Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Uncle Sam

[Merged] Kavanaugh Hearing

991 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Tatetopa
28 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Why didn't she come forward when he was made a Federal Judge years ago?

Why didn't she speak up or get noticed during ANY of the Six previous background checks the FBI ran on this guy over the decades?

The world wonders....  ;)

Good questions, but reading much lately, you find many adults testifying against priests for molestation that happened almost that long ago.  Victims of incest also come forward years later.  Some women are quoted as saying there is a stigma about reporting these incidents.  A first reaction is victim blaming, accusing them of lying or being at fault. It is not a negation of the truth of the story. 

 

I have no clue whether Kavenaugh did or did not commit this particular act.  If the facts come out, we will know. If not we never will and it will be forgotten.  The Republicans are right though in this instance, it won't matter much. He will be confirmed I believe.  He is an aristocrat of course, one of the elite. It is highly unlikely any of this would stick to him.  That too says nothing about his character or what he does, just a fact of his social position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
9 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

She didn't just come out of the woodwork.  She was receiving therapy.

I'm already aware of the 'therapy'...it was back in 2012. Iv'e already covered that in a previous post. So why didn't she report it back then ?.....I simply find her timing now / recently as to report this 'decades old event' as being odd...especially in light of Kavanaugh's pending appointment to the supreme court.

9 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

 I know numerous women who were attempted to be raped, and didn't say anything.  Coworkers, friends.  My wife was raped in college and didn't come forward.

I understand that many, many women go without reporting such incidences because of fear and / or other reasons. I'm sorry to hear about your wife's dreadful experience, and it's a shame that she did not report it at the time. Nevertheless, I think that every case is different concerning the victim(s) and the perpetrator(s) as where rape / and or types of other sexual assault is involved. It's a case by-case-basis of taking into account the individuals circumstance when such a thing has been reported.

9 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

 But, when you see a person that will affect the rights of Americans for generations to come, will that not make you come forward?

Again, I just find her timing of reporting this somewhat interesting. That's whats mainly bugging me. 

9 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

 People can shame victims all they want, but they cannot silence them.

I'm certainly not shaming any victim(s). In this woman's particular case tho, there needs to be many questions asked. Time will tell I suppose since she decided to open up this can of worms from decades ago.

Also, has this man done anything like this before in his past...such as any other reports of rape / sexual assault / general lewd behaviour and misconduct towards women ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MissMelsWell
8 minutes ago, Astra. said:

 

Also, has this man done anything like this before in his past...such as any other reports of rape / sexual assault / general lewd behaviour and misconduct towards women ? 

IT DOES NOT MATTER. It's not like you get a free pass to try and rape a woman at least once to see if you like it and decide whether you want to do it again.  It's a CRIME.  Jesus. 

Edited by MissMelsWell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77

This is a potentially telling piece of information:

 

Quote

Ed Whelan began researching Brett Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford even before her name was published, the Washington Post reported Friday. While Whelan has denied communicating with anyone in the White House about his now-deleted Twitter thread speculating that Christine Blasey Ford was assaulted by someone other than Kavanaugh, The Post reports Ford noticed Whelan looking at her LinkedIn and emailed an associate about it. That email was sent “about 90 minutes after The Post shared her name with a White House spokesman and hours before her identity was revealed.” A White House spokesman told the newspaper that neither Kavanaugh nor anyone at the White House gave Ford's name to Whelan. Whelan, Kavanaugh's close friend, did not respond when the newspaper asked how he first learned of Ford's identity.

So somehow Kavanaufgh's close friend just coincidentally happened to be looking at Ford's LinkedIn profile before her name went public? Hmmmmmmm

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I dont ever think about John Elway, every once in a while however "the Drive" will be played on some sports channel and my heart is ripped out like I was 9 years old all over again.  (an American football reference)

I imagine its the same with these victims (assuming they actually are) coming forward as the men who they are accusing gain national prominence and are splattered across the news 24/7

I'm not aware of that particular case. It's becoming quite common tho, where those who are high profile have been accused of sexual assault / misconduct etc... 

In some cases it's a slippery slope, as without proper evidence of such accusation (witnesses, more women coming forward etc..)...it ends up in a tid for tad scenario...as in accuser and denier. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
Just now, Astra. said:

I'm not aware of that particular case. It's becoming quite common tho, where those who are high profile have been accused of sexual assault / misconduct etc... 

In some cases it's a slippery slope, as without proper evidence of such accusation (witnesses, more women coming forward etc..)...it ends up in a tid for tad scenario...as in accuser and denier. 

Oh I definitely agree that each case should be taken on its merits and fully investigated prior to making a decision. My point was I can understand how the sudden appearance of someone in the 24/7 news cycle could inspire people to speak out when they wouldnt have otherwise.

I was just about to post this I came across:

Sexual Assault Survivors Share #WhyIDidntReport in Response to Trump's Ignorant Attack on Ford

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MissMelsWell
12 hours ago, OverSword said:

What's unfortunate?  Worst case scenario, suppose this incident did happen.  You have a case of a teenager with out of control hormones not raping anyone at the age of fifteen and then by all accounts living an exemplary life.  So obviously you feel he is a poor choice for the supreme court.  Why?  Honestly I want to know.

Disappointed here Jon. Did you know that Sharon had pretty much the exact same thing happen to her at a party when we were Sophomores? There were two other guys in the room who didn't do a DAMN thing about it. The ONLY reason it stopped was because he tried to take his pants off (after he'd removed hers) and she got away.  I was at that party. I drove her home. I forgot about it for 35 years ... she's lived with that every day of her life, she reminded me of it when we went to Las Vegas this past May. She was CRYING, she hadn't told anyone until recently. Having a 15 year old daughter who is vulnerable to this kind of thing brought it out and to the surface for her. We spent a part of that evening in Vegas trying to figure out where it happened and trying to remember who else was in the room (we remembered one other guy we both remember being in the room, but the other two we couldn't be sure of), we tried to remember whose house it was, but honestly we couldn't pin the house or party down, but did remember it was in Fall because it was after a football game. We only have a guess as to whose house it was.

This **** HAPPENS. It's DEVASTATING. No man whose done this to a woman should sit on the Supreme Court. I have no doubt he did do it. It's consistent with her reaction and it's consistent with the experiences many many women have had. Especially women in our era. 

I'm LIVID at how Dr. Ford is being treated and I'm LIVID this man will likely sit in judgement of my rights and my daughters right and your sisters and your nieces. 

Neither you nor your bothers would have EVER attacked a woman like that. YOUR raging hormones never got the better of you.  That is a BULLCRAP excuse for attempted rape.  



 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats

You’re right IF he’s guilty he’s a ****.

the only way to prove his guilt however is via trial. Which is something DrFord is studiously avoiding at the moment, in fact, she avoiding any form of legally binding commentary on the matter. Which you have to admit is odd. 

If she’s getting death threats you get protection as a witness by making a statement to police. 

 

So instead, we have a case of “she said, he’s silent” supported by a political apparatus that is actively trying to disrupt the governance of America. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

the only way to prove his guilt however is via trial. Which is something DrFord is studiously avoiding at the moment, in fact, she avoiding any form of legally binding commentary on the matter. Which you have to admit is odd. 

Its only odd for folks who dont remember what happened to Anita Hill or the fact that even without testifying she has had a deluge of death threats.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Its only odd for folks who dont remember what happened to Anita Hill or the fact that even without testifying she has had a deluge of death threats.

And how does one protect oneself from death threats? Witness Protection perhaps? How does one get witness protection? By giving testimony about a crime. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

And how does one protect oneself from death threats? Witness Protection perhaps? How does one get witness protection? By giving testimony about a crime. 

It was reported that Ford's lawyer was asking for certain conditions before they would commit to testifying, im assuming that is one of them with the other having to be something on decorum during the testimony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
Just now, Farmer77 said:

It was reported that Ford's lawyer was asking for certain conditions before they would commit to testifying, im assuming that is one of them with the other having to be something on decorum during the testimony.

Or it could be the condition that Kavanaugh be fired out of a cannon into a pool of piranha if found guilty. It’ll be rejected, obviously, and they can go “well, the justice system is corrupt, they rejected our request so the lying rapist goes Scott free” without Ford having to testify and face potential purjury charges if she lies.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MissMelsWell

You want to know another reason women don't come forward? It's because they're ARE treated like crap when they do. 

I have another friend who 7 years ago was raped by a Seattle cop. When the rape concluded, she managed to call a friend of hers to come over immediately... when he arrived, he crossed paths with the cop as he was leaving her house, who told him "Your little friend is a drunk and whore". 

She BEGGED our friend not to call the police, after all, a cop from her neighborhood had done this, and, he told her he could do what he wanted because she was drunk. She told me and another couple friends and BEGGED us not to tell anyone and we didn't. Over the next year, her drinking escalated to the point where we had to intervene. At that point, as part of her recovery, she FINALLY reported him like 18 months later. After several interviews, guess what happened? They forced the cop to retire with his full pension. He STILL drives by her house and taunts her. One night he stole her dog, and then returned it a few hours later with a noose looped around its neck. 

This is the **** women deal with. This is how we are treated. 

I'm currently involved in an ongoing groping case. Me, and three other women were groped at a nightclub 4 years ago. We called the police but they refused to do anything about it. They wouldn't even take the report. We took matters into our own hands and started talking to EVERYONE about it... all over social media, we convinced people to boycott shows his band was playing at... we have been VERY VERY loud. He tried to take us to court and get an anti-harassment order and tried to give us criminal records for talking. We represented ourselves when he sued us for harassment, and we WON. The judge believed us and even went out of his way to write on the judgement that we had a FIRST AMENDMENT right to talk about it all we want to. 

Now, this man is calling the police and making false reports that we're inciting death threats against him on social media. Which is not true. Hes filed two false police reports against us and we managed to prove that was false (he pulled the social media posts from pages and people and posts that had nothing to do with him at all) Then, interesting enough, the police lost report and all the 911 calls he made. Now we're engaged in a battle with the police department and public records requests. 

The point is ... this is systemic. Dr. Ford is NOT lying. 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
3 hours ago, Astra. said:

I think it's unfortunate that this woman has only now come forward and accused this man of sexual assault some 30+ years ago...when so far her claim looks rather flimsy ie; (another he said..she said scenario) Why did she wait so long to spill the beans..why wasn't this reported decades ago ?..

As I have mentioned previously, I'm feeling 50/50 about this. Is it that she is still very traumatised by this said event...or did she use it more as just a political ploy as to simply slur the mans reputation ?...(which no doubt she already has)..

Quite honestly, I'm wondering what she was doing in a room with two older teenage boys anyway...was she also intoxicated at the time?  Maybe Iv'e missed something ?....I don't know...too many grey area's in this particular case so far.

Yes, I understand that. I'm also not condoning what may have taken place. Again, my question is why did she put herself in the position of being alone with two older teen boys...in a room...at a party.

No, I don't think anything of the sort in whether he is a poor choice or not for the supreme court. If somehow, it turns out that he's lying tho, then it wont look too good for him. I just want to know why she came out of the woodwork decades later to report this alleged groping and amorous behaviour from (at the time) a drunken 17 yr old.

When I think of some of the things I was up to at that age...... this seems like such BS

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Or it could be the condition that Kavanaugh be fired out of a cannon into a pool of piranha if found guilty. It’ll be rejected, obviously, and they can go “well, the justice system is corrupt, they rejected our request so the lying rapist goes Scott free” without Ford having to testify and face potential purjury charges if she lies.

 Fair enough....I guess...

Have you noticed that , just generally, the defense of Trump or anyone he surrounds himself with kinda always depends on allowing the mind to assume that anyone opposing him is the most extreme version of evil to ever walk the earth?

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MissMelsWell
13 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

You’re right IF he’s guilty he’s a ****.

the only way to prove his guilt however is via trial. Which is something DrFord is studiously avoiding at the moment, in fact, she avoiding any form of legally binding commentary on the matter. Which you have to admit is odd. 

If she’s getting death threats you get protection as a witness by making a statement to police. 

 

So instead, we have a case of “she said, he’s silent” supported by a political apparatus that is actively trying to disrupt the governance of America. 

It's not a TRIAL. A trial happens in a court of law. Maryland has no statute of limitations, she could file with them but it's unlikely they'd pursue it. 

This is a JOB INTERVIEW and character reference on Kavanaugh... he doesn't have to be guilty or innocent... SHE only has to be CREDIBLE, and she is.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
Just now, Farmer77 said:

 Fair enough....I guess...

Have you noticed that , just generally, the defense of Trump or anyone he surrounds himself with kinda always depends on allowing the mind to assume that anyone opposing him is the most extreme version of evil to ever walk the earth?

 

Conversely, doesn’t it seem odd that the language used to describe Trump always seems to portray him as the most extreme sort of cockwomble to ever walk the Earth?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
Just now, MissMelsWell said:

It's not a TRIAL. A trial happens in a court of law. Maryland has no statute of limitations, she could file with them but it's unlikely they'd pursue it. 

This is a JOB INTERVIEW and character reference on Kavanaugh... he doesn't have to be guilty or innocent... SHE only has to be CREDIBLE, and she is.

No, her testimony needs to be credible, and judging by the conversation thus far, it’s not.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MissMelsWell
3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

When I think of some of the things I was up to at that age...... this seems like such BS

I'm pretty sure you never attempted to rape anyone. But, I suppose I could be wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
6 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Conversely, doesn’t it seem odd that the language used to describe Trump always seems to portray him as the most extreme sort of cockwomble to ever walk the Earth?

No because there is 40+ years of public evidence pointing in that direction, going way back long before he was an alleged "conservative" for the media to hate.

Thats actually something that im continually dumbfounded by. People act like its a shock that a man who has been a KNOWN pathological liar for decades, who actually pretended to be someone else multiple times on the phone to brag about "trump" and how great he is, a guy who swindled old people and the financially vulnerable, a guy who has been in soft porn and on reality TV and a guy who is so shady that US banks quit doing business with him is generating bad headlines.

There is no need for a conspiracy, no need to blame political bias, this is just who he is.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnchorSteam
3 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

No, her testimony needs to be credible, and judging by the conversation thus far, it’s not.

Thus all the delays. It takes a lot of coaching to turn an amateur into a professional actress. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MissMelsWell
2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

No, her testimony needs to be credible, and judging by the conversation thus far, it’s not.

Wow. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw

Kavanaugh is not to be present. No lawyers are to be present. No special council to ask questions, only senators. Kavanaugh is suppose to speak first in his own defense, without hearing her charges against him or even knowing the year and location the alleged offenses are claimed to have occurred. She also wants to drive across country to the interview, taking her own sweet time, apparently unconcerned about all the alleged assassins who'll surely dog her trail. Oh, also she and her legal team was scheduled to headline a Democratic fundraiser in a few weeks until the media got whiff of it whereupon they opted out. Yeah, the poor traumatized little thing has certainly a lot on her plate.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
48 minutes ago, MissMelsWell said:

Disappointed here Jon. Did you know that Sharon had pretty much the exact same thing happen to her at a party when we were Sophomores? There were two other guys in the room who didn't do a DAMN thing about it. The ONLY reason it stopped was because he tried to take his pants off (after he'd removed hers) and she got away.  I was at that party. I drove her home. I forgot about it for 35 years ... she's lived with that every day of her life, she reminded me of it when we went to Las Vegas this past May. She was CRYING, she hadn't told anyone until recently. Having a 15 year old daughter who is vulnerable to this kind of thing brought it out and to the surface for her. We spent a part of that evening in Vegas trying to figure out where it happened and trying to remember who else was in the room (we remembered one other guy we both remember being in the room, but the other two we couldn't be sure of), we tried to remember whose house it was, but honestly we couldn't pin the house or party down, but did remember it was in Fall because it was after a football game. We only have a guess as to whose house it was.

This **** HAPPENS. It's DEVASTATING. No man whose done this to a woman should sit on the Supreme Court. I have no doubt he did do it. It's consistent with her reaction and it's consistent with the experiences many many women have had. Especially women in our era. 

I'm LIVID at how Dr. Ford is being treated and I'm LIVID this man will likely sit in judgement of my rights and my daughters right and your sisters and your nieces. 

Neither you nor your bothers would have EVER attacked a woman like that. YOUR raging hormones never got the better of you.  That is a BULLCRAP excuse for attempted rape.  



 

Did you have to use my name?

MMW I’m not trying to minimize anything that went on. I’m saying there’s no proof and if that’s the most dirt that can be found on this guy it’s not enough to stop the appointment. I don’t know anything about his personal politics but am against ruining someone’s reputation over hearsay. And really examine how this all came out. They had her letter for months and wait until he’s all but swore in before bringing this out and after a ton of other BS stunts (Spartacus, seriously?) Sorry but this is bull ****. Man Could you imagine if I ran for office? I’m an alright person I hope you might agree, but think of the crap they could unleash. Plus MMW I’m not the one mowing my grass in suspenders and a two can beer drinking construction hat

:D

Edited by OverSword
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MissMelsWell

You men are being boorish, disgusting and ya... DEPLORABLE. Even given that, I hope no one ever tries to rape you. Or, anyone you love for that matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.