Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Resistance From Inside Trump Admin

Farmer77

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

We are not a democracy Helen.  We are a democratic republic.  In other words ruled by law not by majority vote.  And with good reason.

Well, if you've got laws that override majority vote you can drop that 'democratic' too. And if 1% turns out to be as blinded with greed as I think they are, you might lose the 'republic' part too. 

Classic coup is your best option right now. No, seriously. And it really would look spectacular on TV. 

58 minutes ago, OverSword said:

We are not a democracy Helen.  We are a democratic republic.  In other words ruled by law not by majority vote.  And with good reason.

Yes, and it's great to see some educated people posting here.

Trump won 30 out of 50 states, and 2600 counties vs. 500 for Hillary. 

You can't find any Democrats that will support Hillary anymore and she ran a lousy campaign. Even so, the fringe-kooks still want to overthrow the legally elected Government and the craziest of them advocate for the violent overthrow of the Government. 

.... told you so.  ;)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Well, if you've got laws that override majority vote you can drop that 'democratic' too. And if 1% turns out to be as blinded with greed as I think they are, you might lose the 'republic' part too. 

Classic coup is your best option right now. No, seriously. And it really would look spectacular on TV. 

We elect our officials that write the laws so we can't drop the democratic, as far as the 1% we know how to make guillotines. :)

Why would we have a coup in this economy?  Don't we have enough big cars or bigger TV's?  The only thing we really have to complain about in rhetoric.You would probably feint if you were to walk into a grocery store here.  There's a reason we're so fat.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

This thread in a nutshell.

Those demanding that his supporters explain their support are just sore losers and are acting like spiteful children.  To hell with their whining.  Full speed ahead... MAGA!  The whiners need to go below decks  :w00t:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Why would we have a coup in this economy?  

Ladies and gentlemen a 21st century American patriot :lol:

• Haha 2

Trump is busted.

Not sure if he can survive this.

• Haha 1

Just now, pallidin said:

Trump is busted.

Not sure if he can survive this.

lol. They've been saying that since January 2017. No, in fact since June 2015.

• Haha 1

The points I do like about Trump is his hard stance on immigration policy, illegals, gang members, etc..

Well done, though not complete.

But he is still an ass that few around him like. Very abrasive.

A fragmentation within his administration is at a level that I have never seen before.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

lol. They've been saying that since January 2017. No, in fact since June 2015.

Even I chuckled at that. Trump will never be "busted" in the eyes of his faithful 

11 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Who would you urge to carry out the coup? The military? Would a military dictatorship be a step forward from Trump's tyranny? The neocons, the ferociously aggressive far-right wing militarists and "interventionists" that surround him? America would be a happier and more united place with them in charge? the Democrats, who are utterly indistinguishable from the neocons in every discernible way? Antifa and the Anti-Trump Resistance? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The "faithful" virtually view Trump as "God"

That is, everything Trump says is correct, any faults he makes are due to other people's failures, etc.

Extreme narcissitic mentality which gathers "sheeples" to blindly follow him.

• Like 2

It's sickening. Trump is a psychopath in presidency.

• Like 3

Who would you urge to carry out the coup? The military? Would a military dictatorship be a step forward from Trump's tyranny? The neocons, the ferociously aggressive far-right wing militarists and "interventionists" that surround him? America would be a happier and more united place with them in charge? the Democrats, who are utterly indistinguishable from the neocons in every discernible way? Antifa and the Anti-Trump Resistance? 

Very much how I feel about our options in the upcoming election. 

That said we're gonna have to pick one of them eventually and certainly any of them are less dangerous than Trump at this point.

I would love to see an actual, mature Republican president. Trump doesn't  even come close to the ideal of maturity.

• Like 3

Just now, pallidin said:

I would love to see an actual, mature Republican president. Trump doesn't  even come close to the ideal of maturity.

While my politics have clearly drifted away from the GOP I can respect what they historically stand for and wouldnt mind seeing a traditional mature adult republican as POTUS.

My problem now is I just cant view any of the Trump sycophants as mature adults - ever. We really need new blood in our political system.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's so easy to be dissatisfied with entire political process.

I hear you.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Even I chuckled at that. Trump will never be "busted" in the eyes of his faithful 

I know you'd never possibly imagine that it might be the "resistance" that's fanatical rather than his followers, but don't you think it shows rather that the Resistance* is in fact pretty useless really if, if he is such an obviously deranged maniac, its attacks seem to have had absolutely no effect on him and he continues blustering away on Twitter just as he always has? I mean, look at Muellergate; what an absolutely feeble pathetic waste of everyone's time and however much money they threw at it. Utterly useless. :no: 

* which really ought to be said in a mock French accent. "Ray-zis-tance". 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, pallidin said:

The "faithful" virtually view Trump as "God"

That is, everything Trump says is correct, any faults he makes are due to other people's failures, etc.

Extreme narcissitic mentality which gathers "sheeples" to blindly follow him.

and that differs from the admirers of Hillary or the Sainted Barack how?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Very much how I feel about our options in the upcoming election. 

That said we're gonna have to pick one of them eventually and certainly any of them are less dangerous than Trump at this point.

now this is exactly what I was saying about fanaticism. A military coup or the neocon nutjobs rather than someone who may be a buffoon but is essentially powerless?

now this is exactly what I was saying about fanaticism. A military coup or the neocon nutjobs rather than someone who may be a buffoon but is essentially powerless?

Sorry if I wasnt clear, no i am not in favor of a coup quite yet, although I definitely reserve the right to change my mind on that.

The problem is he clearly isnt powerless. He has spent a lifetime surrounded by "yes men" and I have no doubt that he can or could find anyone to perform any whim which his heart desires. Depending on those desires and those standing in the way it could end very badly for America.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

I know you'd never possibly imagine that it might be the "resistance" that's fanatical rather than his followers, but don't you think it shows rather that the Resistance* is in fact pretty useless really if, if he is such an obviously deranged maniac, its attacks seem to have had absolutely no effect on him and he continues blustering away on Twitter just as he always has? I mean, look at Muellergate; what an absolutely feeble pathetic waste of everyone's time and however much money they threw at it. Utterly useless. :no: 

* which really ought to be said in a mock French accent. "Ray-zis-tance". 

Oh some of "the resistance " definitely is fanatical. Meanwhile much of what has been labeled "the resistance" is simply US law enforcement doing its job.

As for Mueller, I wholly disagree with it being useless. We as a nation need to be ensuring the security of our election, the investigation is important. Trump could have very easily made the investigation about Russia and the election and it would have continued on doing its work largely out of the media. His constant attacks on the investigation and investigators however have made it so its Mueller vs Him. I truly believe (if trump was innocent) it didnt have to be this way.

As for the money , its a pittance compared to what weve paid for Trump to play golf, I think securing our elections is worth that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sorry if I wasnt clear, no i am not in favor of a coup quite yet, although I definitely reserve the right to change my mind on that.

The problem is he clearly isnt powerless. He has spent a lifetime surrounded by "yes men" and I have no doubt that he can or could find anyone to perform any whim which his heart desires. Depending on those desires and those standing in the way it could end very badly for America.

oh for goodness sake. You're contradicting the very premise of this thread. If he was the dictator who ruled with a rod of fear who was surrounded by sycophantic yes men who would perform any whim which his heart desires, how come there's this brave and gallant resistance movement within his very own administration?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

You know, back in the days, what you implicitly expressed here will be noted as ...

responsum exitiale

~

:yes:

~

"And With Your Spirit"- It's Not What You Think - Community in Mission ...

blog.adw.org/2010/05/and-with-your-spirit-its-not-what-you-think/

May 26, 2010 - But this is not really what is being said by the congregation or what is meant by the Latin response et cum spiritu tuo (and with your spirit).

~

:lol:

~

• Like 1

Just now, Vlad the Mighty said:

oh for goodness sake. You're contradicting the very premise of this thread. If he was the dictator who ruled with a rod of fear who was surrounded by sycophantic yes men who would perform any whim which his heart desires, how come there's this brave and gallant resistance movement within his very own administration?

Most likely because he is senile or just in denial because his ego wouldnt let him see what is happening around him.

The real test now will be watching the Justice Departments actions.  If they do open an investigation at his behest (assuming they even tell us about it), absent evidence of an actual crime,  we'll have a true indicator as to the power he still holds and the willingness of those in government to keep him in check.