Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Cincinnati shooter murders four

15 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Eldorado

A call reporting shots fired at the Fifth Third Center tower at 38 Fountain Square came in to Cincinnati police about 9:10 a.m., Isaac said. The shooter entered through a loading dock, fired shots there, then went to the lobby of the 32-floor skyscraper and continued to fire. The shooting was contained to the loading dock and the lobby.

Isaac said police exchanged shots with the shooter. Cincinnati Mayor John Cranley said the police shot the gunman. Cranley applauded “the heroism of the police and firefighters."

"It appears the police were there within minutes," Cranley said. "He was actively shooting innocent victims, it appears, and our officers were able to kill him. You can imagine this could’ve been much worse than it was.”

Source: https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2018/09/06/several-shooting-victims-reported-at-fifth-third.html

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
NightScreams

I wonder if all these mass shootings are increasing and more related to our culture and social media regarding past mass shooting incidents or if it's not really increasing at all but just more sensationalized throughout the media. It doesn't seem like life in general is any more stressful than before to cause higher numbers in mental issues but we definitely have a mental health problem.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

i do not wonder, i'm pretty sure it contributes 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then

"we must put human life first and ideology last"   I wonder what he might mean?  Might it have anything to do with taking the guns from law abiding citizens?  I'm thinking yeah, it would.  The irony is that fools like this aren't wise enough or caring enough to see down the road at what an out of control government could then do to those "human lives".  

When it comes to 2A... they will meet a solid wall of fast-moving lead when they try to diminish, let alone cancel it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
7 minutes ago, and then said:

"we must put human life first and ideology last"   I wonder what he might mean?  Might it have anything to do with taking the guns from law abiding citizens?  I'm thinking yeah, it would.  The irony is that fools like this aren't wise enough or caring enough to see down the road at what an out of control government could then do to those "human lives".  

When it comes to 2A... they will meet a solid wall of fast-moving lead when they try to diminish, let alone cancel it.

From the link:

This is not normal,” he said. “No other industrialized country has this many shootings. Downtown is safe, and this specific threat has been removed, but at any given time at any place in the country, people engage in these active shootings, which is grotesque. We need as a country to figure out how to end these multiple mass shootings.

Random mass shootings, which plague our nation, are not normal and we as a country can’t allow them to be normalized. Our country is the only first-world nation with this level of mass shootings. This is an American problem, that we as Americans must solve by putting ideology last and human life first.

“Please join me in praying for the victims, praying for our country and join me in this fight to end senseless gun violence. Our hearts are broken today.

Doesn't seem to have anything to do with that paranoid ideology. Seems to be focused on ending mass shootings. That's pretty normal outside of America. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Seems to be focused on ending mass shootings

Which any sane person will support.  It's the means by which they desire to accomplish the goal that is in question.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
5 minutes ago, and then said:

Which any sane person will support.  It's the means by which they desire to accomplish the goal that is in question.

Regulation is not confiscation though. I'm not sure why people associate the two. And the evil government thing just isn't plausible. Its no better a CT than the people saying the Government is hiding Bigfoot and aliens. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

regulate and control illegal guns, legal ones are already controlled and regulated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
4 minutes ago, aztek said:

regulate and control illegal guns, legal ones are already controlled and regulated

Liberal Gov in Canada is trying to bring back the useless gun registry the last Administration discarded. Why? There are too many shootings in Toronto between gangs using illegal guns they procure across the border.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
5 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Liberal Gov in Canada is trying to bring back the useless gun registry the last Administration discarded. Why? There are too many shootings in Toronto between gangs using illegal guns they procure across the border.

knee jerk reaction by your gvmnt to make it look like they accomplish something. typical liberal idiocy. I have 0 doubt it wlll have absolutely have no effect on gang shootings, but you will be affected for sure.

Edited by aztek
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
8 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Regulation is not confiscation though.

Confiscation is already happening in NY State. If you are deemed a potential threat, the "secret Police" will come to your house and take your guns - it always starts with registration. Just because the current Government isn't coming to take your guns, you can't be sure the next one won't. You can't be sure who the next leaders will be, as the world found out in 2016. It will be easy to implement confiscation in places like Australia or Canada because

a ) the population is small
b ) there are relatively few guns

It won't happen in America because neither of the above is true. There are more guns in America than people...maybe you have heard that said before but really think about what that means in terms of regulation, confiscation, etc. The cat isn't just out of the bag when it comes to guns, it ran down the street and started a family. IMO the only sensible thing to do when living in that kind of fully loaded chaos is to maximize your chances by legally carrying. It's much easier to be a victim in a country with lots of crazy and lots of guns.

 

Edit to add--

I contradicted myself. I said confiscation is happening in NY State but won't happen in America. What I mean is that confiscation may happen on a small scale in controlled areas like California of NY. Even then, illegal guns still flood the streets. America is such a different beast when it comes to guns you can't hope to apply small country gun control.

Edited by Dark_Grey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado
17 hours ago, NightScreams said:

I wonder if all these mass shootings are increasing and more related to our culture and social media regarding past mass shooting incidents.....

Between 1949 and 1981 there were 3 mass shootings with 10 or more fatalities.

Between 1982 and 2018 there has been 24.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_shootings_in_the_United_States

Something changed in the 80s.  What? I do not know.

Edited by Eldorado
typos
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
11 hours ago, aztek said:

regulate and control illegal guns, legal ones are already controlled and regulated

That's what regulation does. Pretty simple really, registered gun = good guy not registered = bad guy, I'm sure even you could understand the concept. 

Edited by psyche101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
11 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Confiscation is already happening in NY State. If you are deemed a potential threat, the "secret Police" will come to your house and take your guns - it always starts with registration. Just because the current Government isn't coming to take your guns, you can't be sure the next one won't. You can't be sure who the next leaders will be, as the world found out in 2016. It will be easy to implement confiscation in places like Australia or Canada because

a ) the population is small
b ) there are relatively few guns

It won't happen in America because neither of the above is true. There are more guns in America than people...maybe you have heard that said before but really think about what that means in terms of regulation, confiscation, etc. The cat isn't just out of the bag when it comes to guns, it ran down the street and started a family. IMO the only sensible thing to do when living in that kind of fully loaded chaos is to maximize your chances by legally carrying. It's much easier to be a victim in a country with lots of crazy and lots of guns.

 

Edit to add--

I contradicted myself. I said confiscation is happening in NY State but won't happen in America. What I mean is that confiscation may happen on a small scale in controlled areas like California of NY. Even then, illegal guns still flood the streets. America is such a different beast when it comes to guns you can't hope to apply small country gun control.

Regulation can't happen when a state who is not regulated is a couple hours drive where you can get what you want. It's an all or nothing solution. You stand together or watch each other get picked of. 

Yes, I agree that what worked here would not work there. Its a bigger country, open to Mexico and an ingrained culture with people believing paranoid ideas like your government will come after you. Even if that far fetched scenario hit the billion to one chance that it would happen, a gun in the closet is not going to have any impact on modern military might. One bombing raid from an air conditioned room miles away and all those guns are gone. They are just a security blanket. In the meantime innocent people are paying dearly for that security blanket. 

Its not the method that requires attention here. Its the result. Our countries found workable solutions, I have no doubt that if a think tank with your best minds, not politicians obviously, that there's every reason to have confidence that a working solution could be found and implemented. But with current attitudes I can't even see the idea being explored. The security blanket is in place and a billion dollar industry is keeping a handful of fat cats filthy rich at the expense of the population. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NightScreams
15 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Regulation can't happen when a state who is not regulated is a couple hours drive where you can get what you want. It's an all or nothing solution. You stand together or watch each other get picked of. 

Yes, I agree that what worked here would not work there. Its a bigger country, open to Mexico and an ingrained culture with people believing paranoid ideas like your government will come after you. Even if that far fetched scenario hit the billion to one chance that it would happen, a gun in the closet is not going to have any impact on modern military might. One bombing raid from an air conditioned room miles away and all those guns are gone. They are just a security blanket. In the meantime innocent people are paying dearly for that security blanket. 

Its not the method that requires attention here. Its the result. Our countries found workable solutions, I have no doubt that if a think tank with your best minds, not politicians obviously, that there's every reason to have confidence that a working solution could be found and implemented. But with current attitudes I can't even see the idea being explored. The security blanket is in place and a billion dollar industry is keeping a handful of fat cats filthy rich at the expense of the population. 

I think the ideas of your govt coming after you is more about checks and balances or assured mutual destruction. There are far more citizens than military and govt official leaders. If some catastrophic event took place, it's pretty likely that in a huge outbreak, the leaders will get overwhelmed at picked off as the military struggles to focus protection on the hiearchy. Some people feel if we have too few or too weak of weapons, we no longer have anything to really enforce the government to obey the very laws they set up. The fact that officials have in fact broken those laws and agencies have broken laws or at least tried to hide shady and legally ethical or questionable things is good reason to maintain adequate lethal force for the citizens as unrealistic as that sounds, it's not unrealistic for a major catastrophe to occur to upset everything into turmoil. If we get that eruption at Yosemite park like they say we're due for, America is going into chaos really quick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.