Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Resistance From Inside Trump Admin

Farmer77

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I'm sure you do.

Whatever man. Believe what you need to I guess. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, preacherman76 said:

Unnamed sources provide facts now? 

Unnamed sources have always provided facts, hell unnamed sources have always been a cornerstone of our democracy, but my comment wasnt really restricted to this story.

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

Why would the times invent a story like that? Mid terms man. 

You do bring up a good point though, why would the times think they could sway his supporters? I think they just don’t know what else to do. They have controlled the narrative for so long that this is all they know to do. 

Again though , re: the midterms, Trump supporters wont be swayed and normal people already have their minds made up. Theres simply no benefit for a news organization to risk their reputation to lie over something like this.

This is where I think all the pro Trump conspiracy theories fall short. If the NYT was going to fabricate something it sure as hell would be something more actionable than this story

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

You are assuming this person actually exists. Till they get the guts to stand in the spot light I see no reason to believe this person even really exists.

For what reasons exactly do you think should a newspaper like the NYT fake such a story and take the risk the fake to get leaked? Thats ridiculous.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Unnamed sources provide facts now? 

Trumps rants against unnamed sources really highlight his ignorance of American history

Paine has a claim to the title The Father of the American Revolution,[23][24] which rests on his pamphlets, especially Common Sense, which crystallized sentiment for independence in 1776. It was published in Philadelphia on January 10, 1776, and signed anonymously "by an Englishman". It became an immediate success, quickly spreading 100,000 copies in three months to the two million residents of the 13 colonies. During the course of the American Revolution, a total of about 500,000 copies were sold, including unauthorized editions.[5][25] Paine's original title for the pamphlet was Plain Truth, but Paine's friend, pro-independence advocate Benjamin Rush, suggested Common Sense instead.[citation needed]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Paine

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Trumps rants against unnamed sources really highlight his ignorance of American history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Paine

Well considering we have never seen a media so hell bent on destroying someone, I don't think history applies.

And for what? So we can go back to 2% GDP at best? So we can continue to ship millions of jobs over sea's, and start some new wars? No thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Well considering we have never seen a media so hell bent on destroying someone, I don't think history applies.

Reporting the absurdity that comes from Trump isnt being "hell bent" on destroying him. The dude is an absolute wreck

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

And for what? So we can go back to 2% GDP at best? So we can continue to ship millions of jobs over sea's, and start some new wars? No thanks

Man I dont care if we're all driving gold ferarris the dude is an absolute shitshow of a human being, a danger to our democracy and an even worse representative for the greatest nation on earth. Oh and is quite very possibly compromised by the Russians.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, toast said:

For what reasons exactly do you think should a newspaper like the NYT fake such a story and take the risk the fake to get leaked? Thats ridiculous.

Maybe because they straight said they need to lie about the guy? That it was their moral obligation? I don't know about you, but after someone says something like that, I tend to believe that's exactly what they intend to do.

• Thanks 3

Maybe because they straight said they need to lie about the guy? That it was their moral obligation? I don't know about you, but after someone says something like that, I tend to believe that's exactly what they intend to do.

Can you provide a link to that?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Reporting the absurdity that comes from Trump isnt being "hell bent" on destroying him. The dude is an absolute wreck

Then explain to me why this media accuses him of trying to kill fish, and says he removed MLK statue? Or any number of outright lies they have told about him. How many times does an organization have to lie, before they are known as liars?

Man I dont care if we're all driving gold ferarris the dude is an absolute shitshow of a human being, a danger to our democracy and an even worse representative for the greatest nation on earth. Oh and is quite very possibly compromised by the Russians.

The fact that you'd go back to war mongering scum, who have actually done things to suppress democracy, who have let other countries take advantage of our good nature, cause of some imagined Russian BS is honestly baffling to me. It honestly reeks of brain washing to me.

Im not saying you have to like who he is as a person, or even support him as president. Enough with the damn unnamed source lies man.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Can you provide a link to that?

If I was willing to go deep enough into google search where they buried it, probably. I read it myself. It was one of the first things that made me believe Trump wasn't who they said he was and began to support him. That was back when even I though the NYT had some credibility. Heck it was a big story at the time, at least in my circles.

If you type in the words NYT, Trump and lies, guess what you get 200 pages of?

• Like 1

Then explain to me why this media accuses him of trying to kill fish, and says he removed MLK statue? Or any number of outright lies they have told about him. How many times does an organization have to lie, before they are known as liars?

Man the MSM in general makes mistakes for sure but to call the vast majority of them lies is just blatantly inaccurate. Further though you seem to have no problem believing Trump and well we have literally thousands of mistruths from just the last year and a half from him in print and on tape.

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

The fact that you'd go back to war mongering scum, who have actually done things to suppress democracy, who have let other countries take advantage of our god nature, cause of some imagined Russian BS is honestly baffling to me. It honestly reeks of brain washing to me.

See this is where I think EVERYONE has me and the situation wrong. Im not asking for Obama back, im not asking for Clinton to be elected. Im simply identifying what is happening. The fact that the other side sucks as well , albeit differently, has no bearing on this administration and its actions.

As for the "imagined" Russian part. I honestly dont know how anyone who is actually paying attention can say that with a straight face.  Regardless though I have to say there is MUCH MORE wrong and dangerous for our nation coming from Trump than just the Russia investigation. 

• Like 2

If I was willing to go deep enough into google search where they buried it, probably. I read it myself. It was one of the first things that made me believe Trump wasn't who they said he was and began to support him. That was back when even I though the NYT had some credibility. Heck it was a big story at the time, at least in my circles.

Forgive me but considering the amount of "fake news" regarding anything which may make Trump look slightly bad ill have to suspend belief on this one.

6 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

If you type in the words NYT, Trump and lies, guess what you get 200 pages of?

200 pages documenting Trump's lies. The dude is the most prolific liar ive ever seen.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Man the MSM in general makes mistakes for sure but to call the vast majority of them lies is just blatantly inaccurate. Further though you seem to have no problem believing Trump and well we have literally thousands of mistruths from just the last year and a half from him in print and on tape.

See this is where I think EVERYONE has me and the situation wrong. Im not asking for Obama back, im not asking for Clinton to be elected. Im simply identifying what is happening. The fact that the other side sucks as well , albeit differently, has no bearing on this administration and its actions.

As for the "imagined" Russian part. I honestly dont know how anyone who is actually paying attention can say that with a straight face.  Regardless though I have to say there is MUCH MORE wrong and dangerous for our nation coming from Trump than just the Russia investigation. 

I don't believe in everything Trump says. Thing is 99% of the nitpicking has no relevance to my life. A strong economy does. Not starting new wars does.

Yes you are. Cause unless we can find another guy who can win an election without massive corporate donations, 0bama/Bush is exactly what you are going to get.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Forgive me but considering the amount of "fake news" regarding anything which may make Trump look slightly bad ill have to suspend belief on this one.

What do you mean Farm? This information is on good authority. Now you want sources lol

• Like 2

Yes you are. Cause unless we can find another guy who can win an election without massive corporate donations, 0bama/Bush is exactly what you are going to get.

Hang on hang on hang on. Preacher you're a smart man. This "outsider who doesnt need corporate donations" spiel was ok on the campaign trail but we have a year and a half of track record now and it shows pretty unequivocably that Trump is as in bed with corporate interests as any POTUS before him if not more so.

• Like 1

What do you mean Farm? This information is on good authority. Now you want sources lol

Well if you had started the conversation with " I work at the NYT and heard them say" your credibility here would be quite a bit higher. ...and youd still be anonymous!

26 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Hang on hang on hang on. Preacher you're a smart man. This "outsider who doesnt need corporate donations" spiel was ok on the campaign trail but we have a year and a half of track record now and it shows pretty unequivocably that Trump is as in bed with corporate interests as any POTUS before him if not more so.

That's odd. All I see is nearly every single person I considered establishment trying to destroy him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well if you had started the conversation with " I work at the NYT and heard them say" your credibility here would be quite a bit higher. ...and youd still be anonymous!

So you can only believe unnamed sources if they come from media Giants who have been lying to us our whole lives?  

• Like 2

That's odd. All I see is nearly every single person I considered establishment trying to destroy him.

What on earth does that have to do with real world policy as it relates to corporate interests?

Step away from the sloganeering for just a second and take an honest evaluation of the hyperbole. Your claim is Trump is somehow better than the any possible other candidate because he isnt in bed with corporate interests, but do his policies actually back that up?

So you can only believe unnamed sources if they come from media Giants who have been lying to us our whole lives?  

LOL NO man I meant if you were an insider in general

I got an early day Farm, so have a good one. Cant wait for Sunday;)

You too man, good luck to your Giants!

What on earth does that have to do with real world policy as it relates to corporate interests?

Step away from the sloganeering for just a second and take an honest evaluation of the hyperbole. Your claim is Trump is somehow better than the any possible other candidate because he isnt in bed with corporate interests, but do his policies actually back that up?

Ok I got time for this last one. Think about it man, what would be considered the better option for corporations? Continue to use slave labor in foreign countries tariff free, or come back to the US and pay people living wages? Its like you guys think corporations should be destroyed or something. We have to find a happy medium. Give incentive not just through tax cuts, but through muscle as well in the form of tariffs.

What about all the Mom and Pop companies that have benefitted big time from the tax cuts? Have allowed them to get out of debt and hire more people. These are good things man. The problem isn't corporate interests. Its corporate interests at the expense of American citizens. That is being reversed.

• Like 4

Ok I got time for this last one. Think about it man, what would be considered the better option for corporations? Continue to use slave labor in foreign countries tariff free, or come back to the US and pay people living wages? Its like you guys think corporations should be destroyed or something. We have to find a happy medium. Give incentive not just through tax cuts, but through muscle as well in the form of tariffs.

Oh I wasnt even thinking of trade really beyond steel i guess. I was more speaking of the tax cuts, corporate welfare, legal interference and general shenanigans re things like glycophosphates (monsanto) , weird obsession with coal when by their own estimates their policy will cost an additional thousands of lives due to pollution, shrinking of public lands etc. Pruitt was caught literally placing his letter head on a statement an oil company wrote before submitting it to congress while working in OK, he came into the admin in the pocket of big oil and his successor already has a litany of ethics violations lined up.

There are many more examples of this administration placing the welfare of corporations over that of the people but i clocked off a half an hour ago and the medicine is kicking in so im drawing a blank but this is where I see corporate interests being a problem.

4 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Nah see the whole point of being vigilant as our founding fathers demanded is so we dont get that far.

Kinda the same concept behind putting the kid who is killing all the neighborhood pets into counseling before he goes full Dahmer.

There have been a surprising number of moves which touch on your list though. From his enemy of the people/fake news/ only believe me, to his admin's attempted hiding of exculpatory evidence which killed the  case against the J20 protesters, to his attempts at using the DOJ for political purposes. There is real reason for concern.

Don't forget his insistence that the NYT TURN OVER the person who wrote the piece to the government!

• Like 1