Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Resistance From Inside Trump Admin

Farmer77

3 hours ago, bee said:

of course the whole op ed thing (besides attempts to divide and rule) ---

could as suggested here be a smokescreen to take attention away from the Kavanaugh hearing 
and the bad publicity the Democrats made for themselves in terms of vote catching moderate
free thinking democrats... many who are WalkingAway...

Dan Rather questioned the timing of the 'New York Times' op-ed written by someone claiming to be a senior administration in the Trump White House. In an interview with CNN's Don Lemon on Thursday, Rather wondered if its a smokescreen for the Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court confirmation hearing.
(end of quote..)

and the RNC have used the SCOTUS protests in an advert so maybe the DNC and backers had to give
the Mind Control Media something a bit juicy to fill their copy with... and quick... 

:lol: Youre hilarious Bee. Rather was saying someone in the administration did it so the news wouldnt be talking about the hundreds of thousands of pages of documents the WH refused to release on Kavanaugh or about his anti abortion stance

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bee said:

Yet no one has managed to do it yet..... 

Try as they might

:)

(edit to add..... name calling and spiteful insults don't count as 'stumping') 

He's been stumped any number of times. The fact that his supporters stick their fingers in their ears and scream fake news to themselves doesn't change that. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pallidin said:

Come now. Trump is not, nor has even been a true Republican.

Recall during the early race he said:

"If the Republican party will not accept me, I will run as an independent"

His exact words.

So, there you have it. Trump is a Republican by "convenience", not conviction.

That is a logical fallacy, Pallidin. 

Moreover, if the Republican party hadn't nominated him as their candidate, then OBVIOUSLY he would have to have run as an independent, or give up his presidential ambitions altogether.  

• Like 1

And this is the result of the left politicians calling for unhinged behaviours and not condemning the violence we've seen.

Castro Valley Man Accused Of Switchblade Assault On GOP Congressional Candidate

CASTRO VALLEY (CBS SF) – A man was arrested on suspicion of felony assault and other charges after allegedly attempting to stab a Republican congressional candidate with a switchblade over the weekend at in Castro Valley, according to the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/09/11/man-assaults-republican-congressional-candidate-switchblade-castro-valley/

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, skliss said:

And this is the result of the left politicians calling for unhinged behaviours and not condemning the violence we've seen.

Castro Valley Man Accused Of Switchblade Assault On GOP Congressional Candidate

CASTRO VALLEY (CBS SF) – A man was arrested on suspicion of felony assault and other charges after allegedly attempting to stab a Republican congressional candidate with a switchblade over the weekend at in Castro Valley, according to the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/09/11/man-assaults-republican-congressional-candidate-switchblade-castro-valley/

Well the media has been glorifying 'protesters' rioting in the streets and attacking anyone who disagrees for a few years now, the more mentally unstable might see that and think they're morally justified in shanking conservatives to 'save the country'. 

Objectively it's a drop in the bucket to the normal crazies who do such things every single day on impulse/greed/selfishness/etc though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wickian said:

Well the media has been glorifying 'protesters' rioting in the streets and attacking anyone who disagrees for a few years now, the more mentally unstable might see that and think they're morally justified in shanking conservatives to 'save the country'. 

Objectively it's a drop in the bucket to the normal crazies who do such things every single day on impulse/greed/selfishness/etc though.

The difference is in the targeting and motive.  There will always be random crimes with the traditional motives.  What we're seeing now is the Left encouraging people to attack members of a certain political party, up to and including open calls for the assassination of the President.  One could almost interpret the actions of the media, celebrities and those like Maxine Waters as an attempt to weaponize their fringe supporters.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, aztek said:

If only we had a law that prevented internet companies from throttling information or restricting access to things they wish us to see.  We could call it "Neutral Net" or something.  I know, silly idea.  We should just go with our current system and let the customers decide with their money. <sarcasm>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gromdor said:

If only we had a law that prevented internet companies from throttling information or restricting access to things they wish us to see.  We could call it "Neutral Net" or something.  I know, silly idea.  We should just go with our current system and let the customers decide with their money. <sarcasm>

lamo, nice try, but NN did not stop companies form doing selective results before.

• Thanks 1

Just now, aztek said:

lamo, nice try, but NN did not stop companies form doing selective results before.

It laid the groundwork for your argument. It could have been expanded to correct this very thing.  We opted to take it in the opposite direction, however.  Companies can do what they want and if you don't like it, you should pay for an alternative service.  The whole monopoly argument was just tossed to the side.

Full-On Fascism: Trump Makes the Transition in his War on the Press

Someone else that doesn't really seem to understand that if he was the New Mussolini (tm), he wouldn't just rage powerlessly against the media, would he. He'd shut the ******in' lot down with a snap of his fingers and have the entire staff of journalists incarcerated in prison camps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Astra. said:

No, I don't agree. I read the op-ed article again...and in my opinion it came across as being honest and sincere from those in this administration (true insiders) who are terribly concerned in how Mr Trump is handling things behind the scenes. Also, I can understand why the author wants to remain anonymous, as the consequences could be calamitous if he / she came forward at this time. I also believe that the author of this epistle has the backing of other highly ranked senior officials (probably another very important reason as to stay anonymous) as the author mentions "we" a number of times throughout the article. Have you read it bee ?

As far as I'm concerned the NYT piece is just more of the same propaganda Mind Fk as all the rest that has come before it -
yes I have read it and at the end of the day it's anonymous hearsay... allegedly given to the rabidly anti Trump NYT...
although they could easily have made it all up - ie a senior NYT editor fed the article through the lower ranks
claiming that the author was known to them....... when they knew it came from '''elsewhere'''' ..... 

It panders / appeals to those who are anti Trump ... confirmation bias and all that...

although there is an interesting twist to this that may have been unforeseen by the clever clogs propagandists..?

Potential Republican voters who have doubts about Trump could now be soothed into thinking that it's ok
to vote Republican in the Mid Term elections because there are '''insiders'''' in the Administration looking out for what THEY want and addressing their concerns...... :wacko: 

Edited by bee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Someone else that doesn't really seem to understand that if he was the New Mussolini (tm), he wouldn't just rage powerlessly against the media, would he. He'd shut the ******in' lot down with a snap of his fingers and have the entire staff of journalists incarcerated in prison camps. 

That expert (Assistant Professor of Political Science at Lehigh University. He holds a PhD in political communication,)'s agenda can I think be deduced from his talk about "The president has a history of flirting with authoritarian figures, be it his adoration of Kim Jong Un’s regime, or his efforts to foster stronger ties with Vladimir Putin.". Remember, this is the kind of people who hate Trump: they want confrontation and aggression around the world. They don't want reconciliation. They want confrontation rather than talk. These people are the truly dangerous ones.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

:lol: Youre hilarious Bee. Rather was saying someone in the administration did it so the news wouldnt be talking about the hundreds of thousands of pages of documents the WH refused to release on Kavanaugh or about his anti abortion stance

ok...  ....

so we have layers of smokescreens but at the end of the day there's still a lot of smoke...

ultimately leaving behind the perception that Trump is in some way unfit to be Pres. 
which is the basic message being pedaled 24/7....

but like I said in reply to Astra... if potential Republican votes want to believe the Op Ed piece
they could be soothed into thinking that there is a movement within the Administration that means
they don't have to stay home for the Mid Term elections but they get out and vote....  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

That expert (Assistant Professor of Political Science at Lehigh University. He holds a PhD in political communication,)'s agenda can I think be deduced from his talk about "The president has a history of flirting with authoritarian figures, be it his adoration of Kim Jong Un’s regime, or his efforts to foster stronger ties with Vladimir Putin.". Remember, this is the kind of people who hate Trump: they want confrontation and aggression around the world. They don't want reconciliation. They want confrontation rather than talk. These people are the truly dangerous ones.  

I said earlier in this thread that I'm astonished and aghast at the lack of critical thinking that so called
intelligent and educated people are displaying when it comes to the anti Trump propaganda but like
you say... the ones who quite calculatedly tell ridiculous lies like Trump adoring Kim Jong Un's regime..
are the 'truly dangerous ones'....

and on top of that they are probably just Useful Idiots in the eyes of the REALLY really dangerous ones... 
who are really steering it all behind the scenes.. 

:hmm:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Remember, this is the kind of people who hate Trump: they want confrontation and aggression around the world. They don't want reconciliation. They want confrontation rather than talk. These people are the truly dangerous ones.  

they had no mercy for the civilians in Iraq and one day they may have no mercy for the
us...civilians in the West,,, they had no mercy for the civilians in Libya and have no mercy
for the civilians in Syria.... at the end of the day we are all potential collateral damage for
these Very Dangerous People working on an agenda that requires war and aggression
around the world... :(

Devastated Iraqi woman crying after village was destroyed

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Trump has a difficult balancing act to perform as President with the Professional War Hawks trying to influence
his decisions - but IMO he is still less of a warmonger than we might have got if only they would get off
his back more.... I think Trump's inclinations and instincts are for Peace (although his methods / words to achieve
that might not seem like it at first... )

His enemies are desperate to brush the growing reconciliation between north and south Korea under the carpet...
Heaven forbid Trump should be given credit for anything.... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

He's wannabe Mussolini. While they share the same unfortunate physique, facial expressions and a lot of mental health issues, Trump didn't get really far but not because he lacks ill intentions, it's because he lacks competence.

Mussolini had his blackshirts, Hitler brownshirts, Trump only has brownoses that share the utter uselessness with their fail-führer.

If the next Trump is someone functional, with structure that would include non-disabled supporters, this won't be as funny anymore. 

10 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

You must be aware that surrendering to anyone who demands it from you is not how sane people are supposed to go through life.

Not to mention better relations with neighbours are not achieved by setting your house on fire. In fact, neighbours who want you to do that are not the type of people who should be reconciled with, they are the type of people you need to defend yourself from. Possibly together with other, sane neighbours who would never ask you to set your house on fire. 

Trump is not building better relations (which would be awesome), he's destroying the existing ones, attempting to trade US position for personal gain. While he successfully destroys US position, because that is Putin's goal, he wasn't successful in personal profiteering because that's no one competent cares about and he obviously can't really do anything by himself.     

Trump's spinelessness and disorientation already worsened all existing international problems and created few more – working on dismantling NATO being the most screamingly obvious tragic example of his inability to understand what indescribable damage he's doing. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

You must be aware that surrendering to anyone who demands it from you is not how sane people are supposed to go through life.

so preferring talking to antagonisticc sabre or bomb-rattling is surrendering? Then I think I'd rather have surrender. I think most sane people would prefer people to talk rather than threaten "fire and fury" at each other. Although perhaps (heretical thought) the Donald's talk of "fire and fury" was what made L'il Kim decide to prefer to talk. What exactly is it that the Donald has surrendered to Korea's Mad Tyrant? The assurance that Korea will be perpetually divided into two antagonistic halves that are technically in a state of perpetual war with each other? Wouldn't sane people, in either half of Korea, prefer that to be brought to an end, even if some did call it "surrender"? 

Edited by Vlad the Mighty
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Donald's talk of "fire and fury" was what made L'il Kim decide to prefer to talk.

N Koreas objective was to have talks direct talks with the USA.

So if the Great Dictator was in cahoots* with North Korea's Mad Tyrant out of sheer admiration for his ruthless way with dissenters, all the bluster about "fire and fury" was all a bluff? Perhaps the Great Dictator agreed it in private with North Korea's Mad Dictator all along. "Hey Kim**, now don't take offense, but  I'm gonna threaten you with fire and fury the like of which the world has never seen, just to make people think that I'm raving insane, ok? Trust me. I'm a genius."

* I'd love to be in cahoots one day 

** It would be asking  abit much to expect the Great Dictator to grasp the subtleties of Korean naming conventions

Edited by Vlad the Mighty

4 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

so preferring talking to antagonisticc sabre or bomb-rattling is surrendering? Then I think I'd rather have surrender. I think most sane people would prefer people to talk rather than threaten "fire and fury" at each other. Although perhaps (heretical thought) the Donald's talk of "fire and fury" was what made L'il Kim decide to prefer to talk. What exactly is it that the Donald has surrendered to Korea's Mad Tyrant? The assurance that Korea will be perpetually divided into two antagonistic halves that are technically in a state of perpetual war with each other? Wouldn't sane people, in either half of Korea, prefer that to be brought to an end, even if some did call it "surrender"? 

Here's my words from another thread:

It is amazing how Trump has tried to be nice and polite to Putin and Kim Jong-un and yet is described as being a patsy for Putin and cozying up to Kim-Jong. All he is trying to accomplish is peace, and the Korea's are talking again after almost 70 years. And when referencing Russia, he said "is there anything wrong with peace?"

So let's see, he goes to Korea, and is polite to a nuclear armed dictator, trying to accomplish a lasting peace, and he is suddenly vilified as a someone who opened his arms up to an evil brutal dictator.

Or let's try scenario two: He goes to Korea and is the same brash arrogant Trump, and demands North Korea disarms or more sanctions are coming. The situation is tense for years and finally Kim Jong fires a Nuke at South Korea killing 1.7 million people. We know what would happen here. Trump would get the blame because he went to North Korea in 2018 and blew the chance for peace.

But peace isn't good for the war machine running D.C Eisenhower warned us about.

Trump is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't in the eyes of the left.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

they share the same unfortunate physique, facial expressions and a lot of mental health issues,

That is very pathetic to use as evidence.

7 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

In short, no sane president would empower that little NK blob of fat. Not that I have something against fat people, but Kim is the only fat man in whole, chronically starving NK. That fact alone speaks volumes.

Still NK is under total Chinese control, so no real damage was done - certainly no progress either - Trump managed to make it seem more chaotic, that's all. Personally, I really dislike actual chaos, it's much healthier when US creates controlled chaos. 

(Certainly I would prefer a world where chaos in no form is used as a tool in politics, but that's not something we can have at the moment.)       

While Trump didn't manage to give SK to NK or US to Russia (humorously: yet) his bizarre flattering, sucking up to people - dictators, that is, well, they're sort of people too - is definitely seen as verbal surrender. Trump doesn't understand what balance means and why it's so essential: he either tosses childish insults and threats around, either kisses someone's behind. Either is not how adults communicate, especially not negotiate.  

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Haha 1