Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Resistance From Inside Trump Admin

Farmer77

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Bull.  When the traitor Bill Clinton signed NAFTA the entire industry that I worked in moved across the border.  I went from making more than most of my peers to zero relevant skills in the blink of an eye.  The fact that Trump seems to be doing the exact opposite of that for the American worker is lost on many who seem to think that working towards lowering trade deficits, bringing manufacturing back to the USA, creating as many jobs in 2 years as Obama did in 8, and bringing other crazy people to negotiation tables and discuss denuclearization are all negated because he's a rude and obnoxious jerk. 

A few things here:

Back in 1989 1/3 of my high school town became unemployed when Towmotor left to Mexico because of the upcoming NAFTA bill.  This was a year before Clinton even got in.  The powers that be and the corporations had already decided that it was a done deal.  They even told the town it was because of NAFTA as they handed everyone their pink slips.

Trump has created less jobs than Obama.  Obama got a huge job creation boost because of the record unemployment from the recession.  Trump only managed to continue that trend down a few percentage points. https://www.factcheck.org/2018/04/trumps-numbers-first-quarterly-update/

Trump is doing terrible at the trade deficits.  The trade deficit is worse because of the trade war and the devaluing of other countries currency: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/08/trade-deficit-swelling-under-trade-warrior-trump.html

So, unfortunately, most of what you said/believe is factually false.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

But then, we do not have a FREE PRESS, do we?  It is controlled by the Progressives.  The Press gave up their rights to be free and independent a long time ago.

Yes we do. 

No further comment needs to be made. You're too far down the rabbit hole.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Robotic Jew said:

Same reason Deep Throat was anonymous. To protect their identity for the sake of their well being and the well being of their family.

The source is only anonymous to US. 

They wouldn't be in any danger as they are not revealing any illegal goings on.  Just look at all of the people that have openly written books and gone on TV that have talked smack about this administration.  The person that did this can not be equivocated with a whistle blower.

6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

A few things here:

Back in 1989 1/3 of my high school town became unemployed when Towmotor left to Mexico because of the upcoming NAFTA bill.  This was a year before Clinton even got in.  The powers that be and the corporations had already decided that it was a done deal.  They even told the town it was because of NAFTA as they handed everyone their pink slips.

Trump has created less jobs than Obama.  Obama got a huge job creation boost because of the record unemployment from the recession.  Trump only managed to continue that trend down a few percentage points. https://www.factcheck.org/2018/04/trumps-numbers-first-quarterly-update/

Trump is doing terrible at the trade deficits.  The trade deficit is worse because of the trade war and the devaluing of other countries currency: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/08/trade-deficit-swelling-under-trade-warrior-trump.html

So, unfortunately, most of what you said/believe is factually false.

We'll just have to disagree.  Trump isn't creating fast food jobs and trying to make it look like prosperity by raising the minimum wage, and he has begun the process of the only thing that will lower trade deficits.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Yes we do. 

No further comment needs to be made. You're too far down the rabbit hole.

Then do one thing for me (and it doesn’t have to be precise).  What’s the break down of negative stories about Trump to positive ones?

Don’t need links and don’t feel you have to elaborate at this time.  Just give a simple, ballpark figure answer.  And then we’ll go from there if necessary.

13 minutes ago, OverSword said:

We'll just have to disagree.  Trump isn't creating fast food jobs and trying to make it look like prosperity by raising the minimum wage, and he has begun the process of the only thing that will lower trade deficits.

Just out of curiosity.  Has that job/company that you initially mentioned that you had come back to the US?  I know Towmotor/Caterpillar still hasn't.

12 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The unemployment numbers under Obama fell because people quit looking for work, many undoubtedly from pre-mature early retirement.  The actual unemployment rate was up in the 20% range.  Under Trump, I would have expected a rise in the unemployment rate as they returned to the work force.  But it has actually ticked down, meaning that there are more jobs out there being filled than are being recorded.  The number of food stamp recipients has dropped, so people have to be working somewhere.

2 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

The unemployment numbers under Obama fell because people quit looking for work, many undoubtedly from pre-mature early retirement.  The actual unemployment rate was up in the 20% range.  Under Trump, I would have expected a rise in the unemployment rate as they returned to the work force.  But it has actually ticked down, meaning that there are more jobs out there being filled than are being recorded.  The number of food stamp recipients has dropped, so people have to be working somewhere.

The baby boomers are retiring now.  Unless Trump makes the economy so bad that they will starve without working, our available workforce should be taking a big hit right now (But should help Trump's unemployment number).  As for the poor people kicked of food stamps, we will probably just see an increase in stuff like this: https://mashable.com/2016/07/14/child-hunger-united-states/#QnSlwj2uzaq7

15 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Just out of curiosity.  Has that job/company that you initially mentioned that you had come back to the US?  I know Towmotor/Caterpillar still hasn't.

That company didn't move, the industry itself moved.  That family owned business was eliminated to the sounds of our politicians cheering themselves on a job well done.  But one of our salesmen has written liability and workers comp coverage for a circuit board manufacturer so the industry may be making a slight comeback but I think it's more likely that this is just a prototype manufacturer since they only have around 15 employees.

5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The baby boomers are retiring now.  Unless Trump makes the economy so bad that they will starve without working, our available workforce should be taking a big hit right now (But should help Trump's unemployment number).  As for the poor people kicked of food stamps, we will probably just see an increase in stuff like this: https://mashable.com/2016/07/14/child-hunger-united-states/#QnSlwj2uzaq7

I thought I said that Baby Boomers were retiring?  And Obama used this artificially depressed economy to shake out what in the Progressive mindset is driftwood.  A form of class warfare or age discrimination.

What a concept: “hunger is caused by the prevalence of poverty”.  You don’t think that importing poverty has anything to do with it?  How many of those children are illegal?  Illegal workers depress wages so that American poor suffer.  Those two things explain why 1 in 7 are hungry.  If you advocate for American children, then you need to support closing the border and deporting illegals as quickly as we can. That is if you have compassion for American children.

20 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I thought I said that Baby Boomers were retiring?  And Obama used this artificially depressed economy to shake out what in the Progressive mindset is driftwood.  A form of class warfare or age discrimination.

What a concept: “hunger is caused by the prevalence of poverty”.  You don’t think that importing poverty has anything to do with it?  How many of those children are illegal?  Illegal workers depress wages so that American poor suffer.  Those two things explain why 1 in 7 are hungry.  If you advocate for American children, then you need to support closing the border and deporting illegals as quickly as we can. That is if you have compassion for American children.

You can't blame hunger on questions.  Tell us how many of those hungry children are illegal and then perhaps you can link illegals to child hunger.

Let's look at some facts: 

In Iowa the child hunger number worse than the US average at 1 out of 5 :http://star1025.com/combathunger/hunger-in-iowa-the-facts/

Iowa is also 91% white.

We also have 2.6% unemployment: https://www.bls.gov/eag/eag.ia.htm

So in a nutshell, we have low unemployment, an almost overwhelmingly white population, and a horrible child hunger problem.  Reconcile these facts with your argument.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You can't blame hunger on questions. 

And I don’t.  I blame it on poor immigration policy.

Tell us how many of those hungry children are illegal and then perhaps you can link illegals to child hunger.

I was asking you.  It’s a couple million, if not more.

In Iowa the child hunger number worse than the US average at 1 out of 5 :

http://star1025.com/combathunger/hunger-in-iowa-the-facts/

Our hunger numbers are as comparable as yours.  We have food banks and school lunch programs too.  There are other sources for hunger than just illegals.  It’s sad that such hunger is so rampant in our bread basket.  This is due to bad policy established 90 years ago.  But if we did not have the illegals here, how much smaller do you think the problem would be?  We need to start taking care of our own first before we can think of helping others.

Iowa is also 91% white.

Hispanics are European too.  How many of that 91% are illegal?  Over stayed visas from Eastern Europe?

We also have 2.6% unemployment:

https://www.bls.gov/eag/eag.ia.htm 

And we have twice that with 1 million less population.    We are like the 3rd largest energy state and the Democratic leadership has been squandering and/or ignoring that wealth.  They have been sacrificing our children so that some minnows won’t go extinct.  We need to protect the environment, but one can go too far.  Proper custodial and management of the environment does not mean that we need to save every species.  95% of all species that ever existed on this planet in the past 4.5 billion years are extinct and man wasn’t even around for most of that.

So in a nutshell, we have low unemployment, an almost overwhelmingly white population, and a horrible child hunger problem.  Reconcile these facts with your argument.

In summary, I did.  My original argument only focused on the part illegals played, but you wanted to expand it and I’m fine with that because then we can bring in Democratic policy and control.

15 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

And I don’t.  I blame it on poor immigration policy.

I was asking you.  It’s a couple million, if not more.

Our hunger numbers are as comparable as yours.  We have food banks and school lunch programs too.  There are other sources for hunger than just illegals.  It’s sad that such hunger is so rampant in our bread basket.  This is due to bad policy established 90 years ago.  But if we did not have the illegals here, how much smaller do you think the problem would be?  We need to start taking care of our own first before we can think of helping others.

Hispanics are European too.  How many of that 91% are illegal?  Over stayed visas from Eastern Europe?

And we have twice that with 1 million less population.    We are like the 3rd largest energy state and the Democratic leadership has been squandering and/or ignoring that wealth.  They have been sacrificing our children so that some minnows won’t go extinct.  We need to protect the environment, but one can go too far.  Proper custodial and management of the environment does not mean that we need to save every species.  95% of all species that ever existed on this planet in the past 4.5 billion years are extinct and man wasn’t even around for most of that.

In summary, I did.  My original argument only focused on the part illegals played, but you wanted to expand it and I’m fine with that because then we can bring in Democratic policy and control.

Sigh.  5% of Iowans are immigrants, legal or not: https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/research/immigrants-in-iowa

23% are kids under 18: https://www.iowadatacenter.org/quickfacts

20% of our kids are hungry.

Your math doesn't add up.

I have to give Trump kudos though.  He has managed to get illegal immigrants to be the same scapegoats for all of America's problems as Hitler did with the Jews.  I really can't believe it's gotten to the point that he has supporters blaming even child hunger on them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Poor Trump ...... even his hand picked cronies are afraid of him.

Putin or Kim would’t put up with this rebellion..... 

45 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I have to give Trump kudos though.  He has managed to get illegal immigrants to be the same scapegoats for all of America's problems as Hitler did with the Jews. 

:rolleyes:

You'd be disgusting if you weren't so comical.

The Left employ the same tactics that the Nazis used to secure power, including gang violence in the streets, the blatant disregard for the truth and contempt for the very principle of Democracy itself  (see the use of terms like "Populism" to denigrate any election that goes against them) and harassment of opposition figures in public & disruption of Senate Confirmation hearings .... and yet its everyone else that are the nazis?

"Nazi Nazi Nazi, everyone who disagrees with me is a nazi!!!"

Sing a new tune, if you guys can carry any.

45 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I really can't believe it's gotten to the point that he has supporters blaming even child hunger on them.

If you sneak kids into the country that were hungry to begin with, and then don't feed them, YES, its your fault. 

You wanna confiscate my car to feed them, clothe them, educate them, get them free Health and Dental care and subsidized housing too.  Sorry, 50% of America isn't stupid enough to go for that crap yet. You 'd better dumb-down Public schools a lot more of you want a nation of sheep to rule over.

Or go to the EU, we're seeing how that works over there right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AnchorSteam said:

Well, right now, we're laughing at Trump and his circus. 

It's so amusing one would almost wish it lasts longer, but out of sympathy for the sane Americans, I wish it ends already. And involves complete remodeling of the Oval office, because you had an Russian asset in there. Like I said, it's too amusing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

:rolleyes:

You'd be disgusting if you weren't so comical.

The Left employ the same tactics that the Nazis used to secure power, including gang violence in the streets, the blatant disregard for the truth and contempt for the very principle of Democracy itself  (see the use of terms like "Populism" to denigrate any election that goes against them) and harassment of opposition figures in public & disruption of Senate Confirmation hearings .... and yet its everyone else that are the nazis?

"Nazi Nazi Nazi, everyone who disagrees with me is a nazi!!!"

Sing a new tune, if you guys can carry any.

If you sneak kids into the country that were hungry to begin with, and then don't feed them, YES, its your fault. 

You wanna confiscate my car to feed them, clothe them, educate them, get them free Health and Dental care and subsidized housing too.  Sorry, 50% of America isn't stupid enough to go for that crap yet. You 'd better dumb-down Public schools a lot more of you want a nation of sheep to rule over.

I've been to Europe.  Was stationed there multiple times.  Kaiserslautern, Germany.  SHAPE, Belgium.  RAF Upperheyford England.  Even did a stint over in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (but that's not Europe).  Heck I even toured  Auschwitz and visited Anne Frank's house.  Europe isn't that bad.

I was even in Oregon last week.  Have to say with the drought the scenery looks almost artificial.  I remember it being green and lush, now it looks like hills of hay with green trees plopped on it here and there.

But I guess that is all off the point.  If you want to blame illegal immigrants for child hunger in the US, then by all means do so.  I'm sorry if your feeling get hurt when I compare you to other historic groups that have blamed a minority for all their societies ills.  Cut food stamps if you truly want.   If you want to suffer and let others suffer because of a self-induced lie, who am I to stop you.  In the end it isn't even illegal alien kids going hungry in my state, but the children of rural whites- statistically Trump voters.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Well, right now, we're laughing at Trump and his circus. 

It's so amusing one would almost wish it lasts longer, but out of sympathy for the sane Americans, I wish it ends already. And involves complete remodeling of the Oval office, because you had an Russian asset in there. Like I said, it's too amusing. 

Too many trying to wake after taking a red pill .. the Movie Matrix thing HA!~:D

Yep~! QUITE THE SHOW ! ... there is no doubt!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AnchorSteam said:

:rolleyes:You wanna confiscate my car to feed them, clothe them, educate them, get them free Health and Dental care and subsidized housing too.  Sorry, 50% of America isn't stupid enough to go for that crap yet. You 'd better dumb-down Public schools a lot more of you want a nation of sheep to rule over.

"British Police go to hell!"
"UK law go to hell!"

I give the UK 10 years at most. 10 years until it's no longer recognizable and Islamic migrant crimes are no longer reported. It's not too late to stop it but at the rate they have been locking up native Brits simply for drawing attention to it, the future looks bleak. Once Western Europe is gone, it's gone for good. All their culture, their heritage will be never be seen again as migrants replaces the past and present with Islamic doctrine. But hey: if the EU wants to laugh at stupid Americans, let them.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Sigh.  5% of Iowans are immigrants, legal or not: https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/research/immigrants-in-iowa

It doesn’t say that.  It does not mention anything about illegals.

Your math doesn't add up.

I wasn’t necessarily talking about the numbers.  That’s trivial.  All it takes is about 5% illegals to begin to put a strain on local resources.  And when it hits a majority of states, it begins to affect national resources.  And then that trickles down.

I have to give Trump kudos though.  He has managed to get illegal immigrants to be the same scapegoats for all of America's problems as Hitler did with the Jews.  I really can't believe it's gotten to the point that he has supporters blaming even child hunger on them.

Ignorant racist!  I guess Trump is siphoning off funds for the Wall to build crematoriums for illegals?  No, the illegals are not scapegoats for all of America’s problems.  Those that are responsible are those that allow the illegals here in the first place.  The fact that illegals are here is still a problem though and Trump wants to deport them back to their own country, not exterminate them.  So please, enough of the Hitler/Trump comparisons!

Trump's no Hitler. He's clearly Mussolini. We've been over this before, complete with baldness. 

• Haha 3

Just now, RavenHawk said:

It doesn’t say that.  It does not mention anything about illegals.

I wasn’t necessarily talking about the numbers.  That’s trivial.  All it takes is about 5% illegals to begin to put a strain on local resources.  And when it hits a majority of states, it begins to affect national resources.  And then that trickles down.

Ignorant racist!  I guess Trump is siphoning off funds for the Wall to build crematoriums for illegals?  No, the illegals are not scapegoats for all of America’s problems.  Those that are responsible are those that allow the illegals here in the first place.  The fact that illegals are here is still a problem though and Trump wants to deport them back to their own country, not exterminate them.  So please, enough of the Hitler/Trump comparisons!

I gave you more than one link.  They clearly show that there aren't very many illegals in Iowa compared to the rest of the population.  Illegals can't even get food stamps but that's a whole other argument.  Child hunger has little to nothing to do with illegal immigration.

And to be blunt, you have a history of clumping people into groups.  Everyone that disagrees with you is a socialist for example.  But if you are going to take a minority and blame them for really abstract crimes to society- like child hunger, I am going to continue to compare you to other groups that historically did the same thing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Trump's no Hitler. He's clearly Mussolini. We've been over this before, complete with baldness. 

Oh, I'm not saying he is Hitler.  I'm saying he is using the same odious plays from his playbook, however.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1