Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Resistance From Inside Trump Admin

Farmer77

10 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

But to hand over their entire EDITORIAL page to it ? Without ANY challenge to the authenticity of what is being said, well.... that is  partisanship, pure and simple. 

But editorial pages are opinion pages. They dont post counter arguments in people's op eds.

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I'm skeptical about Melania.  I do think she is passively/aggressively acting against Trump.  But she really isn't the articulate op-ed writing type.  If Omarosa is to believed, Trump is holding her citizenship over her head as well (Not to mention any pre-nup stuff).

Melania was a joke response. I suspect Donald may have a pre-nup that limits her access to Baron.

My money would still be on John Kelly. He is shroud enough to play Donald,  but really it could be lots of people or nobody.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Kismit said:

My money would still be on John Kelly. He is shroud enough to play Donald,  but really it could be lots of people or nobody.

If i had to bet it would be on Pence. Ive thought its possible he was the one leaking stories about WH dysfunction all along. It is he who stands to gain the most if Trump is removed

• Like 1

16 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Who wants to abolish freedom of the press? We just love pointing out hypocrisy of the true censoring fascists. What I want to know is when did freedom of the press mean we are supposed to believe radical leftwing BS? And if we don't, then we don't support a free press?

Well, in the book I just read about the Clintons and their Foundation, NYT, WaPo, Fortune, and Time as well as a number of foreign news organizations began questioning and pointing to the uncomfortable marriage between philanthropy, politics, and business that the Clintons put into place.  It made those outlets uncomfortable.  Even Congressmen and aids still in the government spoke out about Hillary's hijinks as Secretary of State and Bill as a very highly paid speaker and "goodwill ambassador.".  At least in that period of time, many in the MSM were not Clinton fans.  

In retrospect, President Trump and President Obama have something in common they both ran against Hillary and they won.  Maybe in part because neither one was Hillary.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

If i had to bet it would be on Pence. Ive thought its possible he was the one leaking stories about WH dysfunction all along. It is he who stands to gain the most if Trump is removed

I second that Farmer. It reminds me of the saying - 'keep your friends close, but your enemies closer'. Who better than Pence would be privy to all that takes place behind closed doors in the WH?.....and of course has the most to gain if Trump gets toppled. He comes across as being blindly loyal to Trump. Nevertheless, still waters may run deeper with him than we think. :ph34r: 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kartikg said:

If hate can damage brain, trump haters have their beyond repair. 

If love is blind, trump lovers need dark glasses and a cane.

I'll probably regret that, but it was low hanging fruit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Ok I got time for this last one. Think about it man, what would be considered the better option for corporations? Continue to use slave labor in foreign countries tariff free, or come back to the US and pay people living wages? Its like you guys think corporations should be destroyed or something. We have to find a happy medium. Give incentive not just through tax cuts, but through muscle as well in the form of tariffs.

What about all the Mom and Pop companies that have benefitted big time from the tax cuts? Have allowed them to get out of debt and hire more people. These are good things man. The problem isn't corporate interests. Its corporate interests at the expense of American citizens. That is being reversed.

I love your sentiment, I am not sure I see the facts to support it.  The problem is corporate interests at the expense of citizens exactly.  I don't see that being reversed.

While AT&T refuses to release details about plans for its $20 billion in tax savings, a report by the Communications Workers of America (CWA) examines the telecom giant’s continued role in hollowing out the middle class by eliminating thousands of jobs, closing call centers, and shifting customer service and network maintenance to low-wage contractors, including overseas vendors. While AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson once boasted that every $1 billion in tax savings will create “about 7,000 good jobs for the middle class,” the company announced more than 1,500 layoffs just days after the tax bill became law.

I have a distrust for promises until the money is in the bank.  Maybe you can take the long view and say. "Lets wait and see." I'm good with that.

Honestly, this is one line both liberals and conservatives have swallowed hook line and sinker.  It is not about personal responsibility, self reliance and independence. Its about JOBS  Some people want a government handout, some people seem to think jobs are the measure of success.

How many citizens are self employed, self-reliant  or otherwise independent of somebody giving them a job, 5% - 15% ?  I don't know, but that should be an important measure of a free and self reliant economy.  Corporations have no loyalty to economies, countries, or people.  When the banquet is over, they leave the dirty dishes and scraps behind for somebody else to take care of. 

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Pure Game of Thrones.  Something happens to remove Trump from power.  A group of staunch Trump Supporters with itchy trigger fingers start by blasting antifa, liberals, immigrants and then cops trying to put  a stop to it i.  The government responds to the immanent danger, takes out the staunch Trump supporters leaving the unchallenged field to the establishment Republicans.  Lets hope not.  I'd rather it be a bozo on the senior staff and a newspaper looking to sell copy and advertising space.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

BBC's seems to agree based on linguistics: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45435813

Pence is also the one person that doesn't work at the pleasure of the president, so he doesn't have to worry about getting fired if outed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

If love is blind, trump lovers need dark glasses and a cane.

I'll probably regret that, but it was low hanging fruit.

I don't think they'll see any issue with what you said.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gromdor said:

But she really isn't the articulate op-ed writing type. 

Yeah, I'm sure she's the dumb bimbo type that just happens to speak 5 languages...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, and then said:

Yeah, I'm sure she's the dumb bimbo type that just happens to speak 5 languages...

It's kind of odd that there is no recording of her speaking five languages.  https://www.quora.com/Is-there-any-proof-that-Melania-Trump-is-fluent-in-five-languages

Which kind of goes back to Omarosa's claim that Melania and Trump got her citizenship with the "genius" visa under false pretenses and Trump is holding that over her to control her.

Why, do you think it was Melania that wrote the OP ed?

Edited by Gromdor
missed a word for some reason
  • Like 1

I just noticed a piece that claims we are warning the Russians in Syria not to be too heavy handed with Idlib and they are openly warning us that our troops are subject to being caught up in an attack on an area they are in.  They've been basically humiliated, along with the Iranians in Syria and may be in mind to push back some.  All this glee against Trump could just set him up to make some damned quick decisions and not be as likely to listen to counsel.  I believe that's actually part of the plan of the Left.  To bait him into action that will cause his supporters to fall away.  THAT is treason, in my book and they are scum and should be held accountable.  Anyone who is willing to casually sacrifice the lives of our military and even risk a potential nuke exchange has gone way over the line and are working toward the dissolution of our nation.  Once identified, they deserve trial and death.

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Why, do you think it was Melania that wrote the OP ed?

I think it was someone at the Times that wrote it.  No proof will ever surface about that unless it managed to bring him down, then everyone in the world will claim it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, and then said:

I think it was someone at the Times that wrote it.  No proof will ever surface about that unless it managed to bring him down, then everyone in the world will claim it.  

Nah, something like this has the source outed pretty quickly. 

7 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The Donald wrote the hit-piece, it’s all part of his cunning plan to utterly humiliate the anti-Trumpers. 

I already pointed out that possibility in another post.  Not one bit of it rings true.  It sounds like some creative writing class.  Trump got his creative juices flowing and leaked it out just to watch the MSM and Progressives trip all over themselves.  It worked.  This op-ed will push Woodward's book out of sight out of mind.  Although, like everything else, it'll be forgotten by next week anyway.  It's not like he has tried pulling something like this before...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/donald-trump-alter-ego-barron/2016/05/12/02ac99ec-16fe-11e6-aa55-670cabef46e0_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.9d2421d4fd21

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, acute said:

All reputable journalists (on all sides) protect the identity of their sources, otherwise it would be the last inside information they ever had.

When they have backups on tape like Woodward supposedly has for his interviews then print away. I'm just not so sure all the anonymous insider sources are inside anything significant. Or real. And if NYT said it's a top insider that doesn't always mean our definition of 'top insider'. Everything is carefully worded to scintillate but also stand up in court.

41 minutes ago, and then said:

I believe that's actually part of the plan of the Left.  To bait him into action that will cause his supporters to fall away.  THAT is treason, in my book and they are scum and should be held accountable. 

You're concerned that the POTUS is so mentally feeble that he could be baited into acting irrationally making his supporters fall away and somehow those doing the baiting are treasonous?

Just a slight different perspective: perhaps those still supporting a POTUS so mentally feeble that an op-ed from a disgruntled employee is all it takes to bait him into doing something dangerously stupid are actually the treasonous ones.

• Like 2

7ZADK7t.gif

That's not what I meant to post, but I'm gonna leave it anyway

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Haha 2

I see that some ingenious detective has picked up on the use of the word "lodestone" in some drool the anonymous traitor said about the late Sen. John McCain. Who else, they concluded, after a careful trawl through Twitter, has used the word "lodestone", not a word that many people use in everyday conversation, more than once? Vice President Mike Pence. Ha, rumbled! Your transparent attempt to overthrow your boss and land the Top Job has been seen through! Mind you, it wouldn't be the first time, would it, President Johnson? <_< I'm sure that saying what you've said about the boss would be a sackable offence in any organization, but doesn't calling for the overthrow of the President (Which, after all, was the intention of the anonymous coward, even if he may not have said that in as many words) count as treason? If Mr. Trump had any guts he'd have the coward out the door and on the rack for treason by tomorrow. 

Edited by Vlad the Mighty

16 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

I'm sure that saying what you've said about the boss would be a sackable offence in any organization, but doesn't calling for the overthrow of the President (Which, after all, was the intention of the anonymous coward, even if he may not have said that in as many words) count as treason? If Mr. Trump had any guts he'd have the coward out the door and on the rack for treason by tomorrow. 

I actually think @ExpandMyMind was correct in that the authors goal wasnt to oust Trump but to steady the base by ensuring them that despite Trump the administration is still working towards "conservative" goals.

Beyond that though we thankfully have the 1st amendment and if no classified info was released I dont know if there is any legal recourse against the author.

7 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I actually think @ExpandMyMind was correct in that the authors goal wasnt to oust Trump but to steady the base by ensuring them that despite Trump the administration is still working towards "conservative" goals.

Beyond that though we thankfully have the 1st amendment and if no classified info was released I dont know if there is any legal recourse against the author.

So it's a plot to defuse the plot by assuring the conservative voters that there is in fact a base within the Administration that's working to neutralize the Tyrant and isolate him so that he can do no harm? Maybe it was planted by the Monster himself! Maybe he's behind it! Maybe he's that cunning and machiavellian that he's planting the idea that there is a resistance movement so that will reassure people and thus give him freedom to carry out his plans, having lulled the people into a feeling of hope! Does this man's sheer evil know no limits? :wub:

• Like 1

Just now, Vlad the Mighty said:

So it's a plot to defuse the plot by assuring the conservative voters that there is in fact a base within the Administration that's working to neutralize the Tyrant and isolate him so that he can do no harm? Maybe it was planted by the Monster himself! Maybe he's behind it! Maybe he's that cunning and machiavellian that he's planting the idea that there is a resistance movement so that will reassure people and thus give him freedom to carry out his plans, having lulled the people into a feeling of hope! Does this man's sheer evil know no limits? :wub:

LOL some of his supporters would like us to think so.

It makes sense to try and rally voters for the midterms. Trump's base may be fanatical but they will need much more than just his base to vote in order for them to hold congress this year and the WH in 2020, theyre going to need the party base.

The fanaticism really doesn't seem to be coming from the Trump supporters, it really doesn't :no: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1