Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Resistance From Inside Trump Admin

Farmer77

4 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

And yet -- here you are -- in a thread about an NYT article, expending all this effort in an attempt to discredit them.

It really takes no effort at all to point out how the NYT has discredited itself.  But thanks for noticing.

Why are YOU here?

• Thanks 1

Does anyone actually readnthe NYT anymore?  Wasnt there a conspiracy that it was run by the elite?

• Haha 1

Just now, Mr.United_Nations said:

Does anyone actually readnthe NYT anymore?  Wasnt there a conspiracy that it was run by the elite?

it IS ran by elite,

• Like 1

Anyone want to place bets on who the anonymous source is?
Global News can help.

Who wrote the anonymous New York Times op-ed about Trump? Here’s what the oddsmakers say

Who will be revealed as the writer of the anonymous @nytimes Op-Ed essay?

Mike Pence -150
Betsy DeVos +200
Mike Pompeo +400
Steven Mnuchin +400
Jim Mattis +500
Jeff Sessions +500
Ivanka Trump 12/1
Jared Kushner 12/1
Stephen Miller 15/1

Complete odds at http://mybookie.ag

Other names on the list had much longer odds, including Education Secretary Betsy DeVos (+200), Secretary of State Mike Pompeo (+400) and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin (+400).

Least likely to be the author, according to MyBookie, were senior advisor Stephen Miller (+1,500), Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner (+1,200) and the president’s daughter Ivanka (+1,200).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Global News can help.

Who wrote the anonymous New York Times op-ed about Trump? Here’s what the oddsmakers say

My first thought was John Kelly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

It really takes no effort at all to point out how the NYT has discredited itself.

And yet -- you just can't stop yourself, can you?

13 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Why are YOU here?

Unwinding before bed, mostly. Working nights at the mo.

You know, I don’t know how to talk about it, yet. I mean honestly, I’m still processing it. It’s just so similar to what so many of us hear from senior people around the White House, you know, three times a week. So it’s really troubling, and yet in a way, not surprising.
So I wish whoever it was wouldn’t have done it, but I think that the stuff that’s in it is frankly not surprising to those of us who are trying to help the White House stay on track most days, because this is what you hear from two-thirds of the senior people there.

Source: Republican Senator for Nebraska, Ben Sasse (via Hugh Hewitt)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, hacktorp said:

I'm sure you didn't mean that to be utterly racist.

It's the entire basis for the Republican fear mongering centred around Mexican immigrants. My post was a dig at that. And Republicans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hacktorp said:

I'm sure you didn't mean that to be utterly racist.

I'm sure he'll try to cover for his own racism by accusing everyone else of being racists.

Edit - :rolleyes:

Edited by AnchorSteam
  • Like 2

Part of Trumps reaction:

"Treason"

"tell me about some anonymous source within the administration, probably who’s failing and who’s probably here for all the wrong reasons..."

Sanders reaction

“We are disappointed, but not surprised, that the paper chose to publish this pathetic, reckless, and selfish op-ed,”
“The individual behind this piece has chosen to deceive, rather than support, the duly elected President of the United States,”

“He is not putting country first, but putting himself and his ego ahead of the will of the American people. This coward should do the right thing and resign.”

I find these reactions from WH interesting they are not calling the story fake, rather they are suggestive that the WH believes the op-ed is real.

Naturally they condemn the NYT as the messenger but it seems they will now be on a mission to find the author.

ETA: that the WH thinks it is real is very telling.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Big Jim said:

I consider an anonymous opinion to be nothing more than rumor.  Anything contained in the article are mere allegations until corroborated and proven.  There are no facts presented.  You could not indict a shoplifter on such flimsy hearsay, and the NYT would undoubtedly refuse to print such a piece if the subject were anyone other than the President.  Any of you are free to test this assertion by writing your own Op-Ed article, claiming whatever you want, about anyone but the President and see if it gets published.  

Are we verified to be a person of knowledge and access to the people we are writing about? And does it get to be about a person who has power over the lives and futures of 325 million people? Just want it to be the same situation.

3 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Part of Trumps reaction:

"Treason"

"tell me about some anonymous source within the administration, probably who’s failing and who’s probably here for all the wrong reasons..."

Sanders reaction

“We are disappointed, but not surprised, that the paper chose to publish this pathetic, reckless, and selfish op-ed,”
“The individual behind this piece has chosen to deceive, rather than support, the duly elected President of the United States,”

“He is not putting country first, but putting himself and his ego ahead of the will of the American people. This coward should do the right thing and resign.”

I find these reactions from WH interesting they are not calling the story fake, rather they are suggestive that the WH believes the op-ed is real.

Naturally they condemn the NYT as the messenger but it seems they will now be on a mission to find the author.

What's funny is IF this were in fact a complete fabrication by the NYT as they claim and there was NO truth to it at all...why would they need people to deny writing it? Why would they need to call for them to be turned over to the government(without ANY crime even being REMOTELY committed)?

• Like 1

Just now, Robotic Jew said:

Are we verified to be a person of knowledge and access to the people we are writing about? And does it get to be about a person who has power over the lives and futures of 325 million people? Just want it to be the same situation.

if someone in white house has control over  your life and not yourself, then you made wrong choices in your life.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kismit said:

My first thought was John Kelly. 

Mine was Melania :D

Edited by RAyMO
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, aztek said:

if someone in white house has control over  your life and not yourself, then you made wrong choices in your life.

If you don't believe they can make decisions that can alter your life and your well being then you're delusional.

Just now, Robotic Jew said:

If you don't believe they can make decisions that can alter your life and your well being then you're delusional.

lmao,, at no point in my life  my well being depended on who was in the WH. there is nothing delusional in that. just proper planing and right decisions.

like i said if yours does, you made wrong choices along the way.

do not blame  wind for knocking down a crappy shelter, blame yourself for not building one that can stand up to it.

Edited by aztek
  • Thanks 2

The Donald wrote the hit-piece, it’s all part of his cunning plan to utterly humiliate the anti-Trumpers. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

Who's calling for that?  Haven't seen that anywhere.

Every cry of "fake news" or retribution for perceived slights against the small handee trump by the media is tantamount to calling for the end of a free press simply becuase you've been hoodwinked by a con man. Its pathetic and sad, but I really wouldn't expect better from most here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

A work of fiction is limited only by your imagination.  Knock yourself out.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Global News can help.

I vote for Clark Kent.  Why shouldn't a fictitious piece have a fictitious author?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, RAyMO said:

Mine was Melania :D

My second thought. 

However the inside resistance is apparently a group.  Maybe Melania is the leader, we should nickname the insider resistance "M", the ultimate weapon against "Q".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kismit said:

My second thought. 

However the inside resistance is apparently a group.  Maybe Melania is the leader, we should nickname the insider resistance "M", the ultimate weapon against "Q".

I'm skeptical about Melania.  I do think she is passively/aggressively acting against Trump.  But she really isn't the articulate op-ed writing type.  If Omarosa is to believed, Trump is holding her citizenship over her head as well (Not to mention any pre-nup stuff).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kismit said:

She must be super-deep, double-secret undercover...

MELANIA CALLS NYT OP-ED WRITER ‘COWARDLY,’ BLASTS ANONYMOUS SOURCES

https://dailycaller.com/2018/09/06/melania-new-york-times-op-ed/

Edited by hacktorp
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

That's so inaccurate or disingenuous.  Go back to some random thread in this forum that hasn't been touched since 2012 and see the same people calling most news liberal propaganda that are still doing so now.  I personally vowed off of CNN in 1999 or 2000 for that very reason.

Thats kind of my point.All these networks, including fox,  have bias', thats the kernel of truth. That they are wholly unreliable is the big lie.