Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Farmer77

Resistance From Inside Trump Admin

616 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Farmer77

This is a stunning op-ed written by a Trump insider.

Quote

President Trump is facing a test to his presidency unlike any faced by a modern American leader.

It’s not just that the special counsel looms large. Or that the country is bitterly divided over Mr. Trump’s leadership. Or even that his party might well lose the House to an opposition hellbent on his downfall.

The dilemma — which he does not fully grasp — is that many of the senior officials in his own administration are working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.

I would know. I am one of them.

To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.

 

Quote

There is a quiet resistance within the administration of people choosing to put country first. But the real difference will be made by everyday citizens rising above politics, reaching across the aisle and resolving to shed the labels in favor of a single one: Americans.

The fall out from this should be amazing to watch.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77

Bookies place odds on anonymous WH official

Quote

Vice President Mike Pence – and “the field” – lead offshore bookmaking picks as the White House mole behind the anonymous bombshell New York Times op-ed blasting President Trump.

Pence was listed at 2-to-3 odds on the site MyBookie as the fifth column official who claims to be working behind the scenes to stop some of Trump’s policies that they find wrongheaded.

The biggest favorite, at 1-3 odds, is “the field,” someone not listed among the 18 administration officials listed by the Costa Rica-based operation.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1

Trumpers will immediately dismiss it as "fake news" since the author is anonymous, though Woodward's recent book backs up most of the claims. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toast

For me as a foreigner, this quote sums it up well:

Quote

The bigger concern is not what Mr. Trump has done to the presidency but rather what we as a nation have allowed him to do to us. We have sunk low with him and allowed our discourse to be stripped of civility.

NYT

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
15 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

You know how there's been clamour for anyone from, say, RT to register as a "Foreign Agent" because they're working for a propaganda organ of a foreign and hostile power? Well, surely the same ought to apply to the N.Y. Times and Washington Psot and CNN and all the rest of them, since they're nothing but propaganda outlets for this campaign, instigated by the sour grapes losers of the "Democratic" Party, to overthrow an elected President. If these, the so-called "News" outlets, aren't agents of a hostile power I don't know what is. 

Yes how dare they report things? Terrible of them to give Government Officials a mouthpiece to inform the American people of whats happening in their White House. :rolleyes:

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad the Mighty
2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Yes how dare they report things? Terrible of them to give Government Officials a mouthpiece to inform the American people of whats happening in their White House. :rolleyes:

 

what is happening in the White House? Has the Dictator done any or all of the following:

  • Abolished opposition parties;
  • Abandoned the normal process of elections and declared himself Dictator for Life;
  • Introduced internment or "re-education" camps for opponents of the Regime;
  • Used the military to attack protests against the Regime, including the use of Lethal Force; 
  • Closed down the opposition media so that the public only gets its information from official state outlets ?

Get back to me when he has done. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
Just now, Vlad the Mighty said:

what is happening in the White House? Has the Dictator done any or all of the following:

  • Abolished opposition parties;
  • Abandoned the normal process of elections and declared himself Dictator for Life;
  • Introduced internment or "re-education" camps for opponents of the Regime;
  • Used the military to attack protests against the Regime, including the use of Lethal Force; 
  • Closed down the opposition media so that the public only gets its information from official state outlets ?

Get back to me when he has done. 

Nah see the whole point of being vigilant as our founding fathers demanded is so we dont get that far.

Kinda the same concept behind putting the kid who is killing all the neighborhood pets into counseling before he goes full Dahmer.

 

There have been a surprising number of moves which touch on your list though. From his enemy of the people/fake news/ only believe me, to his admin's attempted hiding of exculpatory evidence which killed the  case against the J20 protesters, to his attempts at using the DOJ for political purposes. There is real reason for concern.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind

People look at this headline and assume it's bad for the right. The opposite is true. According to most recent polls, Trump's approval rating is at its lowest ever and Dems have a +14 lead going into the midterms. This oped is damage control. It's the administration saying to those disillusioned Republicans who might not vote because of Trump 'look, we know we all ****ed up, but we're riding out the storm. Be there for us in a couple of months and we'll weather it together'.

That the 'liberal', 'failing' NYT would post a Republican call out to its constituents flies in the face of all the bias allegations. If Trump's base can temper their rage at the headline for long enough to get read the article, then they would see the essay for what it is.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad the Mighty
29 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I love how all the same people that b**** about freedoms on one hand want to immediately abolish the freedom of press because their guy is being held accountable in the press for being a giant piece of ****

Good to see that the Resistance is so eloquent and persuasive in its criticisms of its target.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
Just now, Vlad the Mighty said:

Good to see that the Resistance is so eloquent and persuasive in its criticisms of its target.

**** Right ! :D

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
21 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Good to see that the Resistance is so eloquent and persuasive in its criticisms of its target.

I'm not part of "the Resistance". I just think trump is a piece of trash and always has been. Apparently, many in his own administration feel the same way.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener

Well, two thoughts spring to mind.... 

Firstly, the New York Times has thoroughly nailed its colours to the mast. An anonymous, anti-Trump full-page editorial ? On the run up to the mid-terms, and That's pretty unheard-of, and exceedingly partisan. 

Secondly; this is very bad for President Trump. It will be interesting to see how he spins it. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lost_shaman
2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Secondly; this is very bad for President Trump. It will be interesting to see how he spins it. 

So far nothing has been "bad" for President Trump, he always seems to come out on top. Just look back at what like 50 other so-called scandals and you probably can't name 5 of them off the top of your head because they've all either been nothings or he ended up being correct and coming out on top. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
11 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Firstly, the New York Times has thoroughly nailed its colours to the mast. An anonymous, anti-Trump full-page editorial ? On the run up to the mid-terms, and That's pretty unheard-of, and exceedingly partisan. 

Hang on. So a government insider goes to a news outlet and offers up an anonymous op-ed and the outlet is partisan for running it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
2 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

what is happening in the White House? Has the Dictator done any or all of the following:

  • Abolished opposition parties;
  • Abandoned the normal process of elections and declared himself Dictator for Life;
  • Introduced internment or "re-education" camps for opponents of the Regime;
  • Used the military to attack protests against the Regime, including the use of Lethal Force; 
  • Closed down the opposition media so that the public only gets its information from official state outlets ?

Get back to me when he has done. 

That's a pretty low bar to set for a modern democracy

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
2 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I love how all the same people that b**** about freedoms on one hand want to immediately abolish the freedom of press because their guy is being held accountable in the press for being a giant piece of ****

Who wants to abolish freedom of the press? We just love pointing out hypocrisy of the true censoring fascists. What I want to know is when did freedom of the press mean we are supposed to believe radical leftwing BS? And if we don't, then we don't support a free press?

Now with articles like this one, even after all the outright proven lies, heck the NYT's straight said they had a moral obligation to lie about Trump, I doubt I'd believe an actual named source, let alone a guy behind a curtain. If they even really exist at all.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
52 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

That's a pretty low bar to set for a modern democracy

Well according to many the bar is that low right now, despite the fact that none of that has even come close to happening.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Hang on. So a government insider goes to a news outlet and offers up an anonymous op-ed and the outlet is partisan for running it?

You are assuming this person actually exists. Till they get the guts to stand in the spot light I see no reason to believe this person even really exists. If they do they are a back stabbing coward.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
4 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Who wants to abolish freedom of the press? We just love pointing out hypocrisy of the true censoring fascists. What I want to know is when did freedom of the press mean we are supposed to believe radical leftwing BS? And if we don't, then we don't support a free press?

Its the deeming of facts as "radical leftwing BS" that has become so disconcerting.  Trump has managed to take a kernel of truth and turn it into defacto censorship for his faithful. Thats dangerous.

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

You are assuming this person actually exists. Till they get the guts to stand in the spot light I see no reason to believe this person even really exists. If they do they are a back stabbing coward.

LOL comeon man why on earth would the NYT invent a story like that? Honestly. Do you think this story hurts Trump with his faithful? Of course not, everyone knows by now the faithful wont be dissuaded from their belief, no matter what.  So what would be the benefit of the NYT making up a story like that?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute
15 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

You are assuming this person actually exists. Till they get the guts to stand in the spot light I see no reason to believe this person even really exists. If they do they are a back stabbing coward.

All reputable journalists (on all sides) protect the identity of their sources, otherwise it would be the last inside information they ever had.

Edited by acute
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Its the deeming of facts as "radical leftwing BS" that has become so disconcerting.  Trump has managed to take a kernel of truth and turn it into defacto censorship for his faithful. Thats dangerous.

Unnamed sources provide facts now? 

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

LOL comeon man why on earth would the NYT invent a story like that? Honestly. Do you think this story hurts Trump with his faithful? Of course not, everyone knows by now the faithful wont be dissuaded from their belief, no matter what.  So what would be the benefit of the NYT making up a story like that?

 

Why would the times invent a story like that? Mid terms man. 

You do bring up a good point though, why would the times think they could sway his supporters? I think they just don’t know what else to do. They have controlled the narrative for so long that this is all they know to do. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
4 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

My way? I hate Fox News. Like literally can’t stand them. 

I'm sure you do.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
1 minute ago, acute said:

All reputable journalists (on all sides) protect the identity of their sources, otherwise it would be the last inside information they ever had.

Great. No problem. Just don’t expect me to believe them. They themselves said it’s their moral obligation to lie about the man. 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.