Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Resistance From Inside Trump Admin

Farmer77

5 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Like with Nazi Germany, Imperial Japan and Fascist Italy? 

Yeah, how many civilians were killed in those countries? But it was worth it! Look where they are now! G*ddamit, they're grateful to us now! 

On 9/17/2018 at 10:01 PM, Tatetopa said:

They operate in our economy and on our economy and don't care where you buy your toothpaste.  

When they can force your compliance through sanctioned violence, get back to me and we can compare the two.  Until then, it's a ridiculous comparison, IMO.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Like with Nazi Germany, Imperial Japan and Fascist Italy? 

More like with Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

.... ugh, how "Progressive".

Just the sort of people you'd want to give 150 Billion Dollars to if you were concerned about Human Rights, eh?

Erm.. yeah.. You are aware what the Iranian Revolution was a response to, from what seeds it sprung forth, I do hope..

1953 Iranian coup d'état

In 1941 Reza Shah was deposed and his son, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, was installed by an invasion of allied British and Soviet troops. In 1953, foreign powers (American and British) again came to the Shah's aid – after the young Shah fled the country to Italy, the British MI6 aided an American CIA operative in organizing a military coup d'état to oust the nationalist and democratically elected Prime Minister Mohammad Mossadegh.[59]

Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi, who was the son of Reza Shah, maintained a close relationship with the U.S. government, both regimes sharing an opposition to the expansion of the Soviet Union, Iran's powerful northern neighbor. Like his father's government, the Shah's was known for its autocracy, its focus on modernization and Westernization and for its disregard for religious[60] and democratic measures in Iran's constitution. Leftist and Islamist groups attacked his government (often from outside Iran as they were suppressed within) for violating the Iranian constitution, political corruption, and the political oppression by the SAVAK secret police.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Revolution#1953_Iranian_coup_d'état

..Another nifty example of Western Statecraft, to which whole droves of Westerners proceed to completely disregard this case of foreign meddling - one of many mind you, most of which would be interpreted as a clearcut casus belli, undoubtedly responded to with extreme prejudice if ´tables were turned´ - only to point their fingers at the target nation for ´not being progressive´.

In a few years, well all but have forgotten the fact weve plunged the whole ME back to the middle ages, and lament the fact the locals are ´not very progressive´, comparing pictures with those of the latish 20th century. Enthousiastically blaming their backward religion, and general non Americanism (because, well theyre Great, and everyone else.. meh, not so much).

It has occured to me there actually is a small chance your post I quoted here is meant in an extremely cynical, shrewdly comical sort of way.. In which case I´d have to tip the proverbial hat to you, sir.. and proclaim: ´Well played´. :P

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 4

I find it hilarious that people are earnestly explaining how Iran is a repressive theocracy (so therefore, what, we owe it to them to liberate them from their repressive imams, we'd be doing them a favour like we did the people of Libya? :unsure: ), and of course that it wants nothing more than to Destroy Israel and Flatten all the Jews, but people are very very quiet indeed when it comes to any criticism of the "West"'s most Valued and Loyal Ally, Saudi Arabia, which is as we speak almost certainly massacring a few more peasants in Yemen, with the all-important and much-valued assistance of Uncle Sam. 

• Like 2

Just now, Vlad the Mighty said:

I find it hilarious that people are earnestly explaining how Iran is a repressive theocracy (so therefore, what, we owe it to them to liberate them from their repressive imams, we'd be doing them a favour like we did the people of Libya? :unsure: ),

yes and no, iran is responsible for that, but we owe them nothing, regardless of what iran is now, last thing its people want is our help, and people in USA are not in favor of "bringing democracy" to iran. but then, when has any gvmnt cared what people want? sure some can say they care, but we were not born yesterday

Edited by aztek

19 hours ago, and then said:

When they can force your compliance through sanctioned violence, get back to me and we can compare the two.  Until then, it's a ridiculous comparison, IMO.

True enough.  Yet, does the government not serve as the enforcement arm for corporations?  When land is condemned for a sports stadium, it may be the government doing the strong arming, but it is a corporation doing the lobbying.  Sometimes they get a little more forceful.

https://www.procon.org/headline.php?headlineID=005331

On Sep. 3 a major escalation occurred when private security working for Dakota Access used dogs and pepper spray on a group of Native Americans and allies who had walked onto an active pipeline construction site to disrupt operations.

Of course law enforcement was brought in after that.  I am not arguing the pros or cons of the pipeline, but I think corporations have more teeth than you think.  Ever tried to exercise your First or Second Amendment rights on a large corporate campus?   Most of them don't put up with that.

You may choose corporations over the government, but every chance I get, I buy local or from small firms even if it costs a little more.

11 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

..Another nifty example of Western Statecraft, to which whole droves of Westerners proceed to completely disregard this case of foreign meddling

Actually, no. The Left has been just as eager to use that incident to excuse every single act of Terrorism (Iran is the world's #1 sponsor of Terrorism) and warfare and internal oppression & mass murder since 1979. 

And, following their lead,  so has the Theocratic Dictatorship of Iran.

Now, I know that Iran is the EU's favorite country in the Middle East, but I am amazed at how the Neo-Communists fawn over it. After all, the 1979 revolution was a joint effort between the Communists and the Islamists.... and once the smoke had cleared the Islamists eliminated the Communists.

Even sent them to nice little purpose-built Gulags, in some cases, so they would feel right at home.

Meanwhile, just keep trotting out the same excuse the next time the Ayatoolah's take the unprecedented step of seizing an embassy and holding everyone in it hostage for money, or supply terrorists with cash & arms, or send a whole country backwards 1,000 years, or slaughter their own people in the streets because they were protesting an election being stolen from them.

And BTW; last report was that there were 178,000 marriage licenses issued for Child-Brides between 2013 and 2016, under the age of 15, in Iran. The age of consent is 9 years old there. 

As of last Spring, there were 8 women being held in squalid little cells awaiting the day they would be stoned to death.

Nice country, I'm sure the 12ers appreciate your steadfast support.

Meanwhile, the Saudis are reforming; women can drive their own cars (something they still can't do it Iran) and go out without male chaperones. 

11 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

It has occured to me there actually is a small chance your post I quoted here is meant in an extremely cynical, shrewdly comical sort of way.. In which case I´d have to tip the proverbial hat to you, sir.. and proclaim: ´Well played´. :P

I spent half a year in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Iraq.

Believe me, kiddo, you have no idea what the word cynical can really mean. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 19-9-2018 at 7:13 PM, Phaeton80 said:

Erm.. yeah.. You are aware what the Iranian Revolution was a response to, from what seeds it sprung forth, I do hope..

..Another nifty example of Western Statecraft, to which whole droves of Westerners proceed to completely disregard this case of foreign meddling - one of many mind you, most of which would be interpreted as a clearcut casus belli, undoubtedly responded to with extreme prejudice if ´tables were turned´ - only to point their fingers at the target nation for ´not being progressive´.

In a few years, well all but have forgotten the fact weve plunged the whole ME back to the middle ages, and lament the fact the locals are ´not very progressive´, comparing pictures with those of the latish 20th century. Enthousiastically blaming their backward religion, and general non Americanism (because, well theyre Great, and everyone else.. meh, not so much).

Heres a surprising development..

Wikileaks: To Weaken Iran, US Undermined Democratic Elements of Syrian Opposition to Empower Radical Groups

A recently uncovered U.S. government document published by WikiLeaks has revealed that the U.S. directly advocated for undermining “democratic” elements of the so-called Syrian “revolution” of 2011 in order to ensure the dominance of authoritarian, sectarian Sunni groups within the Syrian opposition.

The document, written by the United States Marine Corps (USMC) Intelligence Department in late 2011, further asserts that empowering these radical Sunni groups over democratic and secular ones would be ideal for the United States and its regional partners, as ensuring the decline of the current Syrian government, and with it a secular Syria, would harm Iran’s regional clout.

In other words, the U.S. openly supported undermining democratic opposition forces in Syria in order to challenge Iranian influence and, with it, the influence of the Middle East’s “resistance axis” that obstructs the imperialistic agendas of the U.S. and its regional allies such as Saudi Arabia and Israel.

[..]

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-02/wikileaks-weaken-iran-us-undermined-democratic-elements-syrian-opposition-empower

In ten years from now, we'd probably be lamenting the backward, undemocratic evil terror- breedingground Syria.. pointing our selfrighteous chubby little fingers in dismay from a feigned position of moral and cultural superiority.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, aztek said:

in 10 years you will live in Islamic republic

In 10 years, you will probably still live in your fantasy world. 

• Like 1

you too buddy. lol, do not be jealous,  you will both be speaking Arabic, might as well start taking classes now,. and learn all their traditions and customs, cuz they will not tolerate yours unlike you tolerate theirs now.

Edited by aztek

11 minutes ago, aztek said:

you too buddy. lol, do not be jealous,  you will both be speaking Arabic, might as well start taking classes now,. and learn all their traditions and customs, cuz they will not tolerate yours unlike you tolerate theirs now.

Sure, sure :rolleyes:

You are an incredibly tedious little man, you know. 

Edited by Setton
  • Like 2