very eclectic group of friends and acquaintances who mostly all get along extremely well together.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Setton said:

Yeah, yeah, we get it. Its all the other side's fault. And I'm sure anyone on the far left would say it's all the rights fault. 

THAT'S where the problem is. You've convinced yourselves that everyone who doesn't agree with you is an enemy. 

No, the Deep State is both Republican and Democrat... The Establishment...

• Like 1

Just now, joc said:

And where do aliens and Bigfoot come into it? Or are the Reptilians the aliens and control the Deep State? 

The Queen controls it all though, right? Or is it Charles now, I can never keep up.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, joc said:

People just do not believe the deep state is real. These are people whether in power or out of power, yet still powerful in their own right trying to unseat Trump's Presidency. Several Congressman have said "it is real."

But the common Joe knows better than the people in government who say "it is real." Must be a conspiracy theory. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Apropos Moscow... The FSV or whatever the KGB is calling itself this week has just come out and called Ford a CIA agent and part of a CIA plot to destablise the Trump regime. 

No no, Ford is not a CIA Agent. She only runs their program over at Stanford, in charge of screening people who want to join the CIA.

So, no possible connection with the CIA, she just works for them.

Then again, maybe they are the ones that taught an accomplished  51 year-old woman to sound as if she is still a 15 year-old girl while giving testimony.

That upwards lilt at the end of every sentence was kinda creepy... 

Bill O'Reilly had several allegations against him.  Perhaps his opinion might be interesting.  He makes some very good points.

Edited by Aaron2016

1 hour ago, Aaron2016 said:

Bill O'Reilly had several allegations against him.  Perhaps his opinion might be interesting.  He makes some very good points.

:D Hold on while I spend any time listening to a guy with multiple sexual accusations made against him, for which he's spent millions trying to make go away and lost a lucrative career because they were undoubtedly true.

He wouldn't be any less credible if he was filming from a prison cell.

• Thanks 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked