Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Resistance From Inside Trump Admin

Farmer77

8 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Yes how dare they report things? Terrible of them to give Government Officials a mouthpiece to inform the American people of whats happening in their White House. :rolleyes:

Yes, how dare they report hearsay from an anonymous source.  That alone makes me seriously doubt that an insider wrote it.  The sufferers of Trump derangement syndrome will just grasp on to anything.  The tripe that is passed off as journalism and news reporting these days is pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

People look at this headline and assume it's bad for the right. The opposite is true. According to most recent polls, Trump's approval rating is at its lowest ever and Dems have a +14 lead going into the midterms.

And HRC couldn't lose the election. ;)

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

want to immediately abolish the freedom of press

Who's calling for that?  Haven't seen that anywhere.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Its the deeming of facts as "radical leftwing BS" that has become so disconcerting.  Trump has managed to take a kernel of truth and turn it into defacto censorship for his faithful. Thats dangerous.

That's so inaccurate or disingenuous.  Go back to some random thread in this forum that hasn't been touched since 2012 and see the same people calling most news liberal propaganda that are still doing so now.  I personally vowed off of CNN in 1999 or 2000 for that very reason.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, acute said:

All reputable journalists (on all sides) protect the identity of their sources, otherwise it would be the last inside information they ever had.

They can protect their sources but they should make some attempt to print verifiable facts while doing so.  To print anonymous opinion is nothing but hearsay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, toast said:

For what reasons exactly do you think should a newspaper like the NYT fake such a story and take the risk the fake to get leaked? Thats ridiculous.

It's not a story, as a story would be actual news with verifiable facts.  This is an editorial, or op-ed, an op-ed is an editorial not written by one of the papers editors and is an opinion piece.

Edited by OverSword
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Maybe because they straight said they need to lie about the guy? That it was their moral obligation? I don't know about you, but after someone says something like that, I tend to believe that's exactly what they intend to do.

Can you cite that?

Who owns The New York Times?

Oh yes, telecommunications billionaire and drug and human-trafficking racketeer Carlos Slim...a MEXICAN national and die-hard Trump foe.

Certainly HE wouldn't do anything shady!

Wait...would he?

Edited by hacktorp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

The Ochs-Sulzberger family.

14 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Oh yes, telecommunications billionaire and drug and human-trafficking racketeer Carlos Slim...a MEXICAN national and die-hard Trump foe.

Certainly HE wouldn't do anything shady!

Wait...would he?

Seems a long way to go to get all the cousins their greencards.

5 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

The Ochs-Sulzberger family.

Slim is the largest shareholder.  In the US, that normally means major influential authority...voting or otherwise.  Glad I could clear that up for you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Seems a long way to go to get all the cousins their greencards.

I'm sure you didn't mean that to be utterly racist.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Slim is the largest shareholder.  In the US, that normally means major influential authority...voting or otherwise.  Glad I could clear that up for you.

He's the largest Class A shareholder, with around 17.4% or so of the stock.

The NYT's Class A shareholders in total can only appoint 1/3rd of the NYT's board.

The Class B shareholders -- the shares owned by the Ochs-Sulzberger's -- have appointment rights for the remaining 2/3rds of the board.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

He's the largest Class A shareholder, with around 17.4% or so of the stock.

The NYT's Class A shareholders in total can only appoint 1/3rd of the NYT's board.

The Class B shareholders -- the shares owned by the Ochs-Sulzberger's -- have appointment rights for the remaining 2/3rds of the board.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

In 2009, The New York Times borrowed $250 million from Carlos Slim in order to save it (and the Ochs-Sulzbergers) from going under.  Today, Slim retains the largest single block of ownership and remains the company's most significant financial backstop.  The board will do what Slim says and vote the way he wants.

Sorry, but them's the facts.

The more you know..

Edited by hacktorp
  • Thanks 1

Just now, hacktorp said:

In 2009, The New York Times borrowed $250 million from Carlos Slim in order to save it from going under.

Certainly did. They paid it back, ahead of schedule, too.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tiggs said:

Certainly did. They paid it back, ahead of schedule, too.

And now, of course...

4 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

The board will do what Slim says and vote the way he wants.

See how that works?

• Thanks 1

Just now, hacktorp said:

And now, of course...

See how that works?

Maths is hard, I know -- but I'm pretty sure 2/3rds would give you a majority of the votes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

Maths is hard, I know -- but I'm pretty sure 2/3rds would give you a majority of the votes.

Politics is even harder, apparently.

When you are a corporation's financial savior and ongoing protector from insolvency/bankruptcy, you effectively control 3/3rds of the votes...regardless of the class of stock you hold.

That's how it is in the US, anyway...not sure about where you're from.

Edited by hacktorp
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Proof please.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Politics is even harder, apparently.

When you are a corporation's financial savior and ongoing protector from insolvency/bankruptcy, you effectively control 3/3rds of the votes...regardless of the class of stock you hold.

That's how it is in the US, anyway...not sure about where you're from.

2009 was a pretty rough year for most companies, as I recall.

And as the paper of record -- the NYT will always find someone willing to bail them out.

As evidenced by one of the richest men in the world, jumping in to do so.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tiggs said:

And as the paper of record -- the NYT will always find someone willing to bail them out.

Yeah...I don't know about that.  The NYT is clearly running out of ammo and behaving like a wounded, cornered fugitive.

They are in the process of draining whatever was left of their tattered credibility in an act of total desperation.  Kinda sad to watch.

But they did it to themselves, so they will get what they deserve.

• Thanks 1

I consider an anonymous opinion to be nothing more than rumor.  Anything contained in the article are mere allegations until corroborated and proven.  There are no facts presented.  You could not indict a shoplifter on such flimsy hearsay, and the NYT would undoubtedly refuse to print such a piece if the subject were anyone other than the President.  Any of you are free to test this assertion by writing your own Op-Ed article, claiming whatever you want, about anyone but the President and see if it gets published.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think that arguing about who owns the most shares in the times or if some guy named Slim is a human trafficker does nothing but distract from the only real relevant point here.  This is an anonymous op-ed hit piece the contents of which are unverifiable and therefore meaningless.  Just more Trump Derangement. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, hacktorp said:

Yeah...I don't know about that.  The NYT is clearly running out of ammo and behaving like a wounded, cornered fugitive.

And yet -- here you are -- in a thread about an NYT article, expending all this effort in an attempt to discredit them.